It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A COVID Curiosity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
One thing I haven't seen discussed yet on ATS is how people with kids are explaining to them 'the new normal.'

Some kids are sharp and will ask why why why.

Depending on their age they're going to notice this mask and plexiglass change and ask questions.

Do they notice? Do they care? Have your kids been vocal about it?

How are you explaining the changes? Are you having a 'new normal' talk with your kids?

I am genuinely curious how COVID is being handled from a parent-to-child standpoint.

All perspectives are welcome, and thanks for sharing

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

My kids are aware of it. I have a 6 and 3 year old. The 6 year old hasn't been in school since March. All schooling is done through Zoom. The 3 year old is in day care. She has to wear a mask all day a the day care facility.

They know it is a virus and that some people get sick and that is why nothing is open.

They are frustrated as they can't go to playgrounds and do a lot of the things we did pre-covid.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

We headed it off at the pass early on about a week or three before the lock downs hit. We explained to him that there was a disease, that it was nothing to be terribly afraid of especially for him, but that other people were going to be terribly afraid of it and because of that, things would likely be changing for a time, maybe a long time.

We told him we couldn't predict what exactly would change or how, but that we might have to all stay home and inside the house. He might not get to play with his friends for a time, for example. We might not get to go places for a time.

It was and is hard for him. He's intensely social. He really missed going to camps all summer like he normally does. He misses going to tae kwon do tournaments. As soon as we could, we sent him back to face to face practice (since June) and face to face school full-time (September), and all the parents in this neighborhood pretty much let the kids play all summer. That all helped.

He really, really wants to see his cousins, and we've been trying to get him together with his nearest age cousin for a couple days at my folks' place, but my sisters' crew keeps getting exposed to the 'Rona (high school senior and BIL works at the state pen). Every time we have to put it off again, he sounds so miserable when he says, "I hate COVID!"

We do everything we can to plan fun alternatives where possible. For Halloween, we're pulling out the air mattress and doing a family slumber party and horror movie marathon with spooky food instead of trick-or-treat (although husband is going to run him up to the pet shop where they are going to try to have a small trunk or treat event for clients). I think he may be upset again when he finds out that the big family Thanksgiving has been cancelled and he won't get to see his cousins ... AGAIN. We always do a family turkey here at home, but we can't counterfeit his cousins.

edit on 29-10-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I live in a progressive award winning town.
The way the schools are inculcating obedience is
by providing a guy with an electric voice amplifier
and barking orders at the kids, who are masked,
to stay on the white line. Now, run in a straight line.
Then they all stop at another white line,
and are instructed to point at their cone at the opposite side
of the box. Covid contagion warning signs limn the play area.

If they are not pointing in a straight line,
this means they did not run in a straight line.

One poor chilld was all over the place.
As he was refusing to run in a straight line,
or stop at another white line, the amped voice
became louder and more shrill.
The kid wound up seemingly deliberately doing the
exact opposite of what he was ordered.
He was about thirty feet out of the box,
and had zigzagged the entire time.

I wish I had brought a camera along.
For one, the animals almost always, in unison, stop
at once and throw their spines down and wallow and roll.
This is because the directed energy weapons, in conjunction with the digital
energy spray meter, upsets them and they want to recharge their
systems. They will not even drink water that has sat near the digital weapon
for more than a few minutes. Water absorbs, holds energy.
The new dogs...they refuse to eat anywhere near it.

I have seen this once save me from a community service arrest
when a white community service vehicle zoomed to a halt when a few of my dogs
approached some girls who were exercising. This was right after I was kidnapped,
stripped, piss tested, blood drawn and a foreskin swipe because you never know, right,
and held for twelve hours
by the city’s (Park Ridge Illinois) police fire and paramedics because
I said that ‘smart meters interact with biology’.

So, the guy in the little white community service vehicle unrolled his window
to which I barked repeatedly ‘FORM A HUMAN SHIELD FORM A HUMAN SHIELD’
and he looked on my dogs, all of them
rolling with their legs to the sky, to which all the boys were bearing emergency erections,
and decided maybe he’d better not, and drove away.

Today however, I wanted to catch the action the school was laying down
on the kids, and I had to settle with memorizing the plates and car of a firefighter
to which I flashed a certain salute.

It just keeps getting better and better.

“LOOK WHERE YOU ARE! YOU DIDN’T RUN IN A STRAIGHT LINE!”.

I could just about cry.

# 1196
edit on 29-10-2020 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Heard some kids complaining about the new rules in school a couple of months ago. They seemed fairly bright about things. They were mostly complaining about how the rules seemed arbitrary and in many cases contradicted each other.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
My kids are. 37, 34 and 22 so they are hip to the rules.

Now my grandbabies.....they just call it the virus and carry on. Which is kinda scary.

Cv19 is nothing more than social engineering on a plantary scale.

Cash and privacy are done for.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I don't have any kids of my own, but I do have to interact with kids and teens on a fairly regular basis and have some younger cousins.

It's pretty common for younger people to be rule benders or flat out break rules. Most of the teens I come across show disdain for these new "rules." They think the rules are dumb, and you're right. They ask why. Why this? Why that?

I think it's awesome how many of them doubt the media and call out all of the contradictions and hypocrisies.

But this is just what I've personally experienced. Most native Tennesseans are still rebels and it's the new out of state residents who are mostly push the fear mongering.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I have 4 kids, ages 14, 11, 9 and 4. The 3 oldest understand well enough, and are frustrated with restrictions (which aren't really that bad, comparatively speaking, to other areas. They don't wear masks in school, and often not when we go to the store- it kinda depends on if mom remembers.

My 4 year old knows that he can't do a lot of things "because of coronavirus' (always said in Cardi B's screech). I have explained to him that corona can make some people really sick, so we have to try to be careful to not spread it. But hw much of that does he really understand? I dunno.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I don't have much to add as my kids are 19 and 20, so technically adults.

However, I raised them to question everything and (not proud to say this) because this event felt so big and contrived from the beginning I kept my mouth shut. First time ever I suppose but I fear more for their safety if they are outspoken than any virus at the moment. They both lost their jobs and one never really got back on track. I'm so glad they made it through high school in the old world with freedom.

They don't seem to question it much and obey the rules because they believe it's serious. I once said they should make sure they keep enough cash and a car with gas to get out of dodge if need be... said they had discussed this with friends but I don't think it went beyond that conversation.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I have the grandkids and my youngest teen at home. The just turned 4 in June grandson is PISSED he cant go to skyzone and there were no carnivals or October harvest kids festival this year. He heard they might cancel Trick or Treating and is quite worried about that. He likes the Spiderman multilayered almost useless face mask though. He knows things are different due to a virus but being so young he simply hasnt had much living to compare post corona to pre corona. My teen is not happy at all about it and keeps up on the news and developments and etc. She isnt hip to the rushed through vaccine idea at all. She saw the trials being ended and those reasons.. and the idea of fiddling with the immune system being dangerous. Being my kid.. she is also horrified that we have to teach adults how to wash their own hands and is completely grossed out by the idea they didnt pre covid. LOL!

Kids arent stupid.. unless their parents keep them purposefully ignorant.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You just tell your kids the truth. The Chinese Virus was an attack on the United States by an evil communist regime.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I told my kids exactly what I have been saying here. A cabal of evil satanic child sacrificing and human trafficking, global warfare for the purpose of market domination sub-human scum who have already been proven time and again to own almost everything in the world, especially the media and the medical institutions through grants and blackmail have initiated a terrorist propaganda campaign to try and end the leadership of the man who finally stood up and has tried to reign alot of them in in an effort to remove him from power so they can back to to the previous model of infinite global warfare and domination and wholesale destruction of entire societies.

That the terrorism is designed to trick everyone to surrender their free will and beg for their slavery through willful ignorance.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
and dont forget to tell them this is definitely how the zombie apocalypse starts...

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
My great-grandparents were alive during the Spanish Flu outbreak. I wish I could ask them how they dealt with that one. Grandpa was 23 in 1918 and would have just gotten out of the Army. Grandma was 13 and hadn't met grandpa yet.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
One thing I haven't seen discussed yet on ATS is how people with kids are explaining to them 'the new normal.'

I just tell mine that the MSM is lying to everyone and creating panic and hysteria, making people do crazy insane things like wear masks, hide behind plexiglass, fear others, and just act insane.

I then tell them it's ok, it will pass - even though I'm not so sure...

new topics

top topics

join