It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Will Announce an 'Exciting New Discovery About The Moon' on Monday

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Now what we would call exciting and what NASA call exciting are probably two different things but the new discovery was made using the Observatory for Infrared Astronomy which is housed within a Boeing 747 in our stratosphere.

This time, the observatory has turned its sights much closer to home. The "new discovery contributes to NASA's efforts to learn about the Moon in support of deep space exploration", the agency states.

Participants of the media briefing include Naseem Rangwala from NASA's Ames Research Center who is a project scientist for the SOFIA mission, and Jacob Bleacher, chief exploration scientist for the Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate at NASA.

We'll find out more about the discovery on Monday, but NASA makes it clear it will have some bearing on the Artemis program - the ambitious plan to send humans back to the lunar surface in 2024 as a waypoint to start exploration of Mars in the 2030s.
www.sciencealert.com...

Hopefully it's exciting in a way that ticks another box for our return to the Moon or perhaps they've found evidence of Clangers , I hope it's Clangers but a ticked box is fine too.
edit on 22-10-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I'm guessing they found a huge reservoir of water ice.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It's Mr Spoon.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Probably has something to do with water being found in substantial quantities much closer to the surface than previously known.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I knew it, it really is made of cheese. Cartoons were right all along.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
NASA will announce that the moon is now being sponsored by Amazon. Starting next year, NASA, in partnership with Amazon, will begin sending a series of supply drops to the moon in order to create a giant Amazon logo across the front of the moon. During every full moon, Amazon Prime members will receive special pricing and promotions.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
If it's so exciting why not just tell us now

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

They found ice. So now they don't need to bring water.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I hope it's something exciting like the location of the secret NAZI moon base.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Probably has something to do with water being found in substantial quantities much closer to the surface than previously known.

No it could detect water in the atmosphere but you wouldn't get anything on the interior. Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy is a plane that can examine molecules in an atmosphere as light passes through it. This means they discovered something in the moon's atmosphere we didn't know was there. Could be water but I'm betting its helium hydride but we shall see.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tortuga
It's Mr Spoon.

Can't be, they haven't found a button yet. Unless......

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I heard at work that moons quakes have put the trajectory of the moon in a motion, and it will crash into the earth in 2026.
Ground zero is still being calculated, but it matters little.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

NASA Will Announce an 'Exciting New Discovery About The Moon' on Monday

They have observed that China has began mining.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I guess that would be exciting , in a way.

As long as you don't work as an astronomer I think we're OK.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
the moon is only like the size of a softball, we will be OK I think. Especially if it hits when it's just a sliver and not full.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Dear inhabitants of the moon,

If the Earth freaks announce they have discovered oil or anything minable on the moon, you're screwed. We're already screwed down here, just giving you a heads up because, for instance, soon it will be common knowledge that the earth freaks oil/mineral is under your dirt therefore you are the ones who will have the problem, that's how the freaks do business down here..

If you have any spare death stars lying around, I suggest using them on us now - don't hesitate.

You can thank me later.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I think the news is the Moon is completely free of Covid.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Its cheese. I knew it.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well, that's too bad.
I was really hoping for this year.

I'm going with water/ice as well.
Nothing fun like an alien base.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 02:53 PM