It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Supreme Court Says All Wisconsin Mailed-in Ballots Must be Received by 8pm on Election Day.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Not really. The US Supreme Court is holding each State to it's own laws. I don't like the Pennsylvania ruling but there is precedent for it in State law.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: butcherguy
If a state decided to make a law that mail in ballots for this election would be counted if they are received by April 1st of 2021, we would need to hold off on the inauguration of POTUS until then?

No, it would conflict with the Electoral process as delineated in the Constitution.

Reading through Justice Gorsuch's concurrence with the Supreme Court decision he makes it clear that States do not have the sole power to define election laws in their state.

Art. I, §4, cl. 1. And the Constitution provides a second layer of protection too.
If state rules need revision, Congress is free to alter them.
Ibid. (“The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections
for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in
each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may
at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations . . . ”).

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I already addressed this, the Wisconsin situation was via fiat, not law. Gorsuch states:

I write separately to note that this case presents different issues than the applications this Court recently denied in Scarnati v. Boockvar, ante, at ___, and Republican Party of Pennsylvania v. Boockvar, ante, at ___. While the Pennsylvania applications implicated the authority of state courts to apply their own constitutions to election regulations, this case involves federal intrusion on state lawmaking processes.

The 'Federal intrusion' is a district judge.

Additionally:

In September, a Wisconsin federal judge ruled that voters should have the extra time to return their ballots amid the pandemic, finding that the state had violated the Constitution by requiring absentee ballots be returned no later than Election Day.

The State's laws were Constitutional, it is their purview, the Federal Judge acted inappropriately.

edit on 27-10-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Thank-you! I was drawing from memory on Pennsylvania. The media is buzzing about the Wisconsin decision, even today.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I am going to be old fashioned and vote in person ON election day.
I thought the whole point of mail in ballots were to help people avoid going to the polls. They don't have to even bother to get to the polls and now it is too much bother for them to mail them to get there on time when they have had weeks... even months to get their ballots and mail them???

Can I go to the polling place and vote after 8 pm on the day of the election? NO!
This year is pissing me off.

Me too. Hey, it is a way of getting out of the house and talking to other locals in line. A social gathering. It sucks that the township does not have cookies and coffee anymore for the election because of covid. Will have to bring my own coffee I guess.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: carewemust

They should have to be received a full two weeks before Election Day.

The Ballots have to be postmarked no later than November 3rd and received at the (?Some place?) no later than November 3rd at 8pm. If a mail delivery truck is late, that's not good.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Ohanka
The Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruled that the ballots in Pennsylvania could be received and counted up to 5 days after the election, so long as they were postmarked on November 3rd (election day), or earlier.

I bet if a Republican in PA wanted to, he/she could have the U.S. Supreme Court overrule the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, in a heartbeat. And any other state for that matter. Presumably, what the U.S. Supreme Court rules, is supposed to be the "law of the land".

But that's just speculation, because I'm not an attorney.

I believe Trump said they will be appealing that ruling to a higher court.

Is Amy Coney-Barrett seated and ready to hear the Pennsylvania case?

President Trump did THREE rallies in that state yesterday, and moved his Ohio campaign director over to Pennnsylvania.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Being allowed to count ballots that don't have a postmark, opens the door for lots of cheating.

Pennsylvania election officials have asked the state Supreme Court to allow them to count ballots without a postmark as long as they're received within three days of Election Day.

Virginia has adopted a similar rule,

and Nevada recently passed a election law that allows for the same thing.
www.npr.org...

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Being allowed to count ballots that don't have a postmark, opens the door for lots of cheating.

Pennsylvania election officials have asked the state Supreme Court to allow them to count ballots without a postmark as long as they're received within three days of Election Day.

www.npr.org...

this is absolutely ludicrious. That essentially allows them to just "deliver votes" since no post mark is needed... I can see it now. Trump wins on election night. All of a sudden, two days later a mysterious 18 wheeler pulls up with just enough votes to give the Democrats the win (none of the votes post marked). It will be attributed to some "clerical error" and teh truck never made it on time...

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

www.npr.org...

this is absolutely ludicrious. That essentially allows them to just "deliver votes" since no post mark is needed... I can see it now. Trump wins on election night. All of a sudden, two days later a mysterious 18 wheeler pulls up with just enough votes to give the Democrats the win (none of the votes post marked). It will be attributed to some "clerical error" and teh truck never made it on time...

That's undoubtedly part of their plan, because the states that allow "no postmark" are predicted to be very close.

If Trump wins on Election night, then loses a few days later, due to mailed-in ballots, America will erupt into anarchy that makes the BLM/ANTIFA violence look trivial by comparison.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

www.npr.org...

That's undoubtedly part of their plan, because the states that allow "no postmark" are predicted to be very close.

If Trump wins on Election night, then loses a few days later, due to mailed-in ballots, America will erupt into anarchy that makes the BLM/ANTIFA violence look trivial by comparison.

Yup, pretty obvious to anyone paying attention.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruled that the ballots in Pennsylvania could be received and counted up to 5 days after the election, so long as they were postmarked on November 3rd (election day), or earlier.

I bet if a Republican in PA wanted to, he/she could have the U.S. Supreme Court overrule the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, in a heartbeat. And any other state for that matter. Presumably, what the U.S. Supreme Court rules, is supposed to be the "law of the land".

I believe Trump said they will be appealing that ruling to a higher court.

Is Amy Coney-Barrett seated and ready to hear the Pennsylvania case?

President Trump did THREE rallies in that state yesterday, and moved his Ohio campaign director over to Pennnsylvania.

I'm a Pennsylvania resident and I'm very worried about fraud here. I live in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area, the 3rd-largest metro area after Philly and Pittsburgh. This area is notorious for corruption when it comes to our local politicians, school boards, you name it. I have zero confidence in our local election officials. And I know Philly has a long history of corruption as well. I don't know too much about Pittsburgh.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

www.npr.org...

There is absolutely no reason why anyone would want this except for fraud.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

www.npr.org...

There is absolutely no reason why anyone would want this except for fraud.

Correct - and they will have 3 says to prepare fraudulent votes KNOWING how many they need.
Not only is there no requirement for a postmark, but also no requirement to validate signatures.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

www.npr.org...

EXACTLY - the outrageous changes to mail-in ballot rules are happening in the closely run states.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Great news!

It's Election Day, not Election Days or Election Week.

Hopefully PA follows suit.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Curious how that works out in WI. I live in CA, but everything on my name is registered in WI (with land).

Also, thank you Care for the pretty decently event threads you always make!
edit on 27-10-2020 by haaat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
So after Months of claiming the demarcates are planning to OVER through Legal government It is acutely the RIGHT Or YOU who plan on doing that ?

So If Biden wins You guys woill riot loot and burn citys down is that the plan because I though it was the evil commie dems that wanted to do that ?

BUT NO matter Both extrem left and You extrem right go ahead be fools try doing a coup Or riots of what ever you want because the national guard will stop it in mints .

THERE WILL be No over through if the Government NOT BY THE LEFT NOT BY You .

ONLy fools think they can go up against US military and come out on top .

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Honestly I wish WE could just put BOTH groups On a island give you all the weapons you want then let you all make the world a quitter place .

Dont you people EVER get Tired of advocating violence . Even the left knows when to stop .

The way You guys talk IS the Biggest reason to vote TRUMP out
BLM IS NOT tring to over through anything
edit on 28-10-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

We wish we could believe you....actually, no we don’t.
You don’t even believe you.

<< 1    3 >>

join