It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Child "Aborted" for having a Cleft Lip

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Doctors and health officials will consider whether more guidance on abortions is needed following the decision of the Crown Prosecution Service not to prosecute two doctors who authorised a late abortion on a foetus with a cleft lip and palate.
Jim England, the chief crown prosecutor for West Mercia, said the doctors believed, in good faith, that there was a substantial risk the child would be seriously handicapped. "In these circumstances, I decided that there was insufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction and that there should be no charges against either of the doctors," he said.

The inquiry began after a legal challenge over a previous decision by police not to charge the doctors involved in the abortion carried out, in 2001, on an unnamed woman from Herefordshire who was more than 24 weeks pregnant.

Joanna Jepson, 28, now at St Michael's Church, Chester, but then a trainee vicar, found out about the procedure in 2002 when studying abortion statistics and suggested that it amounted to unlawful killing. "

www.guardian.co.uk...

How is this different that what Nazi's did to the handicapped in the 30's?

Whats next "kill" my baby because she/he has blue eyes and I wanted brown eyes?

Abortion is murder, this is a great example of why its murder..............




posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Wow, this is shocking and disgusting. A cleft palate is totally correctable with surgery, there's absolutely no reason why anyone would want to abort a fetus because of this slight abnormality.



posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
why does this shock anyone? people abort fetuses without abnormalities. . Once again the true face of the chimpanzee is revealed.



posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Only a barbarian would support abortion.

Roper



posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This just reflects the growing eugenic trends in the world. This type of eugenics has been slowly 'backdooring' its way into mainstream belief and acceptance for a long time now. I personally think it's horrible.

The absolute value of any human life CANNOT be determined via its perceived genetic strengths and/or weaknesses. For those of you who disagree, I've got one name for you: Stephen Hawking.



posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattison0922
This just reflects the growing eugenic trends in the world. This type of eugenics has been slowly 'backdooring' its way into mainstream belief and acceptance for a long time now. I personally think it's horrible.

The absolute value of any human life CANNOT be determined via its perceived genetic strengths and/or weaknesses. For those of you who disagree, I've got one name for you: Stephen Hawking.


excellent point about Hawking................



posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Abortion is murder, this is a great example of why its murder..............



I read about this in the Metro on the way to work this morning.... How awful...

I have a 3 month old little girl and I love her to bits but even if she had a clef lip or had downs syndrome or anything I would still love her the same...

How can someone kill a life just because of something so cosmetic as a clef lip...

Horrid just Horrid.... Humans are so Cruel.

NeoN HaZe...



posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Heres some images for all you f##ks that support abortion - I tell you all, any abortion docter that has the misfortune to cross my path will regret it for the last few moments of their life.










Stop editing moderator remarks!


Mod Edit: to remove inappropriate images. Please consider the following…


Terms And Conditions Of Use

4.) You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. Images of or links to gratuitous gore and/or mutilation are strictly forbidden. This applies to material posted to collaborative fiction and member short story forums. You will also not select usernames that contain profanity.

www.abovetopsecret.com...


[edit on 17-3-2005 by kinglizard]



posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I don't support abortion but that was just wrong! I am now in fear of lossing my coffee before work. I go in at 12:30.....that was uncalled for!



posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I don't support abortion but that was just wrong! I am now in fear of lossing my coffee before work. I go in at 12:30.....that was uncalled for!


I can't agree more.... Awful!! Can someone take those pics down... it's just awfulll!!!!!



posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokinjoe
Heres some images for all you f##ks that support abortion - I tell you all, any abortion docter that has the misfortune to cross my path will regret it for the last few moments of their life.










Stop editing moderator remarks!

Sorry lizard I must have edited just as you did - mind you temper whilst your at, eh?



posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Ok I don't think this is in violation of the terms and conditions:

www.google.com.br...

The first link has some examples demonstrating the fact that abortion doctors are murdering scum and should be exterminated.

-Smokin MAD



posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokinjoe
Ok I don't think this is in violation of the terms and conditions:

*Mod edit to remove link*

The first link has some examples demonstrating the fact that abortion doctors are murdering scum and should be exterminated.

-Smokin MAD


thanks for your data...............I find it interesting that those who support this murder can't stand to see the results........

[edit on 17-3-2005 by kinglizard]



posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
smokinjoe....you'll never get your point across by speaking like that...it only enforces what most people already feel about those against abortion.....don't you see that? You are being your own worst enemy.



posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
smokinjoe....you'll never get your point across by speaking like that...it only enforces what most people already feel about those against abortion.....don't you see that? You are being your own worst enemy.


I think of it in numbers - how many babies doe an abortion doctor kill in their professional life timetime? Lets say they murder 1 per month, thats twelve per year, thats 240 in 20 years.

I wouldn't cry, thats one dead scumbag and 240 babies alive - even if it saves one it is worth it for me. And, no I probably wouldn't have the guts to kill, but the thought would be in my head if I was face to face with the murdering scum - maybe I would just rough him/her up a bit...



posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Originally posted by smokinjoe
Ok I don't think this is in violation of the terms and conditions:

*Mod edit to remove link*

The first link has some examples demonstrating the fact that abortion doctors are murdering scum and should be exterminated.

-Smokin MAD


thanks for your data...............I find it interesting that those who support this murder can't stand to see the results........

[edit on 17-3-2005 by kinglizard]


How the hell do you know he supports abortion? That is the most inflamitory post I think I've seen in quite some time.

[edit on 17-3-2005 by intrepid]



posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
How is this different that what Nazi's did to the handicapped in the 30's?

The fact we gave the mother the choice, and didnt just take away her choice, or are you for the government makeing you decisions for you?


Whats next "kill" my baby because she/he has blue eyes and I wanted brown eyes?

No...unless you are viewing doctors as murders?


Abortion is murder, this is a great example of why its murder..............

And yet we have no problem doing this?
images.google.co.uk...:WWnPrqRzzt4J:free.freespeech.org/americanstateterrorism/palestine/plstngraphics/Helmi.jpg
Wow arent we a humane race....



posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This is so terrible. All abortion is wrong. But for this mundane reason. I cant hold down my lunch



posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
The fact we gave the mother the choice, and didnt just take away her choice, or are you for the government makeing you decisions for you?

While DrH's views on abortion are certainly no secret here on ATS, I don't think the flavor of this thread was directed at abortion per se. The 'nazi' comment refers to the reprehensible practice of 'negative eugenics,' or attempting to eliminate 'undesirable genes' from collective gene pool via things like selective abortion, sterilization, prenatal embryonic genetic diagnosis and selective implantation, etc. The mother chose to abort her baby because of completely reparable cosmetic defect; this is what people find so reprehensible, and is likely the source of DrH's 'nazi' comment.


Whats next "kill" my baby because she/he has blue eyes and I wanted brown eyes?


No...unless you are viewing doctors as murders?

Not sure what your beef here is, but the analogy is solid. The abortion occured because a specific defect that the mother considered undesirable. Sex selective abortion is common in many countries, china and India for example. It's not as common here because people use selective implantation of embryos to accomplish the same purpose. Sadly though these types of practices are only like to continue and become broader in scope. And while I don't personally envision a world where fetuses are aborted for their eye color, a world where alleles for particular traits are engineered into genomes selectively is not necessarily far off.


And yet we have no problem doing this?
images.google.co.uk...:WWnPrqRzzt4J:free.freespeech.org/americanstateterrorism/palestine/plstngraphics/Helmi.jpg
Wow arent we a humane race....

I don't think that anyone would deny the heinous nature of the pic you've posted. How is this pic adding to the discussion? Did DrH somehow justify the killing of this child while condemning abortion? Not that I could see. Your sensationalistic picture only serves to polarize this discussion into a 'pro-choice' vs 'pro-life' debate. There are enough threads about this already at ATS; why don't you go join one of them?



posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattison0922
While DrH's views on abortion are certainly no secret here on ATS, I don't think the flavor of this thread was directed at abortion per se. The 'nazi' comment refers to the reprehensible practice of 'negative eugenics,' or attempting to eliminate 'undesirable genes' from collective gene pool via things like selective abortion, sterilization, prenatal embryonic genetic diagnosis and selective implantation, etc. The mother chose to abort her baby because of completely reparable cosmetic defect; this is what people find so reprehensible, and is likely the source of DrH's 'nazi' comment.

If it was reparable, then why did 2 doctors agree it was a serios defect?
And the mother agreed as well.



Not sure what your beef here is, but the analogy is solid. The abortion occured because a specific defect that the mother considered undesirable. Sex selective abortion is common in many countries, china and India for example. It's not as common here because people use selective implantation of embryos to accomplish the same purpose. Sadly though these types of practices are only like to continue and become broader in scope. And while I don't personally envision a world where fetuses are aborted for their eye color, a world where alleles for particular traits are engineered into genomes selectively is not necessarily far off.

The operation occured because it was a serios defect, nothing "cosmetic" would have sorted it.
It is not possible since there are people like you and me who wouldnt want it , that is if you agree with what I said...



I don't think that anyone would deny the heinous nature of the pic you've posted. How is this pic adding to the discussion? Did DrH somehow justify the killing of this child while condemning abortion? Not that I could see. Your sensationalistic picture only serves to polarize this discussion into a 'pro-choice' vs 'pro-life' debate. There are enough threads about this already at ATS; why don't you go join one of them?

No in other threads he has made his statements on killing quite clear.
Its adding because people justify war as fine, yet get up in arms about one child being aborted.
That child was napalmed.
He has done so many times.
There is very few "pro- choice vs pro-life" threads atleast the ones I've seen since most seem to be started by our gd Dr.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join