It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream Pool's & Travel Dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Do any of you believe in dream pools,or have more info on them. There is a theory that when we leave our bodies at night we can sometimes share similar areas with other dreamers, who are like minded. And that some of these different areas stay intact and people can re-visit them at some later date.
One other question i have for others out there is this. When i travel as i have just done i seem to have very different dreams, i was just in a foreign country for about 10 days and my dreams were highly charged, some violent and very disturbing. I don't think you can just brush this off as getting comfortable in your new local. The place i was visiting has had alot of murders as of late in the on going drug wars and a higher rate of violence than ussual. Do others out there have this "dream change " when traveling?
Parker

[edit on 17-3-2005 by parker]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Murders and violence? Isn't it rather exceptional beauty and a wonderland where you are going to travel? The reason is even more fabulous than ever!

Think about it.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by parker
Do any of you believe in dream pools,or have more info on them. There is a theory that when we leave our bodies at night we can sometimes share similar areas with other dreamers, who are like minded. And that some of these different areas stay intact and people can re-visit them at some later date.
One other question i have for others out there is this. When i travel as i have just done i seem to have very different dreams, i was just in a foreign country for about 10 days and my dreams were highly charged, some violent and very disturbing. I don't think you can just brush this off as getting comfortable in your new local. The place i was visiting has had alot of murders as of late in the on going drug wars and a higher rate of violence than ussual. Do others out there have this "dream change " when traveling?
Parker

[edit on 17-3-2005 by parker]

you are in a volatile and potentially dangerous neighborhood away from home

your inner senses and subconscious is unrest

your animal instinct took over and your brain is trying to prevent you from a deep/sound sleep to stay at a higher state of alert

nothing unusual

err... if you sleep like a baby in Fallujah, you have a problem

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I've never heard the term you used, but I have dreams that continue on the following night or sometimes even several nights later. Kind of like putting down a book and picking it up again.

As for sharing dreams, I've only done that once with my husband and it was planned experiment that worked, with me telling his subconcious what to dream, I've not since been able to duplicate that experiment though.

Usually when I am away from home, my dreams seem to get wierder, multiple dream scenes in one night, that sort of thing, not more violent persay, perhaps that is coming from what is currently going on in the world and the locale that you are in?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Dream Pool scroll down to astral dimension part.Maybe you are right Betasio: i could have been worried about the dangers around me and that could have accounted for these dreams, but i have had these dreams before in other places as well.
World watcher the term "dream pool" was one that i had just about forgotten about so i did a search and found where i had read it before. Click on the link and scroll dowm to The Astral Dimension part of the treatise, this is where i heard this term used before.Others have elluded to this term as well in books i have read.

[edit on 18-3-2005 by parker]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Hello Parker

Sounds to me like your picking up on a lot of negative energy, I don't think I would try OBE's in a place where there is such bad energy,.....if it is true one can become possessed.....this might happen? Also, maybe just being in a strange place can cause bad dreams.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I think I have an interesting experience with this dream pool theory. One night last year around May I had a dream I was at a transfer point of some kind. Some how I "woke up” I remember flying around and telling people to wake up you all are dreaming. There were a lot of people moving around trying to get to their "destinations". Well after a while I gave up trying to "wake" people up and I started flying around this "transfer point". As I was flying around this place I saw the most beautiful women I had ever met. I flew down right in front of her. I was trying really hard to get her attention. I remember everything about her. The way she walked, smiled and looked. This dream was very vivid and I didn't want to let go of her. I remember saying to her. "How come the most beautiful women I have ever met is in a dream. She went through this door and then I woke up feeling really sad.

Three months later I was on business I New York. After work me and my co-workers decided to go out to a bar. I got bored and went outside for a cig with one of my co-workers. We were outside for a while and I remember just looking up and seeing this girl. I normally don't talk to girls on the street but I swear I didn't even think about it. I just went up to her and started talking to her. To make a long story short we started talking after a while. About 2 months into the relationship I was just thinking about how random it was that I met this girl and how we bonded so quick. Then it hit me. THIS WAS THE SAME GIRL I DREAMT ABOUT 5 MONTHS EARILIER. I told her about my dream and she just kinda shrugged it off. I believe honestly in my heart that I met this girl in my "dream".

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
When I was on holiday once, I had the most horrible dream I have ever had and it was permiantly etched on my memory. So i guess can relate to this.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by parker
Dream Pool scroll down to astral dimension part.Maybe you are right Betasio: i could have been worried about the dangers around me and that could have accounted for these dreams, but i have had these dreams before in other places as well.
World watcher the term "dream pool" was one that i had just about forgotten about so i did a search and found where i had read it before. Click on the link and scroll dowm to The Astral Dimension part of the treatise, this is where i heard this term used before.Others have elluded to this term as well in books i have read.

[edit on 18-3-2005 by parker]

hey parker, can't say i've experience that but robert bruce's treatise, and his books are facinating... I have a friend who has had a shared dream with his brother though...

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   

One other question i have for others out there is this. When i travel as i have just done i seem to have very different dreams, i was just in a foreign country for about 10 days and my dreams were highly charged, some violent and very disturbing.

This is very common, when we travel our brains are introduced to a whole new set of visual, audible and tactile sensations, when you go to sleep your brain begins to work through those and they manifest themselves during the dream state in various ways.

Whenever I travel the first few nights I tend to have very vivid and new dreams.

ANd who said if you sleep well in Fallujah you've got a problem. That was freaking hillarious!

Spiderj

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Hi Ms_bhavn always nice to hear from you
thanks for the concern but i don't think i am in any danger . my main thoughts were about how different locals seem to effect peoples dreams or preceptions,not unlike what SpiderJ was talking about. But i still think sensitive people can pick up on more of their surroundings than others.

Too bad about your dream luck Ishes maybe time will help you forget.

Hey Da Truth are you still in touch with the girl from your dream its funny she did not pick up on it, that kind of contact is pretty rare. I have also had control lucid dreams as well and they are not the kind of dreams you forget, like you i was flying around trying to talk to as many people as i could as well but got a similar reaction from them they were in a zombie type haze. But there was one fellow about my age who i noticed was following me from a distance (Dream Police) i'am not sure if thats what you would call them but he was not one of the crowd. I have seen this same person before when i have been able to have a controlled lucid dream.

Has this ever happend to you ever noticed the same person in seperate dreams.

Freedom Robert Bruces treatise is without a doubt some of the best free advice anywhere on AP supprizes me more people dont know about him or this great info.
Parker

[edit on 22-3-2005 by parker]

top topics

join