It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I had sneezed

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Just dropping this here, in case anyone here needs inspiration for today.

A beautiful speech given by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on April 3 1968. I remember catching this on the radio probably an hour after he gave it. Thinking what a pasting he had just given folks like George Wallace

And less than one day later he was assasinated. And I remember being confused at first, wondering if someone had misinterpreted this speech. Only to find out, in horror, he had been killed.

I will always remember where I was when I found out MLK had been murdered. Just as I remember where I was when the news about JFK being murdered, or on 9/11/01

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Thank you.

But gosh darn it my screen sure got blurry....

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

What a truly magnificent orator!

And what a great loss for all humanity, not just America.

edit on 22/10/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I wonder what Martin Luther King would think about life in 2020. Would he be sympathetic to BLM? I doubt it. He was a proponent of society accepting everyone to have equal opportunity. I doubt he would support reparations either.

It's unfortunate that we're a few generations past MLK's struggle and still so far from the "dream".

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Made me teary eyed hearing this again, such a shame we lost him so young we sure could use an MLK today

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Yessir! I remember being memorized listening to him speak, maybe it's the tone of his voice, the sincerity of his message, the strength of his convictions or just the times...but man did it feel like he was speaking right from his heart to yours

What a loss! But the changes he inspired and the lives he touched went on to do so much good

His legacy is certainly a shining light ☺️ I wish he could have seen how big of an impact he had. Kind of like Tesla, who died without knowing how truly successful he was or would come to be

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Agreed LG, I think he would have been able to keep the peace, and help many focus their desire to do good into constructive and purposeful pursuits while weeding out those who wanted to invite chaos

So far from "the dream" and yet I believe he would have never and would not give up on our pursuit of it 😁

What a great man

new topics

join