It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan's Governor......AGAIN

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
So, it's the week before the election.
Ms Whitmer is going to do whatever she can to lock down Michigan, perhaps before the election.
She is also pouting over a second MI Supreme Court loss.
Gov. Whitmer on possibility of another Michigan shutdown: ‘We’re at a dangerous moment'
Whitmer: ‘We are sounding the alarm bell right now'

“We’re sounding the alarm bells,” Whitmer said. “We want people to know we’re watching these numbers very closely.

“At this point, I don’t think that I can tell you precisely what the next week or the next two weeks look like. It depends on individuals, right now, rising to this challenge. ... If you want your kids to have the prospect of in-person learning, if you want to stay back at work, if you want to keep your business open or make sure that businesses stay open, every one of us has to do our part."

Sorry,Ms Whitmer......I don't see any fewer masks around, nor do I see people mingling close together.
Stop the Fear-Mongering!!!!!!!!!!!!

From October 14th:
Michigan Supreme Court Shuts Gov. Whitmer Down Again

It looks like Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is taking another “L” in the conflict over her onerous COVID-19 restrictions.

Michigan’s Supreme Court has struck another devastating blow to the governor’s agenda which involves enacting excessively restrictive measures in response to the coronavirus pandemic. The court recently ruled against the governor for the second time in one month

As a scary aside, if the election next week goes the wrong way, Michigan residents will no longer have the protection of the Supreme Court:
Decision That 'Undermined' Gov. Whitmer Spices up Court Race

If Elizabeth Welch and Chief Justice Bridget McCormack win, Democratic nominees will be in the court’s majority for the first time since 2010. Whitmer is seizing on it by declaring that her effort to save lives was "undermined" by Republican justices, although most major orders, such as masks and crowd restrictions, were quickly rolled out again under different powers.

So she lies about Trump rallies being CV breeding grounds, and she is lying about confusion among residents due to the Michigan Supreme Court rulings.

edit on Wed Oct 28 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed tag

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
They are doing the same thing in Chicago and Illinois. Shutting everything down again.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I hope those people dont try to immigrate to Ohio. We hate peiple from up there...as one can see why.

+26 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

with the flu all but eradicated, we can all focus 100% of our attention on Covid now.

Sadly, when we had the flu around, we still got sick, but we could still do sh!t, with this new one, you have to hide at home. I almost think we should bring back the flu. Thoughts?

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Interesting that the CDC has cancelled flu tracking.
Makes me wonder how many people have the flu, how many people REALLY have CV, and how many of the positive tests are really positive.

I mean, here we are masked, 6 feet apart.....no one should have the flu?
How are people testing positive for CV?

And, why do the stats say "CASES"???
Aren't they only positive test results???
Two different animals.

And yes, let us make a living.
Let us get out and about.
Let us live!!!!!!
We should not be Germaphobes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on Wed Oct 28 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It's hard to believe some states are still pushing the COVID nothing burger. Also amazing how COVID cured the flu.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I am sounding the alarm bell that this bitch should just start handing out free money to everyone to stay home.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: network dude

Interesting that the CDC has cancelled flu tracking.
Makes me wonder how many people have the flu, how many people REALLY have CV, and how many of the positive tests are really positive.

I mean, here we are masked, 6 feet apart.....no one should have the flu?
How are people testing positive for CV?

And, why do the stats say "CASES"???
Aren't they only positive test results???
Two different animals.

And yes, let us make a living.
Let us get out and about.
Let us live!!!!!!
We should not be Germaphobes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is slick word play to confuse the sheeple...

The average NPC hears "cases" and thinks it means someone is dying in a hospital when in fact it just means someone tested positive. That positive test could be asymptomatic. Person may feel perfectly fine. As we know, the test also does not mean the person is contagious either. It just tests that there was presence of Covid... so person probably got it at some point and immune system kicked in.

Notice how they don't really report deaths anymore.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Most of the Citizens of the state of Michigan no NOT want that.

Michigan citizens want to work, play, eat and enjoy life as much as possible.
We are NOT 5-year-olds!!!!!!!!

And her draconian condescension needs to go away.
She got elected governor.....not nanny.
And don't forget, not everyone in Michigan voted for her.
Geographically, most of the state did NOT vote for her.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Watching the numbers closely ?

I watch how people are acting when I go to the store.

Fine, and out in larger numbers before.

Whitmer is a fraud.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
They are doing the same thing in Chicago and Illinois. Shutting everything down again.

I'm about an hour south of #cago and no one is obeying Pricksters new shutdown order. We're all staying open, it's the only way to survive.

You know what they "the only way to survive the storm is to dance in the rain"
edit on 28-10-2020 by slapjacks because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

with the flu all but eradicated, we can all focus 100% of our attention on Covid now.

Sadly, when we had the flu around, we still got sick, but we could still do sh!t, with this new one, you have to hide at home. I almost think we should bring back the flu. Thoughts?

Speak for yourself. Before covid I was terrified of motorcycles. Now I can ride without fear because Covid is the only killer now.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Michigan is 41st in the number of cases per million population(18,258) LOL Alaska and Wyoming have more cases per million pop than Michigan. They are 12 in deaths per million but wasn't she one of those governors that crammed patients into nursing homes?

According to this article she was..

www.washingtontimes.com...

In Michigan, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer has faced bipartisan criticism over her nursing home orders.

Michigan Rising Action, a conservative pressure group, said of 222 outbreaks in the state, 79 were in long-term care facilities.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Thanks!!!!
And yes, she is one of THOSE governors.

IIRC, 20-25% of deaths were/are in nursing homes.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
She is delusional, trying to build up her ego by promoting fear. The science she is using is not real science, it is twisted out of rationality, it is opinion more than science.

Here is an article about what the CDC says about lockdowns and this has been verified by WHO, they came out with their own little story that says the same thing.

redstate.com...

I wouldn't doubt if Whitmer will lock down things so people cannot vote on the third. A lot of people who are not bowing down to her are going vote in person.

We start Pinnacle again next Thursday....I am the youngest member of the group and I am sixty five. We will not have teams this year to compete, we will just draw cards to identify partners because nobody wants to have people think they have to come to the weekly game.

Here is the attitude of the members of our group...many of them in their late seventies, eighties, and nineties. To spend the last of our time locked in our houses and not be able to see our friends of many years is like being in hell. And the spouses of these guys and women that play, are suffering too, we are driving them crazy when we are stuck at home all the time. My wife and her knitting group have resumed and are now meeting in a much more risky place than the library, they are meeting every week at a local restaurant. Open up the Library so my wife, who is a few years older than me, can go and have a safer place to meet. They were meeting on the porch of a museum, and three out of five of them got colds one day from the damp cold air. So they decided to go to a restaurant. My wife loves being able to go knit with her friends, most of them are in their seventies and eighties too, the ones younger than her are not going, because of their fear that they may catch something and not be allowed to work for a few weeks...they have a good reason, not fearing the disease but the repercussion of the rules that make you stay home and quarantine.

Eighty one percent of people who get covid have some sort of immunity which means they only get a mild case....strangely, many of the old people I know are in the high risk group, being old, over seventy five, and are more afraid of dying and not seeing their friends before they die. They are not afraid of this disease, it is all downhill after a certain age anyway, fearing death is stupid, it is a godsend for many of the really old people who will die. What do people think, sitting in a nursing home all doped up for years before you die is a good thing? I know lots of people who have told the doctors "No More" I will not sign one of those orders " no life saving measures" because I am not stupid, if I get a disease or heart attack, I want them to try within reason to save me. My wife and daughters can make the decision if I cannot, with my wife having all say so till she gets unable to and by that time, I will stress to my daughters my exact wishes...nothing on paper at the hospitals, it is either none or all for them with the advanced directives.

I am not afraid of dying, I am afraid of living with AOC running the green new deal.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I hope those people dont try to immigrate to Ohio. We hate peiple from up there...as one can see why.

Why would we immigrate to Ohio? There's nothing there!
j/k

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I was hoping we would sell the state to Canada or someone. 50 bucks is 50 bucks ya know.

😁😛

a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I've been wondering the same thing.Seems like no flu or any other sickness happens anymore a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

originally posted by: Edumakated

I'm about an other south of #cago and no one is obeying Pricksters new shutdown order. We're all staying open, it's the only way to survive.

You know what they "the only way to survive the storm is to dance in the rain"

That is about all we can do at this point. Just disobey in large numbers.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: RazorV66

Most of the Citizens of the state of Michigan no NOT want that.

Michigan citizens want to work, play, eat and enjoy life as much as possible.
We are NOT 5-year-olds!!!!!!!!

And her draconian condescension needs to go away.
She got elected governor.....not nanny.
And don't forget, not everyone in Michigan voted for her.
Geographically, most of the state did NOT vote for her.

I have been waiting patiently for my second childhood but it never comes. It was a lie created by middle aged people when I was a kid. My cousin did go all over and do crazy things after he retired, traveling in a motorhome all over the country for a while till he ate too much junk food and had to have heart surgery. Now, he is stuck at home because of this covid crap, it took the wind out of his sails so he cannot go from state to state and visit his family or go on cruises every winter..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join