It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP says hackers stole $2.3M from Trump reelection fund

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Oh really? Less than a week leading up to election day? With Biden poised to win that State outright?

Come on.

Hackers stole $2.3 million from the Wisconsin Republican Party's account that was being used to help reelect President Donald Trump in the key battleground state, the party's chairman told The Associated Press on Thursday.

The party noticed the suspicious activity on Oct. 22 and contacted the FBI on Friday, said Republican Party Chairman Andrew Hitt.

Hitt said it appears the attack began as a phishing attempt.

Trump won Wisconsin by fewer than 23,000 votes in 2016 and it remains a key swing state this year.

Source

What better way to end a failing campaign than with scamming your supporters out of money. Great move!

I mean that's almost as unbelievable as Tucker Carlson's baloney "dog ate by Hunter Biden evidence" storyline. Almost.

I mean it's possible they could have been scammed so easily when the people a the top are not savvy enough to even secure their passwords:

President Trump's Twitter accessed by security expert who guessed password 'maga2020'

But still, the story stinks to high heaven, and I wouldn't be surprised that people are making bank from a campaign bleeding money.

+25 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Failing campaign my ass.

Biden is the WORST presidential candidate in US history.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hackers hack into everything, there are scammers all over the place in this country, you hate to answer your phone or click on anything in your e-mail, even if you get it from someone you know.

This probably is not a political problem, it is a hacker problem, a swindle and a weakness in our technological society. We need to step back from this crazy technology boom, your savings can be wiped out in an instant by a hacker or scammer. We have made it too easy for the people who want easy money to steal what we have worked for.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Well Trump does need a way to pay back Deutsche Bank it's 2 billion very soon, maybe he employed the hackers, ya know American jobs for Americans!!!

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Considering you have no background in information security, and how any of this happens, you may not want to speak on the subject. Not only is this plausible, but highly likely given the current state of what is going on right now. The firm I work for typically responds to about 500 incidents on average per year, we're at the end of October and approaching over 900 with two months to go, so over double. That 500 average is also for election years. This year is quite a bit different.

If this was a phishing attack to gain a foothold, I can tell you as someone with 10 years in infosec (and another 10 in general network/server architecture), there are phishes that can be crafted that will catch every single person off guard. These are not Nigerian scam emails, or other weak attempts, these are targeted at an individual and will look 100% authentic.
edit on 10/29/20 by Hypntick because: More content

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Trump is even more amazing than I previously thought. he can steal millions from his account (he needed the $) and get away with it, due to his cunning ability.

If I were an idiot dem, I'd be scared sh!tless of Trump. He's AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
That's it?? Trump has stolen way more than that from taxpayers with his mar-a-lago trips and constant golf outings. But he gave back his tiny salary! He loves America!

Too bad it likely wasn't hackers. Cheaters gonna cheat. And Ivanka and Melania prolly need a little bit of a plastic surgery touch up at this point. Life is hard for them. Check the Swiss bank account... or is that Chinese? You decide. Accounts in every country! Corporate globalism ftw!

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Oh really? Less than a week leading up to election day? With Biden poised to win that State outright?

Come on.

Hackers stole $2.3 million from the Wisconsin Republican Party's account that was being used to help reelect President Donald Trump in the key battleground state, the party's chairman told The Associated Press on Thursday.

The party noticed the suspicious activity on Oct. 22 and contacted the FBI on Friday, said Republican Party Chairman Andrew Hitt.

Hitt said it appears the attack began as a phishing attempt.

Trump won Wisconsin by fewer than 23,000 votes in 2016 and it remains a key swing state this year.

Source

What better way to end a failing campaign than with scamming your supporters out of money. Great move!

I mean that's almost as unbelievable as Tucker Carlson's baloney "dog ate by Hunter Biden evidence" storyline. Almost.

I mean it's possible they could have been scammed so easily when the people a the top are not savvy enough to even secure their passwords:

President Trump's Twitter accessed by security expert who guessed password 'maga2020'

But still, the story stinks to high heaven, and I wouldn't be surprised that people are making bank from a campaign bleeding money.

For someone that's been huffing russian hackers since Trump's election you sure are into some wild conspiracy theories

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

Well Trump does need a way to pay back Deutsche Bank it's 2 billion very soon, maybe he employed the hackers, ya know American jobs for Americans!!!

You might want to look closely at what you will owe, when those who you consistently vote for, have their way.

The DNC is no more. Its been taken over by those who have set their sights on destabilizing and enslaving all of America, and the rest of the world.

Do you want to know exactly how much you personally owe? ( Im not talking about the deficit).

Joe Biden is telling you how much you owe, every time you see his name on a lawn sign. Thats not an E in his name. Have another look. Lets see how smart you are. What is it, and how much do you owe?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
So something illegal happens to a person you hate and you rewrite it to make the person you hate, the offender?

Are you practicing for a job as a MSM journalist?

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Yes, all this stuff happening days before the election is getting ridiculous.

And ONLY from the GOP side.

“Oddly” no nonsense from the DEM side.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
LOL, my Uncle Ngonogondo from Nigeria strikes again.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
That's it?? Trump has stolen way more than that from taxpayers with his mar-a-lago trips and constant golf outings. But he gave back his tiny salary! He loves America!

Too bad it likely wasn't hackers. Cheaters gonna cheat. And Ivanka and Melania prolly need a little bit of a plastic surgery touch up at this point. Life is hard for them. Check the Swiss bank account... or is that Chinese? You decide. Accounts in every country! Corporate globalism ftw!

Do you really beleive any of that?

This kids, is a prime example of one's brain when affected by TDS. Nothing substantive, just allegations on the wrong side of tge absurdity line.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Your desperation is pathetic.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Your desperation is pathetic.

There is desperation for sure.

That would be Trump.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Detail for me how Trump's campaign is a fail.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Yes, all this stuff happening days before the election is getting ridiculous.

And ONLY from the GOP side.

“Oddly” no nonsense from the DEM side.

Are you so used to dem corruption that it looks normal to you now?

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

"dog ate by Hunter Biden evidence" storyline. Almost.

I could see how it went missing. What kind of evidence can eat a dog?

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
"Hackers" is the nickname of Trump's mob accountant.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

"Seven days from now we are going to win this state, and we are going to four more incredible years in the White House," President Trump said at his Tuesday campaign rally in West Salem, Wis.

Only a fool falls for polls again, too bad for the OP, it never learned.

Trump isn’t afraid, why should he? He hasn’t suffered any loss and has only made gains.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join