It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Your (Chinese) Facebook Censors

page: 1

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I guess this should be no surprise. You need experience in censorship? Well hell, let's hire some experts from China on H1-B Visas to teach our AI how to censor correctly.

As we have mentioned before, your cable company cannot censor out netflix or hulu or websites they don't want to show you. If you believe in Net Neutrality then you have to believe in Social Media neutrality. Now we have Facebook and Twitter censoring the 4th largest newspaper in the United States because their news stories are negative to their chosen political candidate. This has to be addressed.

nypost.com...

China is one of the most censorious societies on Earth. So what better place for ­Facebook to recruit social media censors?

There are at least half a dozen “Chinese nationals who are working on censorship,” a former Facebook insider told me last week. “So at some point, they [Facebook bosses] thought, ‘Hey, we’re going to get them H-1B visas so they can do this work.’ ”

It’s called Hate-Speech Engineering (George Orwell, call your office), and most of its members are based at Facebook’s offices in Seattle. Many have Ph.D.s, and their work is extremely complex, involving machine learning — teaching “computers how to learn and act without being explicitly programmed,” as the techy website DeepAI.org puts it.

Facebook Hires Chinese Censorship Experts To Censor YOU

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This all goes back to the Clintons... they opened the door to the Chinese.

The Bidens are certainly on the Chinese payroll... the NBA kisses their collectivist arses... as do the mainstream media.

The Chinese LOVE censorship, and the Democrats do as well.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
We still using F.B.??.mine have been dormant for gwaad knows how long.

edit on 22-10-2020 by Spider879 because: Fix stuff

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Somehow this dovetails into Operation Dragonfly that hasn’t quite gotten off the ground in the US as in mainland China with regards to facial recognition, social scores, and societal engineering on a very personal scale.

Not yet anyway. However thank you OP for illuminating a much more prescient issue now dictates our public discourse

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Well asI ong as people stop volunteering their whole life to the internet that social scoring program would not be very effective. Yes, even the stupid sandwich someone eats at a 7th avenue deli could be leveraged against you or turned into intelligence to track you.

Be spontaneous and never share any of your routines.

edit on 10-22-2020 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I heard about a similar story on NPR last year; believe it was also FB.

All of these companies have burgeoning departments staffed with researchers/experts in the fields of AI/Natural Language Processing.

The story I heard was about a "feature" where the system could detect quote-unquote inappropriate text, as the user was typing it, and auto-suggest a more quote-unquote appropriate sentence to replace the original text. "Thought Police", apprising you of your Miranda Rights in real-time, through your keyboard.

The problem, of course, should be immediately apparent: who gets to determine what does/doesn't constitute "inappropriate" text??.

I have never opened a Facepage or Tweeter or InstGrump account; many in my social circles had, over the years, looked mildly askance at this choice. I value my privacy, not just from other social media users, but the operators of the system itself.

I recall when FB was initially gaining momentum around 10-12 years ago. I watched with dismay as major media sites, web forums, EVEN MUNICIPAL AND GOVERNMENT AGENCIES, began dumping their own discussion boards and notification systems, switching en masse to Facebook. I recall thinking at the time, what an utter hair-brained idea this was, both strategically (i.e. single point of failure, FB goes down, massive chunks of society's communication infrastructure are inoperable) and ethically (if I want to participate as a user on some news discussion site....why are you telling me I need to register at Facebook??). The suits and talking heads that run such enterprises only see the world as $$$. If they can outsource the hosting of their communication and notification apparatus to somebody else, they will make that call in a nanosecond. Quick, ditch our internal IT group; just don't look the FB gift horse in the mouth. "Suckerburger is saving us loads of moolah!" Nobody stopped to think about the long-term ramifications I mentioned above.

What happens if FB has a data breach? Or it is compromised? If it shuts down, goes belly up? What if their systems fail or they can no longer accommodate growth of new users/subscribers? You can think of dozens of bad scenarios.

And what happens if FB's positions, social outlook, policies, no longer reflect ours? What if there is a disagreement between us and FB on content or what does/doesn't constitute "hate speech"?

Finally, as a technology person who is in the inside of a similar large company, who knows people that have come/go to/from places like Facebook, Google, Apple, Twitter etc etc, I'll ask you: where do you think these companies are pulling the vast, VAST majority of their engineering, development, support and now "hate speech analysis" resources from? Wichita? San Jose? Raleigh? Italy? Brazil? Japan?

Doesn't it stand to reason, statistically, if a single country holds roughly 1.4Bn people, closing in on 20% of the entire world's population, that this place will dwarf all other places globally as a source of young people, of varying degrees of skill and motivation, but nevertheless sheer human ammunition to attend university, pick up marketable skills, and fill job openings, particularly positions with high technical requirements that pay a lot of $$$?

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Same here. I finally made one mainly for my business in February this year, after a decade of people asking why I don't have one. And if course as soon as I do all the dirty truth comes out as I've always really known in the back of my head. I haven't made a post in 2-3 months hope they shut in down. Been thinking of closing my main and business pages and leaving them a nice FU as a reason why. I only have it open for 1 reason at the moment.

This article is no suprise.
edit on 10/22/2020 by 772STi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Well, the article is more about censorship than Chinese influence. I think the takeaway is that they are seeing how chinese tech experts could help them.

It's also a subtle form of censorship, such as down ranking someone's post.

Big tech is having too much power. The anwser is to have people start using alternative options (such as duckduckgo).

Maybe the government should intervene at this point. Usually the anwser is for consumers to vote with their money/attention but they failed with that.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
So instead of having a business run there business you want to Force them to let things they dont want ?
You know I could care less if gays want to become legal partners But telling a bakery THEY MUST make a cake is NOT in this governments' mandate or telling a church they Must marry them .

Freedom of choice miens When you have a business you have the the RIGHT to refuse service to ANYONE including news .
Buy making LAWS saying a Business like fb of twitter MUST post news you are then able to force them to post what ever propaganda you are pushing .

The Right leans JUST as MUCH towards china style Government as the left the very fact this is post in the manner it is shows that .

Posters here claim the news loves dems left ( now I have seen many news shows that are NOT flattering for Biden But even if it is True its called freedom of press .

You also have the FREEDOM to turn the channel there are MANY news sites on line I know a really good NOMN bias one my self i watch a lot .
Use your freedom of choice you say CCN is left wing watch fox you say they are watch any one i could post a 100 right wings news sites if i wanted .

Why does Trump use twitter if he is so against what they censer anyway ? Trump is a HYpacrite him self there are many OTHER sites and if he LIKES NON he has BILLIONS of dollars he can make one called Trumps Bull heck I would go jsut to see the hot women he post about lol .

MAN HICKS IS HOTTER then AZ in JULY .

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

It goes back with clinton.

It should end at trump.

The chinese and democrats love cencorship...trump loves nda

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I was against Net Neutrality when it came up during Obama’s pharaoh reign. It is recorded in the annals of this website. Obama was working on behalf of the UN.
Prior to that, Yahoo got in some trouble with Congress over helping China censor content behind the “The Great Firewall
Of China”. I guess the other Tech Giants got into that biz.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
DUDE TRUMP IS CALLING FOR Government CONTROLED censorship of social media .
You guys are MORE left then ANY left person I know .

Dont posted what Trump does NOT like and FORCED to post what he does .
YEA sure the Right is SO MUCH for freedom of speech .

Tell your self any thing you want to the rest of the world we see who you really are (

HERE IS THE RIGHTS WISH LIST Trump Leader for LIFE

ONE and ONLY ONE party system !
Social media censorship IN the FORM of THEY MUST post what the Government mandates and MUST sensor what They tell them to .

This country is already there The only question to answer is what THE PART will call them self see we Only have ONE party NOW .

Calling a DEMACRAT a REPUBLICAN is as easy as changing the box TRUMP CHECKED after all TRUMP WAS registered DEM !

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
You know whats really funny FIRST THING TRUMP SHUTS DOWN if he became leader for LIFE is SITES LIKE ATS lol.
Second thing thou Kind of Guys do is round up all the fanatic's that say they love them and JAIL them they DONT want people who constantly question ever move a Government official makes .

Even With your dream it will be your nightmare as YOU are First to be ROUNDED up after all Its ONLY Trump you love and with out the so called left to hate you will just focus On Judges and Other government leaders heck quite few Republican people in government YOU want OUT .

You do Relise China has protesting you do relise Russia failed china will and every other one .

YOU CANT FORCE your ideology On every one who doe snot agree that Trump is great It does NOT WORLK FOR china it wont work for you .

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar
Okay, we get your passionate about this and all things Trump, but please slow down and take your time with typing. Take a moment to reread what you typed up before hitting reply.

Eventually I can get the general idea of what you're saying, but sometimes I feel like I reread what you've typed more than you.

Not trying to bash you or "mansplain", just trying to help have actual dialogue instead of yelling tangents.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

A very typical misrepresentation of the matter attempting to bring accountability to what is a conspiracy to target free thought and contrary viewpoints on multiple global media platforms by an aligned technocracy. In fact ATS does not even qualify under the purview of what is being reccomend. Of course this is quite typical of you and the other fools tripping over themselves to defend the 20th century cabal of evil. Quite indicative of the control they have gained over your mind.

Good luck trying to come to terms with your existence after the president's re-election.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
This all goes back to the Clintons... they opened the door to the Chinese.

The Bidens are certainly on the Chinese payroll... the NBA kisses their collectivist arses... as do the mainstream media.

The Chinese LOVE censorship, and the Democrats do as well.

You know what the most ironic part in all of this is? Apart from hiring communists from one of the worst dictatorships in the world to suppress Americans and our "evil ideals about freedom"?... The worst part is that if you want to find a real racist type of government the CCP is the one, and the left is hiring CCP thugs to also oppress Americans whom dare defy the left...

Racism is really systemic in China. The CCP indoctrinates, and has been doing so for decades, their people into believing the Chinese is the best race in all of Earth. It's called "Han supremacism..." (Which in their minds doesn't include other Asian people like the Japanese believe it or not)

Here is an example of the REAL "systemic racism" that the CCP has been indoctrinating their people on, Han supremacism, against Mongols.

A statement of solidarity with the people of Southern Mongolia

SMHRIC
September 19, 2020
New York

The Committee on the Present Danger: China decries the Chinese Communist Party's latest act of aggression against the Captive Nation of Southern Mongolia. The CCP's mandate to replace instruction in the Mongolian language with Mandarin Chinese in all Mongolian schools demonstrates the Party's determination to impose not merely communism upon captive peoples, but to destroy the cultural ties that unite them. By doing so, Beijing has added to its already long list of deplorable infringements on the lives and dignity of the Southern Mongolian people.

These include: severe predations of Han supremacism-driven repression of the native Mongol population; the expropriation of its property; ethnic-cleansing; destruction of the environment; and persistent attempts at cultural eradication.

By seeking to eliminate the Mongol language, the Chinese Communists seem bent next on the unchecked extermination of those who speak it. To their credit, Southern Mongolians are standing up to the CCP by courageously engaging in mass protests of its so-called "Second Generation Bilingual Education" - a deliberately misleading descriptor designed to obscure the true purpose of this policy: namely, the complete Sinicization of Southern Mongolia.

Southern Mongolian Human Rights information Center

edit on 24-10-2020 by ElectricUniverse because: add excerpt and link.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
You do Relise China has protesting you do relise Russia failed china will and every other one .

YOU CANT FORCE your ideology On every one who doe snot agree that Trump is great It does NOT WORLK FOR china it wont work for you .

It's official...Either you are a Chinese spy whom can't type a single sentence in proper English, or you are simply mad... Or both...

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Dear china,

Enjoy the pasting we've been giving you, militarily, socially, economically, and in every category that counts. It's only going to get worse.

Some day, in the not so distant future, there will be an accounting of china's destruction and subversion, along with an exacted revenge.

They've stolen our secrets and intellectual property for years. Whether they lack the expertise to compete with us on our level or are simply lazy, I cannot say. But communist china (the illegitimate china, Taiwan is the real China) must pay for this.

They've murdered our citizens, attacked our economy, interfered in our elections, shattered the sense of security Americans have fought so hard to enjoy AND stole the futures of countless American small business owners & those in their employ. Communist china must pay dearly for this!

They must pay a price so high and so absolute that no doubt can be left as to who has who's boot on who's throat.

All I know is that any scenario that ends without the real China taking over all of fake-china's economy, military, territory, influence, etc is and should not be acceptable by Americans.

As usual, every minute we wait is a minute longer they have to prepare making it more likely they can resist the onslaught of total war.

When fake-china is gone, Nationalist China (Taiwan) will rise as a great power of the world and will aid us in pursuing communism wherever it rises.
edit on 10/26/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join