It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Informal Import

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
According some information I've got, some advanced fighter would been imported to China at early years, which includes F-14 from Iran, F-16 from Pakistan, F-15 from Isreal. In these iterms, F-14 is the most important one.
U.S. navy's F-14s have to be out of the commission follow the more serious
situation of Taiwan whereas these F-14 won't continue to trail a pike until 2010 originally and this is the best heavy-duty fighter.
So I was wondering who will be inteseted in discussion of this influence?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by emile
According some information I've got, some advanced fighter would been imported to China at early years, which includes F-14 from Iran, F-16 from Pakistan, F-15 from Isreal. In these iterms, F-14 is the most important one.
U.S. navy's F-14s have to be out of the commission follow the more serious
situation of Taiwan whereas these F-14 won't continue to trail a pike until 2010 originally and this is the best heavy-duty fighter.
So I was wondering who will be inteseted in discussion of this influence?

Well, Iran has about 70 F14's that they cant fly. The US sold them to Iran just before the "falling out" 30 years ago. But the planes are in such terrible condition due to lack of parts and maintinance, they are not in flyable condition. Maybe China will back-engineer a few and create a maininance program and get them flying again.

join