It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Supreme Court stays order that had blocked Gov. Greg Abbott’s mail ballot drop-off limits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Looks like the courts aren't falling for the excuses;

The decision followed a ruling Friday by Texas' Austin-based Third Court of Appeals that had upheld a state judge’s order blocking Abbott’s order. The state had appealed the Third Court of Appeals order.

The state Supreme Court was still reviewing whether to take further action in the case and ordered both sides to file their responses by 5 p.m. Monday. By then, there will be just more than one week left for voters to return their mail ballots in person to early voting clerks around the state.

Several Texas chapters of the Anti-Defamation League, the government watchdog group Common Cause, and two Texas voters filed suit against the state, saying Abbott’s order overstepped the governor’s authority in the Texas Constitution and violated equal rights of voters.

Source

For those of you unaware of the story, Gov. Abbott issued a last-minute order earlier this month directing Texas counties to provide no more than one hand-delivery location for voters casting absentee ballots in the November election, one day after the state's solicitor general had signed off on the legality of multiple locations. The impact of this decision unfairly targeted more liberal and minority counties;

There was an obvious political motive behind the move and thankfully the State courts had taken appropriate action, something unexpected. This is a battleground State apparently, with reports that Biden leads by one percent there against Trump. With that said, reports are in that registered Republicans are outvoting registered Democrats in both Florida and Pennsylvania, so Abbott may be doing his side a disservice if anything. I anticipate more State shenanigans in the days ahead.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You do know that there are lots more counties in Texas than 2 , yes ?
Another one....

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If so, maybe that is reasonable.

The problem you have here is that I have read proof of DNC shenanigans till the cows come home over and over again. Actually I have witnessed them personally where I live. I once had a DNC pal ask me to help him as he drove a van around the inner city picking up bums and giving them smokes if they voted Democrat. And that was well over 20 years ago.

I am not so foolish to believe that the RNC doesn't ever do similar things, but I do also know that the DNC has activist judges that are far more likely to overturn or find law that doesn't exist to keep their pals in power. And it seems they do so much more than Republican judges.

Anyway, I will read the link at some point and see whom this judge is aligned with. I am almost positive that will shed some light on the matter for me.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

SoOo....

Are all 4.7 million people in that county (obviously not all Democrat) voting with an Absentee ballot?

Are these 4.7 million people not aware that you can also mail them in?

Are these people not aware that they can just fill in their absentee ballot online?

Was it possibly done by Abbot in the first place because there have been multiple arrests so far in Texas for 2020 Democratic voter fraud?

Texas voter fraud 2020

134 Voter Fraud Charges 2020 Texas

Texas mayor arrested for voter fraud

Does anyone ask why Common Cause (an activist group for the Democratic party) and the ADL (a leftist group) are pushing for more absentee ballot drop-off locations?

Is there a motive behind it that will help the Democratic party in Texas?

edit on 25-10-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Are all 4.7 million people in that county (obviously not all Democrat) voting with an Absentee ballot?

Unlikely, but there would be a fair number.

Are these 4.7 million people not aware that you can also mail them in?

Do you expect all 4.7 million people to fit into your tiny box? Different people from different strokes, different circs.

Are these people not aware that they can just fill in their absentee ballot online?

Above.

Was it possibly done by Abbot in the first place because there have been multiple arrests so far in Texas for 2020 Democratic voter fraud?

No, it's fairly evident he did it to limit votes in more liberal counties. We all know this, it's just a cat and mouse game at this point with how we choose to address this.

Also, without looking into those cases you've linked, in a country of 320 million people, with some 160 million odd eligible voters, there's bound to be some degree of fraud that will occur through all methods of voting. The frequency is just far less than what rightwing nuts claim to be. voter impersonation is still by far the more common case of voter fraud overall, so by your logic we should be limiting in-person voting as well.

Always great doing the dance with ya Lum.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Trump will dominate Texas. The S##t Holes of Dallas, Houston, El Paso, and possibly Austin will go blue as always because that’s where bums, hobo’s, section 8 housing, criminals and illegals live.

As for the rest of us, we will be voting Trump.

Why is it such a hassle to have an ID and go vote in person??

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

Yes, Dallas, Houston, Austin etc. etc. The economy engines of Texas that drive much of the State's economies. They're only good enough to bail out the rural and small towns but beyond that, apparently, they're sh##holes that should shut up, right?

Stay classy.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

There is probably only one court house in each county. And a good possibility of only one DMV.

What’s your point? That people have to travel to a centralized business office to conduct county related business?

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: TexasTruth

Yes, Dallas, Houston, Austin etc. etc. The economy engines of Texas that drive much of the State's economies. They're only good enough to bail out the rural and small towns but beyond that, apparently, they're sh##holes that should shut up, right?

Stay classy.
Ummm, that's not accurate at all, the economic engines ARE the rural areas of Texas.

Dallas, Austin and Houston are Blue, Everything else is DEEP red and Purple.
Take San Antonio, Purple.

Harris County, or Houston, is ripe with voter fraud. However, that's the beauty of the electorate.

Despite liberal media news, TX isn't a Battleground State.

Also, I don't have an issue at all about the drop off locations in Houston either, as Republican turnout is much higher during Presidential elections.
Texas is pretty strict, Me and the Wife voted in person already.

As a Texan, some facts. Houston is so large it takes up two area codes. It also has the largest black community in Texas.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Thank you! Where I live is a very small but wealthy area. Tons of land with gas/oil wells on them along with cattle, cutting horse ranches, and hay fields.
Now the corporate side of those oil companies are in the Dallas/Houston areas. So the super rich and all those other groups I mentioned live In those Democrat “utopias”. Lol

join