It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Greenwald resigns from the Intercept

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Mods, I was unsure where to post this so move where needed if incorrect.

In a nutshell, Glenn Greenwald, whom most would say was the most appreciated journalist during the Bush years in exposing many things that were being done dirty during that admin has resigned from a magazine he helped found because of Joe Biden. He apparently wrote an article on the newest Joe Biden issues and was censored by his own editorial board. Read his reasoning here:

greenwald.substack.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

He's one of many, just seems this guy has the gnads to walk away. Bravo sir.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
Mods, I was unsure where to post this so move where needed if incorrect.

In a nutshell, Glenn Greenwald, whom most would say was the most appreciated journalist during the Bush years in exposing many things that were being done dirty during that admin has resigned from a magazine he helped found because of Joe Biden. He apparently wrote an article on the newest Joe Biden issues and was censored by his own editorial board. Read his reasoning here:

Makes you wonder how many editorial offices across the US had these issues and it was squashed without anybody noticing.
There isn't anything correct about censorship, no matter how its spun. Left or Right
edit on 29-10-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

BAMN didn't used to make sense to me, but I think I'm starting to get it.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

BAMN didn't used to make sense to me, but I think I'm starting to get it.

I liked where he offered to let the dissenting editors write opposing article(s) and let the readers decide. And that was nixed.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I realise that to most here on ATS this is just confirmation of what we already knew about the MSM but it should be a huge wakeup call for all those still trusting them!

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath either.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
If any writer criticizes or questions the Democrat pick in a Liberal media outlet these days they will be censored. That guy should have known that it was going to happen.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex
I realise that to most here on ATS this is just confirmation of what we already knew about the MSM but it should be a huge wakeup call for all those still trusting them!

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath either.

As long as their bias is your bias, all it smooth. And when you can't see more than the tip of your nose, you rarely question what happens when it's not.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This guy has to have dirt on some of the media. Could get interesting ..

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: justsaying111

Yeah, he was a really big deal at the end of the Bush days.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I just started listening to his podcast on The Joe Rogan experience. I’m only about 30 minutes in but I find it fascinating; especially since he just had Alex Jones on the podcast. It’s a good flow of content material.

Glenn Greenwald on JRE
edit on 29-10-2020 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The Intercept’s response

“GLENN GREENWALD’S DECISION to resign from The Intercept stems from a fundamental disagreement over the role of editors in the production of journalism and the nature of censorship. Glenn demands the absolute right to determine what he will publish. He believes that anyone who disagrees with him is corrupt, and anyone who presumes to edit his words is a censor. Thus, the preposterous charge that The Intercept’s editors and reporters, with the lone, noble exception of Glenn Greenwald, have betrayed our mission to engage in fearless investigative journalism because we have been seduced by the lure of a Joe Biden presidency. A brief glance at the stories The Intercept has published on Biden will suffice to refute those claims.

The narrative Glenn presents about his departure is teeming with distortions and inaccuracies — all of them designed to make him appear as a victim, rather than a grown person throwing a tantrum. It would take too long to point them all out here, but we intend to correct the record in time. For now, it is important to make clear that our goal in editing his work was to ensure that it would be accurate and fair. While he accuses us of political bias, it was he who was attempting to recycle the dubious claims of a political campaign — the Trump campaign — and launder them as journalism.

We have the greatest respect for the journalist Glenn Greenwald used to be, and we remain proud of much of the work we did with him over the past six years. It is Glenn who has strayed from his original journalistic roots, not The Intercept.

The defining feature of The Intercept’s work in recent years has been the investigative journalism that came out of painstaking work by our staffers in Washington, D.C., New York, and across the rest of the country. It is the staff of The Intercept that has been carrying out our investigative mission — a mission that has involved a collaborative editing process.

We have no doubt that Glenn will go on to launch a new media venture where he will face no collaboration with editors — such is the era of Substack and Patreon. In that context, it makes good business sense for Glenn to position himself as the last true guardian of investigative journalism and to smear his longtime colleagues and friends as partisan hacks. We get it. But facts are facts, and The Intercept’s record of fearless, rigorous, independent journalism speaks for itself.“

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

That's rich....

I guess we will know soon, considering Greenwald said he will be publishing the story that brought on this resignation shortly...

edit on Thu, 29 Oct 2020 16:17:28 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

It's already up

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
The Intercept’s response

“GLENN GREENWALD’S DECISION to resign from The Intercept stems from a fundamental disagreement over the role of editors in the production of journalism and the nature of censorship. Glenn demands the absolute right to determine what he will publish. He believes that anyone who disagrees with him is corrupt, and anyone who presumes to edit his words is a censor. Thus, the preposterous charge that The Intercept’s editors and reporters, with the lone, noble exception of Glenn Greenwald, have betrayed our mission to engage in fearless investigative journalism because we have been seduced by the lure of a Joe Biden presidency. A brief glance at the stories The Intercept has published on Biden will suffice to refute those claims.

The narrative Glenn presents about his departure is teeming with distortions and inaccuracies — all of them designed to make him appear as a victim, rather than a grown person throwing a tantrum. It would take too long to point them all out here, but we intend to correct the record in time. For now, it is important to make clear that our goal in editing his work was to ensure that it would be accurate and fair. While he accuses us of political bias, it was he who was attempting to recycle the dubious claims of a political campaign — the Trump campaign — and launder them as journalism.

We have the greatest respect for the journalist Glenn Greenwald used to be, and we remain proud of much of the work we did with him over the past six years. It is Glenn who has strayed from his original journalistic roots, not The Intercept.

The defining feature of The Intercept’s work in recent years has been the investigative journalism that came out of painstaking work by our staffers in Washington, D.C., New York, and across the rest of the country. It is the staff of The Intercept that has been carrying out our investigative mission — a mission that has involved a collaborative editing process.

We have no doubt that Glenn will go on to launch a new media venture where he will face no collaboration with editors — such is the era of Substack and Patreon. In that context, it makes good business sense for Glenn to position himself as the last true guardian of investigative journalism and to smear his longtime colleagues and friends as partisan hacks. We get it. But facts are facts, and The Intercept’s record of fearless, rigorous, independent journalism speaks for itself.“

Bottom line did he contractually have control, from the way he talks he did, until this article ..and thats censorship

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Thank you!!!! heading there now..

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Yup, basically.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

The story in its draft form which was last seen by their editors is posted and a great read! I love the response from the intercept as Glenn has promised to post the emails to and from him and the editors in NY for us to read and decide on. Keep an eye on his page for more I guess...

And here are the emails with the editors about this article...man he is fast! I haven't read them yet but will link here.
Hot off the press emails
edit on 29-10-2020 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Everyone needs to read these communications. Everyone. He’s not just some mid grade hack, his Grauniad pieces on Wikileaks were events.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: justsaying111

Yeah, but it sounds as if maybe he has too much character and integrity to use those tactics. Like ND said- he’s got some big balls. Attractive.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join