It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Khabib vs Gaethje

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I'm sure fellow ATS fight fans are well aware of an epic scrap scheduled today.

Undefeated Dagastani champ Khabib vs American #1 contender Justin Gaethje. Who you got? Justin might be the most exciting fighter in the UFC right now. He's got heavy hands fierce leg kicks and can take a punch. He's also wrestled his whole life but never uses it in the cage, I think he will be forced to today. Don't think there has been a boring justin gaethje fight in history.

Khabib on the other hand is not the most exciting, however crazy effective. Very much a wrestling based style that so far nobody has been able to beat. He drags them to the ground, grinds them down to exhaustion and takes them out. Everyone who gets taken down by khabib looks as if they are drowning it's crazy.

While rooting for justin to land a big shot, I don't think the outcome will be any different than every time Khabib has stepped foot in the cage. But the beauty of the fight game is anything can happen!

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Exciting fight for sure! Since this is a conspiracy site, I'll post an article I saw earlier today.

Basically it looks like Khabib didn't make weight. Sounds crazy right? Watch the second video, the commentary explains it. Weird stuff.

www.mmamania.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuicideKing33
I'm sure fellow ATS fight fans are well aware of an epic scrap scheduled today.

Undefeated Dagastani champ Khabib vs American #1 contender Justin Gaethje. Who you got? Justin might be the most exciting fighter in the UFC right now. He's got heavy hands fierce leg kicks and can take a punch. He's also wrestled his whole life but never uses it in the cage, I think he will be forced to today. Don't think there has been a boring justin gaethje fight in history.

Khabib on the other hand is not the most exciting, however crazy effective. Very much a wrestling based style that so far nobody has been able to beat. He drags them to the ground, grinds them down to exhaustion and takes them out. Everyone who gets taken down by khabib looks as if they are drowning it's crazy.

While rooting for justin to land a big shot, I don't think the outcome will be any different than every time Khabib has stepped foot in the cage. But the beauty of the fight game is anything can happen!

Dude great post, it's literally word for word what I would have posted, including the result! 😁

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentAnderson
Exciting fight for sure! Since this is a conspiracy site, I'll post an article I saw earlier today.

Basically it looks like Khabib didn't make weight. Sounds crazy right? Watch the second video, the commentary explains it. Weird stuff.

www.mmamania.com...

Damn that was a quick check of the weight 😐

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentAnderson

I saw that too! Somebody commented "with hundreds of millions the UFC is going to make off this fight, if weight watcher guy would have said otherwise he's getting helicoptered 30 miles off shore and pushed out." Lmao

Championship weight is a thing and you MUST be 155 if the weight class is 155. Otherwise it can't be for the belt. Non title fights you can be a pound over. More than that, Justin would typically get a percentage of Khabibs purse, so he is getting screwed here. The whole thing would be in jeopardy if weight watcher guy didn't play along.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Khabib is an absolute mauler. He’s smart as hell and smashes people who step foot in the octagon with him. But he’s also a professional and a real sportsman.

After seeing what Justin did to Tony Ferguson, I believe he has as good of a chance as any to pull off an upset. He stole Tony’s soul from him while looking directly into his battered face.

Ultimately, I think Khabib is too good and too motivated. I’m sure he’s out to make his recently deceased father proud in the afterlife and put an exclamation point on his legacy.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I think Khabib will win but I hope Gathje does...especially if Khabib missed weight.

FYI look on Khabibs face says He was worried, like He knew.
edit on 24-10-2020 by ATruGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I find myself rooting for both fighters in this.

Khabib is a fantastic grappler and his overarching strategy works well and is hard to counter. But the more people see it the more people study it. One plan can't work for all opponents, Gathje in particular.

Gathje put the screws to Tony Ferguson in a way I have never seen before. He is fast and intelligent and his strategy changes with the circumstances. His response time to call-outs by the cage side coaches is near instantaneous which, quite frankly, is unheard of. But undefeated streaks tend to make big heads and overconfidence in the Octagon.

Both fighters are at the top of their game and should be shown serious respect. We shall see if one or the other overcome their respective drawbacks.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Khabib just takes everybody to the floor and is undoubtedly the best grappling fighter since Gracie

So I expect this fight is going to be every bit as Boring as the Khabib Mcgreggor fight

I’d much rather watch Mcgreggor Vs Gaethje tbh

So prediction from me is Khabib points win I hope to god I’m completely wrong and Gaethje drops Khabib coming in for a take down, while I absolutely admire Khabibs world class grappling & wrestling it really is boring watching him fight these days

Tbh I lost a lot of respect for Khabib since his mob of morons did that ringside dramatics acting like uncivilised animals, disrespectful to the professionalism of the UFC

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

Wow, thats a very iffy weigh-in. The bar was rising which means he was overweight. He didnt let it settle because he knew it wouldnt.
Not happy with that

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I wonder if Gathje loses if He'll be able to appeal based on the weigh-in.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
And Khabib wins 2nd round by triangle choke holy #### plus retired right after. Didn't see that coming. Khabib is just a terminator with constant pressure. Most of the fight was on the feet Justin landed a few shots and some nice low kicks and Khabib just didn't care. GG Khabib and good career. Has to be the GOAT. Not only undefeated but never even remotely in trouble in 29 fights. That's dominance.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SuicideKing33

Yup. And if doesn’t stay retired he would go up to WW and steal their souls as well.

Justin all but said he had an adrenaline dump and Wittman told him to slow it down, but The Eagle was putting it to him in the first — that dude is truly scary.

Hope his mom gives him permission to fight and he gets a hold of Colby Covington at WW.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
That mounted triangle was sweet.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ATruGod

No. The bout was sanctioned after he stepped off the scales — Gotta catch those scale shenanigans before he’s cleared to step off.

Khabib came in with a broken foot and had the mumps in September. Justin knows he lost fair and square. No excuses for either man. None offered either.

Can’t believe the ref missed Justin tapping on multiple times while stuck on top in that triangle. Bad miss by the ref.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Khabib is a cheater......after all of his diety based BS he is a cold blooded cheater.
If Khabib sees this video he is required to come forth immediatly and apologise to Justin and then he has to relinquish his belt until he can earn it again.

Retirement does not work now.

This is personal now....someone ruined Khabibs legacy on purpose to make him fight again....likely to make him fight GSP.....but this will not happen now.....Khabib will not allow himself to be framed like this after his career of staying true to his personal beliefs.

Khabibs Father would not have allowed this to happen....so out of respect Khabib must fix things.

I do believe this is far from a dead horse issue.

I wonder if the Hosts have anything to do with the graft and fraud....maybe billions were on the betting lines who knows.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATruGod
I wonder if Gathje loses if He'll be able to appeal based on the weigh-in.

I wonder if Khabib wants to forever be known as a cheater.....like I said once Khabib sees the video he will have to make a choice....for a Man who doesnt even like other people using his name to boost their own ratings one wou;l;d think he would do literally anything to preserve the legacy his Father helped him build.

When the fix went in to cheat on this fight it was Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov who was having his lifes work and his Family pissed on..... the first time Khabib had to do things without his Father his entire Team let him down.....this issue is on Khabibs Brothers and Sisters who were to caught up in the moment enjoying the fruits of the world to actually be there to properly support Khabib.......this has been an incredible letdown and MUST BE ATONED FOR.

Really to me...Khabib owes it to Justin to immediatly relinquish his belt to him on the condition of a Challenger rematch.....and Dana White owes it to everyone to help make that happen.

If or rather when Khabib watches these videos he will know he lost that fight...he is no fool and no liar or cheater.....I believe Khabib genuinely knew he was going to possibly be overweight....he knew.....he SUSPECTED....as a Man he owed it to himself to make extra sure because of his own selfdobts....he should have had his Team paying closer attention.....because as a Group those Brothers all let down their Father.

This is the way it will remain forever unless a MAN chooses to change history.....what a sad sad statement about a very great Man made by those who were closest to him....what a letdown.....if they really loved him they willl be speaking up by tomorrow to clear that mans name in the eyes of History....this is not about Khabib it is about what they did to his Fathers lifes work @ the FIRST CHANCE THEY GOT.

new topics

top topics

join