It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Today fact checks Babylon Bee ... Progressives have no sense of humor.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Really, USA today is "fact-checking" a Babylon Bee article ... while admitting that it's a satire website. I don't think that these people even understand the concept of satire.

A brief summary of the aritcle, then some comments:

Essentially, they are trying to make sure that their readership is aware of the fact that a SATRICAL article published by the Bayblon Bee is not true. The "fact-check" even includes a brief profile of the 9th circuit court judge mentioned in the Babylon Bee article.

I laughed out loud at this USA Today article more than I did at the Babylon Bee's satire. I mean, this is just bizarre. Beyond bizarre.

First, it tells me that the folks at USA Today consider their readers to be so damn stupid that they can't even distinguish between reality and satire. That assumption is understandable given that:

1. Most of their readers are progressives who are stupid and completely devoid of any ability to process humor.
2. The people who write for USA Today are all of the same ilk.

There are a few of issues a play here, though.

One is that we have, as I have mentioned many times on this site and in other places, come to a point culturally where satire often reflects reality more accurately than what passes for news. One can often gleam more of the truth from satire than one can from so-called news reports. Given such, the left is afraid of satire. I believe that there is a five-step relationship that a culture goes through in regards to satire. We are at presently between stages three and four, moving quickly to stage five if people do not wake up.

Another is that, as has been observed in many places, progressive and progressives are for the most part devoid of the cognitive ability to understand, process, produce and react to humor on any level. Michael Knowles explains Why the Left Can't Meme in this excellent video presentation.

Third is just that these people are #in' idiots.

*The linked essay is an original work of mine released under the Creative Commons license. It may be shared by reproducing the link to the document on Google Drive. You are welcome to share the link, but please do not copy and past it.

:
edit on 2020 10 22 by incoserv because: typo.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

No sense of humor and, apparently, no #cking brains or reading comprehension.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

And these people vote, engage the political process and reproduce.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: KansasGirl

And these people vote, engage the political process and reproduce.

😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yes, and Facebook demonetized the Bee for basically rehashing a Monty Python joke using Maizie Hirono and ACB as the main players. Facebook claimed the Monty Python witch burning scene from Holy Grail "incites violence" or some such rubbish.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
the fact that there is a flat earth thread and it has over 100 pages on this site tells me there are a lot of people who can't think, don't know how to use logic, deny ignorance,have critical thinking....so not surprised at all

a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

So it's up to Fakebook to save us from ourselves? Who watches the watchmen?

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The video meme made me go lol in my pants. Click all the boxes with the President. Greatness.

Maybe the Left is comprised of autistic lights. Asperger syndrome people have a hard time reading facial expressions, getting jokes, and some certainly can’t control emotions (not unlike the videos of people screaming).

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It's a red herring to keep people off the scent of the current scandal 😃

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Really, USA today is "fact-checking" a Babylon Bee article ... while admitting that it's a satire website. I don't think that these people even understand the concept of satire.

The President himself retweeted a Babylon Bee article thinking it’s true. Maybe if the President wasn’t so gullible and stupid newspapers wouldn’t have to fact check a satirical website.

Link

I guess what you said about the media applies to the President too, right?

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

The Babylon Bee isn't a real bee.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And Babylon is called Baghdad now. I mean.....I could twist this into a joke, but it pretty much already is.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It Is the Bee of Babylon mentioned in scripture. Kinda like the Tower of Malarky.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The problem IS NOT that progressives have no Humor the problem is The Right treats Running a Country as a Joke .
after all who is the rights master Troll why TRUMP and you praise him for it .

And what little Humor Trump did bring grow stale ten mints after he was swore in .

Yes we Know how running the Government is a Big reality tv Trump show and I for one hope this show is cancelled .
But hey I could be joking or trolling RIGHT lolol

new topics

top topics

join