It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water Found in Sunlight and Shadow Parts of the Moon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Not to be pessimistic but somehow I feel all this space exploration will be restricted somehow eventually. The ET don't want you running around running amok.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Its exciting for people who do not believe, or are not sure there is life or possibility of life on other planets.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Lunar Springs,

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I'd like to pick up about 40 acres of moon land...I wonder who I see to get the ball rolling on THAT...

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   
so the moon being a vacuum and them doing the experiment with the hammer and feather was all bs lol like the rocks they brought back that could only be from the moon as they were so dry and waterless lol its all bs

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: dragonridr

Cant wait for the bottled moon water. We need to think of a name and get the ball rolling.

We could call it "Lost in Space" water.

Moon water has been used in Wicca rituals for many years.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Didn't we send a missile, rocket or whatever a few years back to see what composites got ejected from the blast? Or am I having a ME effect going on?

I thought we've known for a while theres been some form of water on the moon. Or maybe it was hydrogen or H3 that was found... I may have to go look that up.

Edit: Was 2009, satellite guided a rocket into the Caebus crater or something.
edit on 10/27/2020 by Nivhk because: Added

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The Centaur barreled into Cabeus Crater, near the lunar south pole, early in the morning of Oct. 9, 2009, blasting large amounts of debris high above the moon's surface. The LCROSS spacecraft flew through this ejecta plume, studying its composition in detail. LCROSS relayed its measurements back to the mission team and then hit Cabeus as well, 6 minutes after the Centaur did.

The results of this suicide mission were exciting for anyone who wants humanity to explore and settle the moon. LCROSS found that Cabeus' floor is 5.6% water ice by mass (plus or minus 2.9%). That's about twice as wet as Sahara Desert soil, mission team members have said.
so they found water yonks ago, # off nasa

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk

We've known for some time that water is on the moon, the difference here is the location of this source. Previous research confirmed it was where we expected to find it, the new data shows it's in places we didn't expect it. The media are, however, massively overstating how much there is and how useful it will be.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Being this is ATS the possibility is it is all subterfuge and they are ramping up to visit the moon for other reasons. They needed a good basic cover story. Lest we forget the are thousands if not hundreds of od thousands of reasons for us not going back since the mid-'70s, pretty sure the continual bombardment from cosmic radiation is in the top 10.

According to the article, long-term habitats would have to be covered by the lunar surface or tunneled out of the surface. A lot of this is beyond our capabilities right now.

www.aninews.in...

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Soooo how long before humans use it all up?

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
Didn't we send a missile, rocket or whatever a few years back to see what composites got ejected from the blast? Or am I having a ME effect going on?

I thought we've known for a while theres been some form of water on the moon. Or maybe it was hydrogen or H3 that was found... I may have to go look that up.

Edit: Was 2009, satellite guided a rocket into the Caebus crater or something.

I could have sworn that I read they blew a nuke up on the moon to see what would happen.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dan121212
so the moon being a vacuum and them doing the experiment with the hammer and feather was all bs lol like the rocks they brought back that could only be from the moon as they were so dry and waterless lol its all bs

They found water in the samples they brought back from the moon too, you being ignorant to that fact doesn't change anything www.nationalgeographic.com...#:~:text=The%20water%20levels%20detected%20in,the%20moon%20was%20absolut ely%20arid.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
"That team, however, hadn't been able to prove the water hadn't been introduced to the moon rocks on Earth, perhaps through sloppy handling."

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

It's certainly exciting but i have to wonder how useful it actually is? Surely any water would be heavily irradiated up there?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join