It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Mythology: the Presidency of Donald Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

An Intercepted audio documentary series offers a comprehensive analytical history of the Trump presidency. Featuring in-depth examination of Trump’s extreme agenda, the roots of U.S. history, and the policies of Trump’s predecessors, the series seeks to analyze the question: Is Trump the worst president in U.S. history?

AMERICAN MYTHOLOGY: THE PRESIDENCY OF DONALD TRUMP

I'd suggest you start with part one :

DONALD TRUMP IS often portrayed as an aberration of U.S. history, an outsider who seized power and is intent on destroying democracy as we know it. In the premiere episode of “American Mythology,” we examine the ways that Trump has proven to be a particularly dangerous autocrat who doesn’t believe in any semblance of a democratic process. But that story cannot be told without also exploring how various U.S. systems and the policies of Trump’s predecessors carved the way for many of his most dangerous actions. Featuring interviews with lawmakers, journalists, activists and dissidents, world renowned historians, and constitutional scholars and lawyers on the front lines of scores of battles against the Trump administration, this episode offers an overview of how the Republican Party has embraced Trump as a Trojan horse to ram through its most extreme — and long-standing — policy agendas. It also probes the role of Democratic Party leaders in facilitating some of Trump and the GOP’s most dangerous policies and lays out the stakes of the 2020 presidential election, which Trump is already calling illegitimate.

PART ONE: MANUFACTURING THE CARNAGE

There's not much for me to add, I think this is a really good analysis with an abundance of references to track down. Throwing this in the mud for some plain responses and lots of swearing, but if you want this moved or need a longer introduction to pipe up on the Brave New Mythology Jeremy unwrapped: why bother? Go back to knitting or something?

Thanks for dropping by and have a great time!

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Featuring interviews with lawmakers, journalists, activists and dissidents, world renowned historians, and constitutional scholars and lawyerson the front lines of scores of battles against the Trump administration, this episode offers an overview of how the Republican Party has embraced Trump as a Trojan horse to ram through its most extreme — and long-standing — policy agendas. It also probes the role of Democratic Party leaders in facilitating some of Trump and the GOP’s most dangerous policies and lays out the stakes of the 2020 presidential election, which Trump is already calling illegitimate.

theintercept.com...

I suggest people not.

Straight up PROPAGANDA.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I believe your avatar is the worst in internet history, but it matches perfectly your ideologies.
Every time I am exposed to it I hear Lennon’s ‘Cold Turkey’.

# 1192

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
My initial observation is that this thread belongs in the Hoax or Conspiracy forum. It's nothing more than a "let's see how badly we can smear Trump today" stroke-fest.

Or it could be in the Jokes forum too, it qualifies as that as well. I'm not really sure why you bothered posting it because it is all a repeat of things we've discussed ad nauseum here already.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Only in bizzaro world would Trumps agenda be "extreme", and Adding 6 seats to the supreme court (just to get your way), adding states to the union, (just to get your way) and tossing the constitution in the garbage to "fundamentally transform the country), is in fact completely normal and not crazy at all.

The left has gone full retard.

Normal Democrats, jump ship before you go down with it.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Another Democratic hit piece.

WTF, give it a break. The reason Donald J Trump is President and will be re-elected, is because the DNC keep dragging out the same brain dead criminals over and over.

link   

An Intercepted audio documentary series offers a comprehensive analytical history of the Trump presidency. Featuring in-depth examination of Trump’s extreme agenda, the roots of U.S. history, and the policies of Trump’s predecessors, the series seeks to analyze the question: Is Trump the worst president in U.S. history?

theintercept.com...

After the last four years.

Having watched events unfold live with my own two eyes.

Those people are FULL OF SNIIP.
edit on 27-10-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Can't wait to listen! Scahill is a legitimate investigative journalist in an age where it's discouraged big time by publications. I'm glad he has his own place to publish.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Do Merkel - at least you'd be starting with someone you are possibly familiar with.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

DONALD TRUMP IS often portrayed as an aberration of U.S. history, an outsider who seized power and is intent on destroying democracy as we know it. In the premiere episode of “American Mythology,” we examine the ways that Trump has proven to be a particularly dangerous autocrat who doesn’t believe in any semblance of a democratic process.

We don't have a democracy. We aren't supposed to have a democracy. Our Founding Fathers gave us a Republic. For good reasons. Democracies always devolve to mob rule. Republics guarantee and protect individual rights. The smallest minority.

Consequently, any documentary analyzing the situation in the context of a democracy is just not relevant.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

We don't have a democracy.

That was clear from all the 'protesting' before he became president, and since.

Illegally spied on him. Set up Flynn and company.

Framed him for something to do with Ukraine and were suppose to take their feelz for it.

'Black' people are only suppose to vote for Democrats. For some odd reason they aren't allowed to make up their minds.

And now with the SCOTUS Trump haters now see fit to ignore the rules or flat out change them to get their little way again.

But Trumps 'extreme' yo.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Pure delusional Leftist rubbish.
Try harder next time.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Can't wait to listen! Scahill is a legitimate investigative journalist in an age where it's discouraged big time by publications. I'm glad he has his own place to publish.

Looking forward to read your thoughts after listening in case you'd like to share. Have a blast!

a reply to: Boadicea

No. I don't think you even have a point there.

Is America an Oligarchy?

edit on 27-10-2020 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Any historian with half a brain knows it takes years after one has left office to offer true judgement.

I mean FDR'S new deal was shown NOT to have gotten America.out.of tje depression. It was ww2.

And did this dude analyze Obamas ramming through of the ACA? You know...the read it after we pass it stealth tax bs?

Jesus, so sick of listening to anti trump bs 24/7.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Thanks for dropping by and have a great time!

You're welcome, thank you.
Bookmarked for further perusal.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Looking through his Wikipedia page:

- raised by “social activists” parents
- born in Chicago, lives in Brooklyn
- worked as a producer for Michael Moore
- anti oil industry
- described as a progressive journalist

I’m all for open minds and non-biased journalism but this guy ain’t it.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

But that story cannot be told without also exploring how various U.S. systems and the policies of Trump’s predecessors carved the way for many of his most dangerous actions.

I've often said the consolidation of power away from the Legislative and into the Executive under what is now known as the Unitary Executive is the most dangerous thing we have done in the United States. The President has far too much power and it needs to be redelegated to the Congress.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

What a considerate bummer of a response for a mason!

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
What a considerate bummer of a response for a mason!

Sorry. Maybe start the weekend early and get drunk now.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

No. I don't think you even have a point there.

Is that the majority talking? Tee hee hee...

Okay. But interesting response. Which point exactly? The point that we have a republic and not a democracy? The very pointed difference between a democracy and a republic? The point of how analyzing one form of government falsely as another form of government is faulty and therefore inaccurate and irrelevant?

I'm pretty sure you do see the point... it is what it is. Perhaps it's not so much that you do not think I have any points there, but simply I pointed out facts that you do not want to consider.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join