It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Buyer’s remorse’ in play after ‘Can you change your vote’ surges in searched terms

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Found this little clip starting at about 4 minutes in a Sky News Australia news cast, though as always I recommend listening to the whole video.

For those who are video challenged, after the last presidential debate "Can I change my vote" became the most searched term in google history, Pennsylvania being among the top places the search was used. The general consensus is that it was in response to Joe's promise to do away with fossil fuels and fracking, though I doubt that can be proven, just implied circumstantially.(Correction: See Dan's posts below.)

So, can you change your vote? No, but you can vote twice, and so can your deceased relatives.

edit on 10/25/2020 by Klassified because: Punctuation grammar ETA

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
You can see the spike in Google Trends

link

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat
Thanks for posting the link.

Sky news also shows it in the video.

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Because "can I change my vote" could imply changing to both Trump or Biden ... here is another google search trend for:

"Can I change my vote to Biden" vs "Can I change my vote to Trump"

The Biden search is flat lined; the Trump search spikes after the last debate.

link

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat
Awesome detective work. I'd give you an applause if I had the ability.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The graph tops out at 1PM, day after the debate...no telling how high it goes.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
even if they do let you change your vote , do you really think the other side will not count the initial vote. ?

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Ha Ha..

This was published in 2016 by ABC News, when they didn't think it would matter.

How to Change Your Vote: abcnews.go.com...

But they DARE not publish it today, lol.

May be still applicable to 2020 too.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
even if they do let you change your vote , do you really think the other side will not count the initial vote. ?

I believe you can change your vote (in many states)...but you have to do it in person on election day.

In most of the states, voters who have already cast ballots need to show up to the polls on Election Day, have their prior vote nullified, and revote in-person to have their new vote -- and only the new vote -- counted.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Ha Ha..

This was published in 2016 by ABC News, when they didn't think it would matter.

How to Change Your Vote: abcnews.go.com...

But they DARE not publish it today, lol.

May be still applicable to 2020 too.

Thanks for posting that. I'm learning some things in this thread.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I believe you can change your vote (in many states)...but you have to do it in person on election day.

In most of the states, voters who have already cast ballots need to show up to the polls on Election Day, have their prior vote nullified, and revote in-person to have their new vote -- and only the new vote -- counted.

www.cnn.com...

Sounds like there are a lot of places in that process where wrongdoing could occur by election workers.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Because "can I change my vote" could imply changing to both Trump or Biden ... here is another google search trend for:

link

Holy crap, that's a little damning. Biden flaps his gums and said stupid # that drives away more of their base, and thus Trump might gain some of Biden's voters, lol.

My god, if George Carlin was still around, he would have had a field day with this year, start to probably finish.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
Oh boy would he, gouging both sides mercilessly.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

link

Probably because dead people and people in nursing homes in a coma are not searching online to see how to change their Biden vote.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

www.cnn.com...

Sounds like there are a lot of places in that process where wrongdoing could occur by election workers.

There will be cheating, but it will occur at Post office hubs in states where Trump beats Biden by just a few thousand votes.

Joe declared last week that his Election Cheating expertise has improved over the years. Pelosi is in on it too, hence her demands for USPS $$$...(for payoffs).

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Remembered posting about this right after the debate:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Klassified

Remembered posting about this right after the debate:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Starred, there and here because it deserved its own thread.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
MICHIGAN Residents - Here is how you can change your vote.

Spoiling an absent voter ballot

If a voter has already voted absentee and wishes to change their vote, a voter can spoil their ballot by submitting a written request to their city or township clerk.

The voter must sign the request and state if they would like a new absentee ballot mailed to them, or if they will pick it up in person at the clerk’s office.
This request must be received by 5 p.m. the Friday before the election if received by mail.

An absentee ballot that has been returned to the clerk may be spoiled in person at the clerk’s office until 10 a.m. the Monday prior to the election.

An absentee ballot that has not been returned to the clerk may be spoiled in person at the clerk’s office until 4 p.m. the Monday prior to the election.

If a voter has not returned his or her ballot, the voter can surrender the ballot or sign a statement stating that the ballot was lost or destroyed and vote at the polls.

There is no option on Election Day to spoil an absentee ballot that has been received by the clerk.
Source: www.michigan.gov...

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I've had conversations with multiple people about them wishing they could change their vote after early voting for Biden. They all basically said the same thing that they wish they had waited to vote, and/or wish they had done a little more looking into his past not even including about what's currently in the news.

Some of them even apologized for talking crap to me.

I gladly gave them the information they needed to do so. But personally how shoddy the election process is I don't know if it'll do any good. It'll probably just add to the confusion.

This is an excellent exercise in why people should be open minded, and actually research who they are voting for.

It is amusing watching all of the teenagers and early 20s people crap all over Biden.

Edit

It's even funnier/sadder that almost everyone that I saw on Facebook and other social media platforms that were sooo vocal against Trump and exhuberant for Biden are now silent. A few of them silently removed all of their pro-Biden posts.

Maybe next time they'll remember this, diligently research candidates, and not vote purely on emotion and what the media feeds them.
edit on 25102020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

link

Yep...especially in the KEY STATES of Michigan, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Florida, and Texas, after last week's debate.

Source: www.toptradeguru.com...

<<   2 >>

join