It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many Students Felt Like They Were Called Racist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   

HADDON TOWNSHIP, N.J. -- Some white students at a South Jersey Catholic school walked out of classes Tuesday in protest over a speech by the New Jersey Secretary of State Regina Thomas.

Tensions have been building up at Paul VI High School since Thomas' speech on racial justice last week.

Many students and faculty members walked out of the speech offended. They said that she lambasted one student for not knowing his black history and that she insinuated that the students were racist.

"It's, like, really crazy right now. Teachers are just standing by the doors. Kids are trying to get out. Kids are in the hallway, they won't go to class," one female student said."

www.nbc10.com...

Here is a fine example of "radical" liberalisim creating "racisim" where there is none. Many in America a growing tired of this "tactic".

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I would like you to read this discussion (Dark Days) then "discover" the board we created just for these topic dumps you and others of all political persuasions do daily.

----> politics.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I would like you to read this discussion (Dark Days) then "discover" the board we created just for these topic dumps you and others of all political persuasions do daily.

----> politics.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
I expected such a reaction...

Yet you fired off three editorialized political pieces in a row anyway "expecting" this reaction? What does that say?

Did you just stop the daily dump because I said something, or because you were out of material for this morning?

Liberal, conservative... whatever. We have a forum for Politics several are apparently allergic to...

Get over it. Use it. The only "PC" to it is Posting Correctly.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

I expected such a reaction...

Yet you fired off three editorialized political pieces in a row anyway "expecting" this reaction? What does that say?

Did you just stop the daily dump because I said something, or because you were out of material for this morning?

Liberal, conservative... whatever. We have a forum for Politics several are apparently allergic to...

Get over it. Use it. The only "PC" to it is Posting Correctly.

Then I will expect not a SINGLE post bashing BUSH or anything with this administration on ATS. Except for this thread what is "political" in the other threads? WHAT?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Your agenda is constantly about liberals are bad because of this and that etc and it is VERY boring and obviously politically based. You should spend your time posting in the politics forum as RANT suggested. If it isn't that its nuke someone, kill someone or Islam is bad because of this and that, it is also VERY boring.

Besides, this thread is in no way an

Other World Events Of Major Importance

A few students get upset, well that really is a world event of major importance isn't it, not.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
Your agenda is constantly about liberals are bad because of this and that etc and it is VERY boring and obviously politically based. You should spend your time posting in the politics forum as RANT suggested. If it isn't that its nuke someone, kill someone or Islam is bad because of this and that, it is also VERY boring.

Besides, this thread is in no way an

Other World Events Of Major Importance

A few students get upset, well that really is a world event of major importance isn't it, not.

It is interesting that YOU only want to discuss things from YOUR persepective. If you find my postings BORIING don't read them.

I believe "The War on Terror" would be about BAD muslims.

ALL postings have a perspective from the person making the thread. The "rules" say make a few comments about the original article. That perspective will always contain the originators personal views on the subject. What make the words political is the readers differing "perspective".

How boring will it become when everyone "agrees"?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I think his point is, all you have to do is *insert topic* and you don't even have to read your posts, we know what you're going to say without reading them.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
So come on then, explain how a few American students getting upset affects the world. How is it an world event of major importance?

It isn't is it.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Thank you RANT! I wish I could give you an applause. When I heard politics was getting it's own forum and that talk was ending on ATS I was very happy, but it was a false hope really as nothing has changed. I don't discuss politics really anymore, I'm sick to death of it as a result of said feelings in the Dark Days thread.

Yet ATS is the same as always, there's still just as much political talk as ever and the PTS forum is a waste of time as far as I'm concerned. I think ALL political talk of any kind should be moved over there if the forum is really going to serve its purpose, with the only political threads on this side being with news submissions.

I think there is a resistance to do this as a result of ATS becoming even more popular through the elections and the members that brought, and you're being careful of alienating them which is fair enough but it's got to stop really...

Yet I'm being a complete hypocrit by going completely off topic with this little rant so what the hell...

[edit on 17-3-2005 by John Nada]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I think his point is, all you have to do is *insert topic* and you don't even have to read your posts, we know what you're going to say without reading them.

Yes, just as I and others always know what you are going to say or Sofi, or ECK, or Kidfinger, or marg, or RANT. It's a perspective. Read some of my science posts, or fragile earth............or on "Prions".........

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Thank you RANT! I wish I could give you an applause. When I heard politics was getting it's own forum and that talk was ending on ATS I was very happy, but it was a false hope really as nothing has changed.

Same here.....I thought that was great and it would free up the board a bit...I'm not too political, I have my views and during times of major voting I'll discus a bit......it seems as though we have a lot of people trying to "push" their views and "make" us read their views by disguising them as other things....RANT put it perfectly...if I wanted to read all the politics I'd go to that forum.....it gets old opening a thread thinking it's one thing when it's the same old BS again....

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
So come on then, explain how a few American students getting upset affects the world. How is it an world event of major importance?

It isn't is it.

It is about rejecting the OLD view of racisim. A single ripple in the worldview of america. A state person tried to go to this school an accuse them of racisim where there was none.

Trying to raise the "flag" of racisim to a generation that is OVER IT. I would think that is world news.............

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Yes, just as I and others always know what you are going to say or Sofi, or ECK, or Kidfinger, or marg, or RANT. It's a perspective. Read some of my science posts, or fragile earth............or on "Prions".........

I'm glad you put me on that list. Why? You're wrong. I'm not a liberal. I have some liberal beliefs concerning certain topics, not so with others. I'm all for millitary spending, not on Bush's insane level. He's bankrupting the country. I'm all for capital punishment, I would even say that it should be expanded to pedophiles.

I think what SkepticOverlord has said is so true. The political posturing has gotten so out of hand that a lot of members here have stopped listening to each other and are just bickering back and forth. Indeed sad.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I think this is just another one of those stupid awareness things that accomplishes nothing and infact makes students do the thing they were trying to get them not to do. I mean come on I dont know any kids that are racist anymore. Well at least in the north anyway. I dont know whats going on in the south. I think that person is just another Martin Luther King wannabe like Al Sharpton.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

top topics

join