It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A lesson in knee jerking

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
In the ATS thread about Rudy with his hands in his pants:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

you can see how many members here were quick to judge Rudy based on one frame from the clip shown below. it was a Borat "gotcha" clip, but as you will see, not much relates at all to the OP penned by the above thread author.

twitter.com...

So it's a good lesson learned to NOT jump to conclusions based on some super flimsy material.
Rudy isn't compromised, it seems his only crime here was to be interviewed in a hotel room. I'm not sure that's really a crime.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Well it takes a special kind of stupid to think the purpose of a movie is to reveal a crime...

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Ah, yes, that thread.

Social engineers would/will be proud of their handywork.

The types that are less logical, emoters, gobble up fake news like it was a medium to rare steak.

edit on 23-10-2020 by maya27 because: Cos it's Friday again.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Rudy isn't compromised, it seems his only crime here was to be interviewed in a hotel room. I'm not sure that's really a crime.

People are saying he committed a crime? That's dumb.

It's not the handy shandy stuff, it's that he should not be allowing himself to be offering to 'relax' a reporter and agree to go into the bedroom for drinks after an interview. It's really compromising, especially given his position.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Sorry??? Can you possibly elaborate, go into some kind of intelligent detail as to what you are conveying here?

Afew sentences, or a paragraph will do.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yup. This was exactly the point i was making

People who engage in one night stands would be easily manipulated while in powerful positions

Its not a legal issue. Its a character issue.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Its not a legal issue. Its a character issue.

Agreed.

I used to like this guy, I had the chance to meet him often, my Yankee season tickets were right next to the ones he got for free from the team so I was able to have an occasional conversation with him. I like how he cleaned up NYC and respected what he did as DA. Now he's just acting like a compromised dirty old man.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

This seems to be the element that is hard to grasp, greed is easily corruptible, these people are greedy for power.

I really don't understand how any of these people that want power can be trusted by anyone at all.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

If you can be compromised by Borat, you have no business being in government. Especially at that high level. If a third rate comedian can compromise you imagine how easily someone who is trained to do that can.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
I really don't understand how any of these people that want power can be trusted by anyone at all.

I suppose if you have your head up your ass you'll believe them.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
No knee jerking here. Anyone that has seen Sasha Baron Cohen film knows his MO: disguises, cover stories, guerilla journalism; it is "gothca" through and through. I'm sure the naive and desperate among us would take a single photo from a film and extrapolate it into Rudy being guilty of sexual predation, but then again they likely don't know about how Cohen operates.

Rudy has done enough shady things in his personal "affairs" (in the literal meaning) to sully his reputation. Is he on his 3rd marriage now, or just single after 2 failed (ahem, ended after he cheated) ones?

All that said, the above has 0, zilch, to do with the Biden story, and does NOTHING to discredit the investigation into the laptop.

I find it very interesting that SURPRISE! non other than Sash Baron Cohen was a prime time guest on one of the tabloid morning talk shows today. MSM going FULL THROTTLE to drag Biden's carcass over the finish line, as they clearly are trotting Cohen out in a weak sauce attempt at character assassination aimed at Guillianni.

Cohen's work is as NON politically-correct as it comes and being honest I don't see how this is tolerated in the new era, where the SJW attack dogs swarm on material 100x less 'offensive' than this. OH that's right, Cohen's targets in this new film are mainly white people, and many times old white men, hahahaha, then let's all have a laugh then.

The comedic value of Cohen's work in its prime was fearless challenging of boundaries of decency, Borat was a satirical device that played on cultural unfamiliarity, a guy extremely 'out of place' in Western society, and it poked fun in some ways at an entire, innocent nation (Kazakhstan) as part of the gag. Making fun of Western cultural utilizing a Central Asian (heavily European influenced) character, I'm sorry to say, is VERY SAFE GROUND in 2020, artistically. Cohen's early work was all about SHOCK VALUE and TBH as mentioned the Borat meme is ..... played out now and not really pushing the envelope. I would love to see Cohen develop some acts that use a non SAFE setup, a la Dave Chappelle's "Black KKK" member, and see where that leads in this environment.

My read is that now Cohen, like many more Hollywood people, are very polarized politically, and unwilling to buck the system, unless that plays along with SJW narrative and doesn't ruffle feathers on the political left. If that has indeed become his style, then I think I'll pass on any of his new work.
edit on 23-10-2020 by SleeperHasAwakened because: Type fast and carry a big spellchecker

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: maya27

Movies are fiction, they're purpose is to entertain, even if there are real people involved it's intention in this case is satire not a criminal investigation.

So whoever takes this serious has gigantic intellectual problems, or a very lose relationship with reality.
Clear enough?

And the only kneejerking that took place is Trumpsters shooting through the roof over a #ing movie

edit on 23-10-2020 by Peeple because: add

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

If you can be compromised by Borat, you have no business being in government. Especially at that high level. If a third rate comedian can compromise you imagine how easily someone who is trained to do that can.

What government position does Rudy hold again? I know he was "America's mayor" years ago, but I'm having trouble remembering what office he holds ATM....

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

The Presidents lawyer. May not be an official government position, but it means he has close access to the President that most other people do not have. The person the President trusts with legal advice and a myriad of other things is compromised by a third rate comedian like some Texas rodeo promoter.

That’s the issue here.
edit on 23-10-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

He has access to POTUS. Direct access. Ie, advisor

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

The Presidents lawyer. May not be an official government position, but it means he has close access to the President that most other people do not have. The person the President trusts with legal advice and a myriad of other things is compromised by a third rate comedian like some Texas rodeo promoter.

That’s the issue here.

You're crazy.

Third rate??

So how are you rating, let's say Kathy Griffin, just out of curiosity...

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

He has access to POTUS. Direct access. Ie, advisor

Would you say Trump is more or less accessible to Rudy than Joe Biden is to Hunter Biden?
edit on 23-10-2020 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

So being compromised by a second rate or even a first rate comedian is preferable?

Lmao. Compromised is compromised. You’re just grasping at straws now.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Whataboutism will not provide clarity to the duscussion.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
I am glad that you are capable of recognizing that movies, and in particular, the Cohen skit on Giuliani is FICTION.

This is playground mentality. You must be very bored in your life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join