It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You little terrorist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Under the right (wrong) circumstances, there's a 100% chance that also You would conduct an act of terrorism.

I wonder how many new little terrorists we will have all over the world as we enter the age of global depression and war these coming decades.

How do you, or how do you think you would respond under the following environments:

1.) Extreme, long term hunger
2.) Unjustified, brutal maltreatment
3.) Emotional deep depression
4.) Hate
5.) Total life indifference
6.) Life threatening situation (Terrorize Vs Die)

Think before you respond

BR
Chinalurker

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Terrorism wouldnt solve any of those problems, and the situations dont justify terrorism.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I would probably resort to what alot of people seem to call terrorism, but I like to refer to it as Guerilla Tactics or Fourth Generation Warfare... But you bet your @$$ I would... It is our duty as human beings to free the opressed and make life better on earth for as many people as possible.

So my answer is yes I would...

P.S
Good post Chinalurker

EDIT:
They took out my @$$ dealie

[edit on 17-3-2005 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Suppose also the possibility that the intention of this topic is not to find a justification or solution for terrorism.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Delirious
Terrorism wouldnt solve any of those problems, and the situations dont justify terrorism.

Exactly!

Terrorism is bad - under ANY circumstance.

If one wishes to FIGHT a MILITARY - fine. That is what they are for - just leave the civilians out of it.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
If terrorism is bad or not depends on the situation and point of view.

One way to put it would be that it's usually good from the "terrorist" point of view, and less good from the "victim" point of view.

There's always a purpose and reason behind terrorism.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   
the truth of the matter is yes most people would.now before people start screaming think about this real life example.

in the beginning of ww2 the germans basicaly had a free march through europe. one place that threw in the towel was france. i use france as it is a country that has been popularized for it's resistance to the german occupation forces. now what form did this "resistance" movement take? why "terrorisim" of course. you are probably saying now, "that wasn't terrorism that was a lawfull resistace to an opresser". but it was Terrorisim.

what actions did they take? did they put on a uniform make up battalians, get weapons and fight the germans head on? no they did not. instead they fought in small groups or cells, wore civilian garb and did as much damage as they could. they ambushed the germans in any way they could. includeing bombing civilian areas to kill. were germans the only ones killed? no. many innocent civilians were killed. this was labled as "collateral damage". or to try to justify themselves a lot of civilians killed were "collaboraters".

what was a collaberater? why those who helped the germans to succead of course. also grouped under that heading were those who just tried to get along or even just served the occuping force by doing business with them. some collaberators were tortured or shot because they did not activly fight but instead were just trying to cope as best as they could. after the war there are reports of collaberaters being killed by the resistance movement these included such as people supplied services to the germans from working as servants for them to prostitution. that were protected while the germans held power.

now i have no love for the nazi ideals, but the fact is many germans in the military did not believe in them either. these men were just doing thier duty for thier country. some were conscripts.many on the other hand did support nazi ideals. this is neither here nor there. dureing the later years of the war many wounded and maimed soldures were the bulk of the occupiing force to free up men who could be used in the lines.

most people will agree that being soldures caries a certain risk. you put on a uniform and fight battles with your enimy. now add in terrorisim. you are in an area that is essentualy out of the war. you and a few mates are walkin back to base from the local bar. all of a sudden six people apear from the shadows and shoot you down.they are wearing no uniform they apear to be civilians, they styalize themselves as the movement to free france from the tyriny of the opressers, they are the resistance

you are haveing dinner at a small restraunt, there is a major talking to another officer at a nearby table. time comes to a sudden stop just as you wash down a piece of sasage a bomb goes off you, the officers, the seving staff, and anyone else nearby die. you have just been killed by a resistance placed bomb. are these not the acts of a terrorist?

yes they are. now we call them the brave men and woman of french resistance. those we hold up in aulderation of thier brave and dareing deeds. these are those whom our government supplied arms, amunition, money and explosives to. this is state sponsered terrorism.

without these people the winning of the war would have been less sure. we call them heros, true and brave. they have served thier country well. they did everything in thier power to help their allies against the opressers who have taken over thier land, thier homes. they tied up military forces. they helped rescue shot down aircrews. they spyed and sent reports back to the alies. some even bombed and destroyed military targets and embasies. they made life miserable indeed for the germans.

why were they so succesfull? because you could not be sure who was a part of them. they wore no uniform to identify themselvs to the germans. there was very little tell them apart. many inocents were rounded up to look for these vile personages, people held without any real charges, because they MIGHT be a part of the resistance. people were tortured, some where made to watch torture, some were raped, some were put into comprmiseing circumstances to get them to tell all they knew. but still they could not all be ferrited out.

does this not sound hauntingly like what we face today? you don't know when, where or how they will strike. is the government not takeing in people who are suspected of terroist activity, some being held without propper charges? from what i have seen and heard yes.

now how would you react to someone marching in and takeing your area over? what would you do to try to regain your freedom? like most americans and canadians i bet you will do WHATEVER it takes. i am farely certain i would. tho i would try to confine my targets to those of the enimy only. will i be able to do that without collateral damage? i doubt it. lets just hope we don't need to find out.

now what is going on today? well aparently some people "stole" the land called today isrial from the palistinians. at least this is how they see it it does not matter to them that some major countries prety much gave this land away. all that matters to them is that the area they lived in and loved has been taken over by a oppresser. an oppresser who they see as takeing away thier rights and freedoms. they don't want to live on a RESERVATION that has been set aside for them.

this then is the problem our countries have done the same thing ourselves hello native people. the only things that can be done to end isrials problem is to integrate both sides into a single society.either that or one side or the other must give up the fight and move. i for one just can't see that happening. north america is seen as a target because we are seenn to support isrial. if the french resistance had started thier activitys in germany would not we have aplodded them? most likely.

just as an after thought. the germans considered the resistance movement to be TERRORISTS. and they were. i do not support terrorisim but i can certainly understand where they are comeing from.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   
drogo,
You just earned yourself a "Way Above" vote from me for that post. Although it was kinda sloppy here and there none of it made any difference because you made up for it 10 fold based on the Content itself and the Context in which you presented it!! It was honest, simple, direct and complete. Now it's just a matter of whether or not others will understand it for what it is.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I think i am going to have to post a topic devoted to the issue of mandate.

Look at this in cuba, im using some of your "pre-conditions for terror" you posted:

1.) Extreme, long term hunger (Embargo on cuba?)
2.) Unjustified, brutal maltreatment (the fear of the coban govt of anything CIA or "counter revolutionary")
3.) Emotional deep depression (brought by the 2 above surely)
4.) Hate (negative worldwide image of commies thanks to US propaganda)

The mandate here can be seen like this.. commies are bad and need to be punished so if someone rebells against his "punishment" in Cuba.. he's a terrorist.

Any CIA operation that uses "terror tactics" (sabotage etc) is justified coz they have a mandate to punish cuba.

So yes your right those conditions breed unrest and rebellion (all that terror really is.. rebellion with home made weapons) but the label "terror" depends only if people see your cause a just (ie you have an ACCEPTED mandate).

Now with our wonderful tools of mass media we can give and take these "mandates" away from groups as we need to... freedomfighter one day terrorist the next.
It's all about the manufacturing of that consent.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by drogo
the truth of the matter is yes most people would.now before people start screaming think about this real life example.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I hope more people can see the parallels and realize that they too could be in the exact same position one day. A way above vote for you.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Here's my idea for a public awareness commercial:

Fade in:
A young Palestinian man with an AK-47 slung over his shoulder looks up and says to the camera "I'm a terrorist."
A young Phillipino man walks on the stage, wearing traditional muslim garb and holding a copy of the Quaran and says, "I'm a terrorist."
A young English boy with a laptop case and glasses walks up behind the Palestinian and puts his hand on the man's shoulder, saying, "I'm a terrorist."
This continues for a full 45 seconds, white men, black men, hispanics, young women, an elderly person or two, all walk on stage and say frankly to the camera "I'm a terrorist."

The end fades to black and a message pops up on the screen, it says: "Fear is not the answer, educate yourself."

Whadya think?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Here's my idea for a public awareness commercial:

The end fades to black and a message pops up on the screen, it says: "Fear is not the answer, educate yourself."

Whadya think?

Excellent. But why no women?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
If one wishes to FIGHT a MILITARY - fine. That is what they are for - just leave the civilians out of it.

Err i hate to say this but civillains have been fair game to the "military" since they were in range.

The idea that the military some how distinguishes between civillians and its own is a rediclulous thought!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Sofi
I included women! They're right there, between the old people and the hispanic people.

I wouldn't leave women out, I'm like one of those Russian guys by Brighton Beach, "I love women!"

I think it's the kind of commercial we need on television, right? Enough with the "If you smoke pot you're supporting terrorism."

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
terrorism is the only weapon of little men against the big boys....and it works...

....just goes to show that size doesnt matter

and besides, its only gonna get worse in the years to come, since for every terrorist you kill there are 3 new ones. And more you kill them, stronger they get. And USA think they gonna stabilize the middle east....please....

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
yeah no kidding,

this thread could very quickly turn into a "terrorist OR freedom fighter?" debate.

you're being extremely naive to ignore the fact that any form of killing is 'terrorism' to someone somewhere. and likewise that same killing could be anothers 'freedom-fight'.

as if dropping 'hiroshima's' is somehow more justified than a blowing up a bus. its killing innocents, either way.

recognizing that, no, i hope i would never resort to killing innocents. infact i would hope i would never kill anyone - even under the cirucumstances layed out.

i think the only reason i would ever kill would be for my family and loved ones. i dont care about my own life enough to kill for it.

great post chinalurker,

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Originally posted by Delirious

Exactly!

Terrorism is bad - under ANY circumstance.

I disagree, terrorism is a legitimate form of warfare and if you can't handle it then it only shows you truly recognize how great a power it is and you fear it.

I would attack civilians no problem. They must be guilty of something though.

If Bill Gates is responsible for the deaths of millions who should we attack? The US Government? What if the US Government protects him? Well We just Attack Bill Gates then.

BUT WAIT NOOOOOOOO

He's a Civilian you cry out...

who cares what you think, obviouly you are far behind the times and don't realize it's the civilians screwing up the world, not the army!

TERRORISM WORKS

YOU FEAR IT

IT IS LEGITIMATE

USE IT IF YOU NEED TO

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hey 00ps, has anyone told you yet, the guy in your avatar, running with a RPG, that looks like some kind of futuristic Nike advertisement.

Speaking of terrorists...

Corporations are terrorists, they strike fear into the hearts of consumers in order to increase sales; with messages like:

1) If you don't wear our cologne and anti-persperant girls won't have sex with you!
2) If you don't drink our beer girls won't have sex with you!
3) If you don't buy these sunglasses, girls won't have sex with you!
4) If you don't drive this car, girls won't have sex with you!

That's terrifying! Companies sell dreams mostly...

My dad always said, the only real money's in dreams and death, people never stop dreaming, and they never stop dying.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinalurker
Under the right (wrong) circumstances, there's a 100% chance that also You would conduct an act of terrorism.

I wonder how many new little terrorists we will have all over the world as we enter the age of global depression and war these coming decades.

How do you, or how do you think you would respond under the following environments:

1.) Extreme, long term hunger
2.) Unjustified, brutal maltreatment
3.) Emotional deep depression
4.) Hate
5.) Total life indifference
6.) Life threatening situation (Terrorize Vs Die)

Think before you respond

BR
Chinalurker

Although your post is a good one and you get your point out, its moot. You are basically saying that if anybody grew up in the exact settings that some of these "terrorists" grew up in they would be a terrorist too. Of course!!! But conversly, if those people grew up in rural Kansas milking cows and tending chickens they WOULDNT become a terrorist. Your point is moot.

I give you credit for your point, but it really doesnt mean or prove anything.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
A young Palestinian man with an AK-47 slung over his shoulder looks up and says to the camera "I'm a terrorist."

This young Palestinian lost his father, grandfather, uncle, brother and cousin to Isreali soldires. In 1947 under the cover of the UN his people are under occupation. And hate and revenge is all he knows. If he was born in the USA he would now play Playstation 2 go with his friends to the club and would probably see his 25th birthday.

Was he born in the wrong place at the wrong time?

What about the young boy born in Congo that is now beeing recruited by the local milita to fight for them, to shoot, to kill, to rape? Nobody really cares about this boy! Everybody's focused on these muslim terrorists and how to catch them, how to kill them and how to finally defeat them.

The world wide phenomenon of terrorism is closly associated with the world wide rotten capitalism, where big corporations rule the world without borders and without rules and conventions. Their only fear is the price on the stock market and their only weapon is fear. Those men are the real terrorists, using fear to terroise this planet into their filthy war games. And those men "created" the world wide phenomenon of terrorism with their neverending desire to divide and conquer the lands of this planet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join