It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Average age of people who have died of Covid in the U.S. is over 70

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
So a buddy of mine made the casual observation that he wondered what the average age was of people dying from Covid. It got me thinking, I don't think I've seen that reported anywhere.

I tried to Google it but I gave up after a few minutes. The number has to be pretty high, so it's not the kind of thing that's gonna be widely reported. MSNBC, CNN, etc. aren't gonna wanna report something that makes people think "Damn, I'm not really at much risk." I'm sure it's out there somewhere but I wasn't gonna keep digging for it. So I decided to see what else I could find.

I'm sure most of you have seen this page that has the CDC Covid data. Obviously it's not 100% up to date, but it's relatively current. So I grabbed this chart:

I uploaded the chart because there are multiple charts on that page and they are updated daily, so I wanted you to be able to rework the exact numbers I was working with.

Now, you cannot calculate the average age of the deaths from this. However, you can calculate a lower limit for the average using a very simple method. All you have to do is assume everyone who died in each age group was the lowest age in that group. In other words, let's assume everyone in the 25-34 age group that died was 25. Assume everyone in the 35-44 age group was 35. And so on. By doing this, you can calculate the lowest possible number that the average age of all the deaths could be. Obviously not everyone who died in each age group was the lowest age in that group, so the true average has to be higher than what I'm going to calculate, but it's impossible to be any lower than what we get. So let's see what happens.

*I combined the "Under 1" and "1-4" categories for simplicity.*

41 deaths that were 1 year of age = 41
39 deaths that were 5 = 195
388 deaths that were 15 = 5,820
1,649 deaths that were 25 = 41,225
4,262 deaths that were 35 = 149,170
11,252 deaths that were 45 = 506,340
27,034 that were 55 = 1,486,870
45,951 that were 65 = 2,986,815
56,409 that were 75 = 4,230,675
and 65,303 that were 85 = 5,550,755

So now we add all those up and get 14,957,906 years. We divide that by the total number of deaths on that chart, 212,328.

Our result is: 70.447 years.

I was surprised. I knew it was going to be high, I didn't expect it to be THAT high.

THE AVERAGE AGE OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE DIED OF COVID IN THE UNITED STATES IS OVER 70 YEARS OLD!!

And the real average is likely significantly older than that because obviously the assumption I made to do the calculation is not realistic. However, the average age CANNOT be lower than what I calculated, it can only be higher. The distribution inside each age group likely trends toward the higher end of each group, so that would skew the average up quite a bit I would imagine. Perhaps someone with better math skills than me can do some kind of adjustment on it to get a closer approximation.

But damn, over 70? Now tell me NO ONE in the media has done this work? Or dug into the raw data and calculated the actual average. And you know exactly what happened. Oh, damn, this result isn't gonna help us fearmonger, so we won't report this.

ETA: I ran the numbers using the middle of each age range instead of the bottom, and the average winds up being over 75 years of age. And even that is likely a little low.
edit on 28 10 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
So a buddy of mine made the casual observation that he wondered what the average age was of people dying from Covid. It got me thinking, I don't think I've seen that reported anywhere.

I tried to Google it but I gave up after a few minutes. The number has to be pretty high, so it's not the kind of thing that's gonna be widely reported. MSNBC, CNN, etc. aren't gonna wanna report something that makes people think "Damn, I'm not really at much risk." I'm sure it's out there somewhere but I wasn't gonna keep digging for it. So I decided to see what else I could find.

I'm sure most of you have seen this page that has the CDC Covid data. Obviously it's not 100% up to date, but it's relatively current. So I grabbed this chart:

I uploaded the chart because there are multiple charts on that page and they are updated daily, so I wanted you to be able to rework the exact numbers I was working with.

Now, you cannot calculate the average age of the deaths from this. However, you can calculate a lower limit for the average using a very simple method. All you have to do is assume everyone who died in each age group was the lowest age in that group. In other words, let's assume everyone in the 25-34 age group that died was 25. Assume everyone in the 35-44 age group was 35. And so on. By doing this, you can calculate the lowest possible number that the average age of all the deaths could be. Obviously not everyone who died in each age group was the lowest age in that group, so the true average has to be higher than what I'm going to calculate, but it's impossible to be any lower than what we get. So let's see what happens.

*I combined the "Under 1" and "1-4" categories for simplicity.*

41 deaths that were 1 year of age = 41
39 deaths that were 5 = 195
388 deaths that were 15 = 5,820
1,649 deaths that were 25 = 41,225
4,262 deaths that were 35 = 149,170
11,252 deaths that were 45 = 506,340
27,034 that were 55 = 1,486,870
45,951 that were 65 = 2,986,815
56,409 that were 75 = 4,230,675
and 65,303 that were 85 = 5,550,755

So now we add all those up and get 14,957,906 years. We divide that by the total number of deaths on that chart, 212,328.

Our result is: 70.447 years.

I was surprised. I knew it was going to be high, I didn't expect it to be THAT high.

THE AVERAGE AGE OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE DIED OF COVID IN THE UNITED STATES IS OVER 70 YEARS OLD!!

And the real average is likely significantly older than that because obviously the assumption I made to do the calculation is not realistic. However, the average age CANNOT be lower than what I calculated, it can only be higher. The distribution inside each age group likely trends toward the higher end of each group, so that would skew the average up quite a bit I would imagine. Perhaps someone with better math skills than me can do some kind of adjustment on it to get a closer approximation.

But damn, over 70? Now tell me NO ONE in the media has done this work? Or dug into the raw data and calculated the actual average. And you know exactly what happened. Oh, damn, this result isn't gonna help us fearmonger, so we won't report this.

ETA: I ran the numbers using the middle of each age range instead of the bottom, and the average winds up being over 75 years of age. And even that is likely a little low.

Many of us pointed this out back in March...

Not only is the average age greater than 70; most of all the deaths are people who were already seriously ill.

Here is another stat that will blow your mind. Something like 40% of the deaths are tied to long-term care facilities.

For example, here in IL, we've had about 10,000 deaths. 5000 of the deaths were people in long-term care facilities (nursing homes). Another stat... even BEFORE covid, something like 50% of patients died within 6 months of entering these facilities.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Be careful you ageist. Pointed out in another thread. Though 1% of our population lives in Long term care facilities, 41% of all of the US's COVID deaths were of their residents. 41%..

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

What do you propose that could prevent people from being 70 years old?

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

The CDC has already posted that the amount of people that have died from Covid alone is 6% of the actual death toll.

The other 94% all have comorbidity factors.

And influenza isn't killing anyone right now....

Let's see what the numbers look like for influenza and pneumonia deaths according to the CDC BEFORE the dreaded Covid? (2008-2015)

Linky

Then look at your numbers posted, adjusted for population growth...

It's pretty much exactly the same.

But statistics are BAD and the Covid is the devil!!!!

S&F for the post.

edit on 28-10-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

And what do you propose that would keep people from dying of old age?

edit on 28-10-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Couldn't we just put people to sleep before they have a chance to die?

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
Covid seems to be working as planned.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Couldn't we just put people to sleep before they have a chance to die?

In a Harris/Biden administration, people will need food because there will be no jobs and the government will have to supply something to keep the masses alive to tax them to death.

So we already have a solution.

Soylent Green!!!

link   
Are you suggesting that the people most at risk from Covid are also the people least at risk from the measures being taken to combat covid?

Where do the leaders who enact the measures fall in that spectrum?
edit on 28-10-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

link   
In light of the data above, why are schools closed?

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Great Post < Good Information there Loomsy . To Add to that , Pneumonia Kills More Elderly People Annually than Covid-19 by a Wide Margin . Where's the LOCLDOWN for that CDC , WHO . ? .......Hmm.....

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Apparently covid

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Are you suggesting that the people most at risk from Covid are also the people least at risk from the measures being taken to combat covid?

Where do the leaders who enact the measures fall in that spectrum?

I think you should look at the 5 Democratic leaders who decided to send Covid patients to nursing homes for your answer.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Just shut up, put on a mask, obey, and suffer because your government knows the bestest.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Trump?

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Trump?

That's pathetic, even coming from an anti-American as yourself.

Trump is killing people?

Yet you ignore the states where governors deliberately placed Covid-positive patients in nursing homes.

You sir, disgust me.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I had a feeling a lot of you would have already known this. Sadly, most of the masses don't. My parents watch NBC Nightly News on a daily basis and neither of them had heard this or had any idea the average age of people dying was this high.

link   
a reply to: chr0naut

If you are Proved to be a Frenchmen " chr0naut " , it would Explain A Lot . Elderly People throughout the World Deserve Respect for their Wisdom and their Continued Right to Life ...........

edit on 28-10-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Donald trump.... is there anything he can’t do?....lol

<<   2  3  4 >>

join