It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BepiColombo Flyby Video of Venus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
As part of its journey to Mercury BepiColombo took a gravity assist from Venus on October 15th , this is the video Bepi shot of its flyby.
Looks like a another cloudy day on Venus.

The images have been lightly processed to enhance the brightness and contrast. The illuminated disk of Venus is so bright that it is saturated in these images, even using the shortest possible camera exposure time. At the planet’s terminator, some very faint structures are visible, but these appear to be due to ghosting in the camera optics rather than features in the atmosphere of Venus. There is also some horizontal striping in the images due to effects in the electronics.

The gravity assist maneuver was the first at Venus and the second of nine flybys overall, which help steer the spacecraft on course for Mercury. During its seven-year cruise to the smallest and innermost planet of the Solar System, BepiColombo makes one flyby at Earth, two at Venus and six at Mercury to brake against the gravitational pull of the Sun in order to enter orbit around Mercury.

sci.esa.int...

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Look at that perfectly flat disk with the sunlight only lighting the side facing the sun.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
Look at that perfectly flat disk with the sunlight only lighting the side facing the sun.

Yes, this is how we know that the Earth is flat. When we send up probes to 'orbit' the 'flat space cookies' of other planets and take 'photo's and they are al featurelessly flat, without any shading like you might get from a spherical object.

In fact, the probes themselves probably crashed into the firmament.

So it is all faked.

I also wonder how high the wall is around the perimeter of the Earth, that stops the atmosphere and oceans from spilling over the sides?

LOL

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Obviously the flying spaghetti monster uses it's magic to warp space-time so that the atmosphere and water fold back into itself. That's what causes wind and waves.

Venus doesn't even have it's own sun, so obviously Venus is fake too.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I know right???

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Obviously the flying spaghetti monster uses it's magic to warp space-time so that the atmosphere and water fold back into itself. That's what causes wind and waves.

Venus is stealing our Sun!

Just because she has her breasts out, standing on that shell, she'll probably be let off... and the cupid's spitting, what's with that?

edit on 26/10/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Just because she has her breasts out, standing on that shell, she'll probably be let off... and the cupid's spitting, what's with that?

She “has her breasts out?” You must be very experienced.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
As part of its journey to Mercury BepiColombo took a gravity assist from Venus on October 15th , this is the video Bepi shot of its flyby.
Looks like a another cloudy day on Venus.

The images have been lightly processed to enhance the brightness and contrast. The illuminated disk of Venus is so bright that it is saturated in these images, even using the shortest possible camera exposure time. At the planet’s terminator, some very faint structures are visible, but these appear to be due to ghosting in the camera optics rather than features in the atmosphere of Venus. There is also some horizontal striping in the images due to effects in the electronics.

The gravity assist maneuver was the first at Venus and the second of nine flybys overall, which help steer the spacecraft on course for Mercury. During its seven-year cruise to the smallest and innermost planet of the Solar System, BepiColombo makes one flyby at Earth, two at Venus and six at Mercury to brake against the gravitational pull of the Sun in order to enter orbit around Mercury.

sci.esa.int...

I LOVE SPACE EXPLORATION!!!

That said, man that was boring...

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: chr0naut

She “has her breasts out?” You must be very experienced.

Truly a "renaissance man" (at least I feel that old).

(but you should realize, us guys really have no defense against a pretty young thing all nekkid like that).

edit on 26/10/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Oh, everyone knows Cupid be spittin mad game. He's the OG playa man.

He's probably all like Daayyyyum V lemme just drop this chick on my side off. That's my side chick ya dig. Lemme hop up on that half shell with ya and I'll show you how strong my shaft is - on my arrow that is. Know what I'm sayin?

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Don't give Chr0naut too hard of a time. He's just timid when it comes to tha ladies. He wouldn't be caught dead saying tits.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Speaking of which. That is a cool video. I always love seeing flybys of other planets.

Makes me think what if some of those "close encounters" we've had that could have been from other intelligent life. Every once in a while they fling one by and say Nope! The humans are still crazy."

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I though Mercury was just the core left after the Sun had ripped the rest of the planet away. I could be wrong,

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Your grasp of the concept of flatness (or maybe disks?) seems to be lacking.

edit on 10/27/2020 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Kinda amusing how bad the quality is. I know that they not necessary need 4K color videos with 60fps but they're a public entity and some tax payers would like to see something better than a white blob.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

This was taken with the probe's engineering camera, not their main camera. It was the one pointing at Venus on the way past so this was an "ah why not" set of images.

new topics

top topics

join