It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has any tried squid sushi? I wonder what kraken would taste like?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Has any tried squid sushi? I wonder what kraken would taste like?

Just imagine how people we could be fed if Kraken was captured.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Not a fan of squid, tasted it once in a fancy restaurant and would never order it again. I will stick to fish and shrimp...don't much think Lobster is worth the price either. I don't mind crab legs, but I only get them if they are part of a Buffet, even then I go for the fish and crab delight, which is made from pollack.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Squid sushi has a pleasant chewy rubbery texture I personally find enjoyable. Squid in any form is just generally delicious. Kalamari's a particular favourite of mine. Especially on a Greek salad with some feta, olives and balsamic dressing. Deep fried until it's ligbt and crispy, with a nice soft chewy inside. Would definitely try kraken....though...the kraken rum #s me up.

Then again...squids are highly intelligent and pretty much aliens

I dunno...I mean...I just hope Cthulhu's not real and not a vengeful parent....cause i've eaten and enjoyed a decent amount of squid.
edit on 24/10/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I love eating the kraken, (as well as drinking The Kraken, as rum is a preferrd poison of mine). Haven't had squid sushi, though. Not a big sushi devotee. I'll eat it if it's served and sometimes will take my daughter out for it, but I can take it or leave it.

But I've had squid, like it most either fried or al mojo de ajo. I can't see why squid sushi would be bad.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Actual giant squid are said to have a disagreeable taste/odor, due to the large amount of ammonia found in their bodies.
edit on b000000312020-10-24T21:55:09-05:0009America/ChicagoSat, 24 Oct 2020 21:55:09 -0500900000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I tried it in an Asian buffet once, and never again. It tasted fishy, like that unpleasant fishy fish flavour instead of the distinct mild flavour I was expecting. Maybe it wasn't fresh?? I don't know, but that was my experience.

I was surprised as I LOVE calamari.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   

In 6th grade we dissected, used the ink ponch to draw a picture and then cooked the squid to eat. It was much more enjoyable than the pig thing we did. Don’t think they do anything like that anymore and I’m not even 40.

Squid is crazy good when prepared properly. As far as I know, no one has eaten giant squid. The only specimens are dead/decaying.

When we lived in town we used to go to this sushi bar that served squid. Kids always told people that I eat monsters because of the fried squid I’d order, which was baby fried squid-Fantastic!

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I have tried squid sashimi it's OK, I suppose.

But I really love calamari done right!

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   
LiveScience

Scientist says it tastes bad.

For anyone thinking of a calamari feast, Walker-Smith said giant squid contain high levels of ammonia in their bodies as a buoyancy aid.

“It would not taste very nice at all,'' she said

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Isn't great... rubbery not much taste

Love me some sushi.... sashimi is way better

but you gotta try sea urchin.... its amazingly delicious!

but it looks like a brown snot ball LOL

edit on 25-10-2020 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I have never had a piece of seafood I didn't like.
I love sushi and anything that comes out of the water.

I would have zero problems eating Squid, I am sure I have eaten it before.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Im with ya on that.... nothing that swims is safe from me.. but

Ye tried Eel...?

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Octopuses use tools, recognize human caretakers, display varied hunting tactics and have problem-solving capabilities. They exhibit behavior suggesting planning and foresight, such as raiding humans' crab and lobster traps and climbing aboard fishing boats carrying containers of crabs. Sy Montgomerty of Orion magazine reported an experiment that observed a female octopus playing with a pill bottle. Squid exhibit complex social signaling and one species, the Humboldt squid, engages in cooperative hunting.

They are intelligent, so if you eat them you should make sure they are killed as painless as possible.

There are videos of asian women eating octopus or squid alive. I guess youtube is okay with animal torture.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Calamari is excellent if prepared correctly.

I also dissected one in the 6th grade. We then fried that sucker up and ate it. Best science class day ever.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Squid is disgusting.

The only thing I have tasted worse than squid is jellied eels!

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Squid sushi is chewy and rubbery and has little actual taste to itself.

If you cook it, it is very delicate. Too little cooking and it's raw, but if you overcook it by just a hair, then it's like eating rubber. Manage to hit it just right, and it has a very delicate but delicious flavor and it is surprisingly tender.

One of the best meals I ever had was a chicken fried calamari steak with lobster gravy. They obviously used Humboldt squid because they're the only ones that get large enough to have pieces that size. The chef hit the sweet spot on the cooking, and it was one of those magical meal moments when you realize you're going to remember that meal forever.

Another one like that was a local po' boy dive that did a version with skate ray that was melt in your mouth tender and so, so good.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Sea urchin sushi sort of looks like cat vomit to me, but it tastes more like cold crab pudding.

top topics

join