It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Member of D.C. Mayor's Cabinet Found Slain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Wanda Alston, the mayor's liason for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender affairs, was found murdered in her home this morning. She was found face down in a pool of blood, the victim of an apparent homicide. Police are not discussing any possible motive, but they are searching for a vehicle in connection with the homicide. The vehicle, a grey Nissan Sentra, belonged to Alston, and was apparently taken after she was killed.

www.nbc4.com
A high-ranking member of DC Mayor Tony Williams' cabinet has been killed in her Northeast Washington home.

DC police have identified high ranking cabinet official Wanda Alston as the victim of an apparent homicide at Alston's home, located in the 3800 hundred block of East Capitol Street. Alston was the mayor's liaison for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender affairs.

DC Police Chief Charles Ramsey personally responded to the scene, as well as several high-ranking city officials, including City Administrator Robert Bobb and school board President Peggy Cooper Cafritz.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The thing that strikes me as odd, is the list of responders to the scene. It reads like a charity benefit, not a crime scene investigation. The Chief of Police responded, along with a school board president? That is odd, to say the least. Whether that was out of loyalty, or friendship with the victim, one can only speculate.

Police remain tight-lipped about the motive, the details, and the events leading up to the murder. Alston was a powerful woman in D.C., and she had the mayor's ear. It's a tragedy, and I hope the perpetrator(s) are brought swiftly to justice.

[edit on 17-3-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'm wondering if she was gay--the article didn't say. I'd like to know ifit was a hate crime or other other political intrigue, or random. I guess as more info comes out we'll get a bigger picture.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I think she was gay, because the article says she was found by a woman who was 'her roommate.' I don't know about that, usually grown professonials don't have roommates. They have lovers though, but it seems crass to some reporters so they use terms like friend, roommate, companion (even that one borderlines).

I don't know if it was a hate crime, or a political falling out, or simply a robbery. DC is a tough town. I think the evidence will probably surface..eventually. Sometimes it takes years in cases like this.

new topics

join