It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murkowski to Vote In Support of Amy Coney Barrett

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
www.alaskasnewssource.com...

Sen. Murkowski made the announcement during a speech on Saturday.

“There will be at least one more procedural vote on Sunday, and I will once again object to advancing the nomination past cloture. Assuming that motion prevails, when we reach a final vote, I will vote to confirm Judge Barrett to serve on the Supreme Court.”

Well, that's an unexpected surprise. I reckon Collins will do the same. This doesn't heal all of the outrageous wounds Lisa Murkowski has inflicted on her party's supporters in Alaska over the years, nor does it in any way save her ass in 2022 when she will lose in the Republican primaries to an actual conservative Republican... but at least she's not going to go out with her skull firmly up her ass like a liberal as it appeared she was ready to do for the past 4 years.

This is a big deal. It means that the ACB vote isn't going to require VP Pence to break a tie or even be a single vote confirmation. In all probability, 1 or 2 Dems will also vote in favor of ACB, meaning that she will join Brett Kavanaugh and Gorsuch as bipartisan Supreme Court confirmations.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I see no reason why the Democrats will not give the lady a pass for the supreme Court.
These people we art to represent the needs the wants the desires and the must-haves of our life and when they go against a person of sound character sound mine very good judgment of the Constitution,one has to ask themselves why are they not going to vote Yes for this lady for the supreme Court Justice.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Until the Dems find their way out of their wildfires and get into Alaska to "convince" her otherwise

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
Until the Dems find their way out of their wildfires and get into Alaska to "convince" her otherwise

Nah, she will likely be on her best behavior from now until 2022, honestly. She cannot win re-election here barring an absolute Christmas miracle, meaning she will need to be the Super Conservative deciding vote on some high profile issues in the next 2 years or she'll be out on her ass. She won the last 2 elections here thanks to about 1/3rd of the Republicans and the rest Democrats who feared if they didn't vote for her and voted for their Dem candidate, then the TEA Party would win the seat. I think she realizes it's going to be nearly impossible for her to convince that 1/3rd of Republicans and conservative independents to support her next time around.

Honestly, she shouldn't even be in DC. She played pay to play games to get the state courts to accept her as a write in 8 years ago after she was utterly slapped down in the primaries by Joe Miller. They had to redefine state law to keep Miller out of the seat.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It seems odd that the Dems, who try to make us believe that they want to see a women in a high ranking position, probably won't vote for her at all. She seems like a nice woman and I would bet she will probably use laws of our land, not political prejudice, to reach her decisions.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I saw this about an hour ago, and I have to say, given her statements earlier in the process, its a nice surprise. I guess she must have really been hearing it from the constituents back home and/or she thinks the political winds are shifting in Trump's favor for this upcoming election.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Its not odd at all. The centerpiece of the Democrat party platform is abortion. They don't tolerate anything or anyone that could potentially undermine that issue for them.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Amy Barrett is a Constitutionalist so that will assure democrats hate her.

Sucks to be them.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think Trump needs to do an 11th hour reminder that Democrats not voting to confirm ACB are waging a War on Women to keep her off the Supreme Court.

Edit to add: Told Trump
edit on 24-10-2020 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I think Murkowski watched Fox News and saw the network pundits happily proclaim that Lisa Murkowski's "Yea" vote was not needed this time.

Senator Murkowski saw no one ready to shine a spotlight and TV cameras on her this time, so decided to do the right thing.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
She must have read her own polls and saw what the Citizens wanted probably got email bombed 😎

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It's funny how Democrats are flopping about like a tuna on the deck of a boat this weekend.

The Trump train keeps going forward, and Biden Kamala cannot even fill a parking lot.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'm more concerned about Collins's vote. I have great respect for her after she supported Kavanaugh. I lost a lot of it when she said they shouldn't vote on Barrett before the election. I suspect she was trying to straddle the fence since her re-election to Senate doesn't look good, but with it looking so bleak she should have just stuck to her guns.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Looks like she didn't.

The US Senate voted 51-48 on Sunday to proceed to confirm Amy Coney Barrett on the US Supreme Court.

Republican Senators Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) and Susan Collins (R-MN) voted with Democrats on Sunday.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Looks like she didn't.

The US Senate voted 51-48 on Sunday to proceed to confirm Amy Coney Barrett on the US Supreme Court.

Republican Senators Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) and Susan Collins (R-MN) voted with Democrats on Sunday.

These articles need to stop calling her a "conservative justice." She's a Constitutionalist.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Looks like she didn't.

She said she would vote against proceeding, but for confirming once the procedural vote to block confirmation failed today.

She's trying to play both ways.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
After Amy Coney Barrett is approved by the Senate this evening, Justice Clarence Thomas will swear her in tonight.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I love feeling smug.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Didn't racist Senator Joe Biden oppose the confirmation of Clarence Thomas?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join