It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was Wrong About the Democratic Party #walkaway

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The young women in this video is incredibly intelligent and engaging and the best part is I don’t think she understands just how great she is. Her critical thinking skills are very inspiring and I wonder if I had experienced her level of indoctrination if I could have broken free as she did. The video is about a very fair minded internal struggle she went through to find herself. I believe it is very valuable for anyone to watch as it makes you think about a lot of issues. It also made me realize how inadequate my own self-reflection has been.

I haven’t started a new topic in months, but I think this is such a good video to learn from and her style is not abrasive and easy to follow. I only put it in the Mudpit because some people can’t keep things civil. I hope you will all take the time to enjoy. Watch the first 2-3 minutes and if it doesn’t resonate with you then just move on.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Talked to a few folks who don't agree or have walked away from the D party.

Out of say the 15 or so only two actually expresses flipping their vote. The rest will simply abstain.

Which is another interesting rabbit hole. Decreasing the voting base makes things much easier to control and manipulate.

Sorry if this strays off topic a little.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yea, most people I know walking away aren't finding refuge in another party... And that goes for both sides.

Parties don't do anything for people. They're institutions that run on interests not in line with ours. Their coffers typically rely on their investments keeping things the way they are, the status quo.

Tribalism is cancer to accountability. People are so hung up on their groups they won't admit when the groups (more accurately the officials representing it and or elected) stray off of the platform they claim to stand for.

You have one side right now who makes no attempts to even give the impression they'll reduce spending.... And the other claiming they will while breaking records all the same. The model is simply unsustainable, and we will eventually reap what we sow.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Tribalism is inherent, instinct.

Its been effectively twisted and used on the population very well.

Id wager that financially, all is going according to plan. Crypto/digital world currency.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
You have one side right now who makes no attempts to even give the impression they'll reduce spending.... And the other claiming they will while breaking records all the same. The model is simply unsustainable, and we will eventually reap what we sow.

Shhhhhhhh. Don't mess up their cognitive dissonance.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I mean she rationally lays out why she’s left over the course of a much thought-out personal and political walkabout.
So what she says I find very attractive. Very well spoken.
She is quite the Betty!

Anyway, I would think that being a teacher and nurse and living in CA gives her the bona fides to speak her mind. She does it with grace and panache.

Good for her. I’m glad she came around for herself. I’m not even advocating one side or the other as she is. I’m just happy she broke her mental shackles, and found herself.

Sane people still exist. Sweet!

edit on 24-10-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

What would be the outcome if this huge influx of young voters in the U.S. voted for Joe Biden to spite Donald Trump, but since they don't really align with the Democratic party, voted Libertarian for governors and congress people?

What would change if the Libertarian party held more seats in congress and the senate/house of representatives?
edit on 24-10-2020 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

What would be the outcome if this huge influx of young voters in the U.S. voted for Joe Biden to spite Donald Trump, but since they don't really align with the Democratic party, voted Libertarian for governors and congress people?

What would change if the Libertarian party held more seats in congress and the senate/house of representatives?

Wouldn’t that be beautiful? Republicans and democrats would need to start courting a third party and be forced to the middle to get support. Sanity would result.
edit on 2020/10/24 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Fingers crossed for you guys.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
I mean she rationally lays out why she’s left over the course of a much thought-out personal and political walkabout.
So what she says I find very attractive. Very well spoken.
She is quite the Betty!

Anyway, I would think that being a teacher and nurse and living in CA gives her the bona fides to speak her mind. She does it with grace and panache.

Good for her. I’m glad she came around for herself. I’m not even advocating one side or the other as she is. I’m just happy she broke her mental shackles, and found herself.

Sane people still exist. Sweet!

This young ladies ability for self-introspection put me to shame. I was so impressed with her and she really has no idea how amazing she is...refreshing.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

First, this young woman is speaking from her own mind. There is no script, on teleprompter. Her thoughts flow from her own mind and she connects them very well in presenting what can be understood to be her own awakening.

I ask, awakening from what. From what she presented in the first half, as that is where I left off, she has awakened from the stereotyping that the Democrat Party uses to not only enforce it's doctrine about Republicans but even more the stereotyping it uses to bolster it's own image for those who follow that creed.

It is clear that her understanding of her own experiences are for the most part holistic, that is built upon and connected though a process of personal reflection and honesty in attempts to be for herself at least, a maturing person.

From where I left off I found no indication of her telling lies or even for the most part engaging in hyperbole.

I do wonder though that in that first half of the video, she did not once extrapolate the problems she has found within the current ''liberal'' meme-set and juxtapose them with what others find within the current ''connservative'' meme-set.

For instance, right in the very beginning of the video, right around 2 minutes, she says that one of the first things she rebelled against was the ''liberal'' notion that ''conservatives are bad and liberals are good. That good and bad conundrum. That good and evil conundrum. And yes, I see that in the liberal BS as well. Conservatives see it too as we can hear it here all the time. YET, she did not, again,'' juxtapose'' that very same perception that is now being used by Trump at all his rallies, that the entire Democrat Party is bad and evil. It's a power play used by manipulators though out history. Follow another ideology, bad, follow ours, good. That omission I found to be glaring in her talk.

It's my take that in some manner we are all in cults. All of us. We are raised in the cult of our families by our parents. We believe what our parents believe and how they taught us to believe. In the cult of our early school years we believe what we are being taught and so on and so forth. We are and continue to become whatever the environment around us shapes us to be. Until.

Until we begin to think for ourselves. That process within herself I think she describes very well. It did resonate with me.
What resonated with me was my own contention that in working with self reflection, in our attempts to grow and mature, we need to evaluate the corners of who we are. This means questioning not only what we were raised to believe but also how we ourselves are products of those beliefs. This is not an easy thing to do because it means a dismantling of ourselves, looking at those corners and taking charge of brooming out those cobwebs that linger within us.

In a way this can be seen as a ''re-birth''. The question here though is just what are we reborn as. I think it likely that we are not so much re-born as emergent. We emerge into a larger world of information and comprehension which becomes integral to our maturing identity. This woman clearly demonstrates this in the fluid presentation which all seems to be part of her maturing consciousness.

But again, she focuses only on the problems within the liberal meme-set. And this could be one more avenue of accidental misdirection. Once we begin to take ourselves apart from whatever the unconscious mental constructs that hold us in chains, there is an impulse to to look for someone else who holds and can provide common grounds of insight. In this case, those common grounds of insight are easily found within the ''conservative meme set''. It's one thing to manage to pull way from a powerful magnet but quite another to understand that right out of reach of that magnetic pull is guess what, another magnetic field that will pull a person right into it all the while allowing that person to believe that they have freed themselves yet in reality have only traded one master for another.

Do you know about this ''cult leader'' from the NXIVM? He has been found guilty of numerous felonies and will soon be coming up for sentencing. There is a documentary about him and his cult on Amazon Prime titled '' The Vow''. It is filmed first hand by several of his ex followers and presents not only the promises of good by the cult but the undercurrents that hide behind those promises. The members go into detail not only about the cult, but themselves as well. Deeply into themselves. I'm only half way thought the series but find it an excellent expose of not just the cult but the way in which so many people can be taken in by ''meme-sets''.

Any way Met, thank you for the thread and I hope my addition and comments have been in line with your hopes for discussion.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
She had me at "Hi I'm Georgia"....

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The #Walkaway is pretty large and only expanding. Good for them.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Agreed, but since we're in the midst of a new millemium and the biggest renaissance man has ever seen, I judge my self harsher if I'm thinking with the lizard part of my brain.

If I find myself reasoning my actions or thoughts with what's inherent or instinctual, I am probably doing it wrong.

We only thrive if we stay ahead of where we should be. Right now it seems like we're clinging to old ways too hard while things crumble.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Shhhhhhhh. Don't mess up their cognitive dissonance.

A boy can dream can't he?

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Agreed, but since we're in the midst of a new millemium and the biggest renaissance man has ever seen, I judge my self harsher if I'm thinking with the lizard part of my brain.

If I find myself reasoning my actions or thoughts with what's inherent or instinctual, I am probably doing it wrong.

We only thrive if we stay ahead of where we should be. Right now it seems like we're clinging to old ways too hard while things crumble.

Its like thinking for yourself except with extra steps.

Many dont even know what tribalism actually is let alone attempt to overcome it. Thats why its working so well.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
She had me at "Hi I'm Georgia"....
4 eels

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I haven't watched the video yet, because I'm watching something else right now. But I"m going to watch it later. Skimming the comments on her video is so encouraging though. There are a lot of people waking up.

Of course, the Democrats think this isn't happening because an unsourced Salon article told them only conservatives and Russians use the #walkaway hashtag.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I hope to one day find out. I despise when people say if you don’t vote red/blue it’s a wasted vote, a votes a vote and each one matters.

I can dream though, one day before I’m gone maybe

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Many dont even know what tribalism actually is let alone attempt to overcome it. Thats why its working so well.

I couldn't agree more. People are too scared to be an individual. Many dunk on younger people for being the participation trophy generation, and while there's certainly some truth to that, who set it up for them?

Most of those alive right no need constant affirmation and reminders they're accepted. That won't happen if you canstantly think for yourself and don't toe lines.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join