It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If People Live In The Future 100 Years From Now Then People Live In The Future 1 Hour From Now

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 21-10-2020 by azvol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

And that's just some of the problems involved, which tends to make the entire subject somewhat exasperating.

I used to study time travel, but I gave up on it years from now.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
And what this means is that the "me living in the future 1 hour from now" has already eaten the sandwich I was getting ready to make, and the "me living in the future 5 seconds from now" has already typed out the next sentence that comes after this one. I just hope it turns out to be something clever.

We are always in the present, never past or future. So "future me" is something we can't observe. We will never experience "future me" because reality is always "present me". We can just pretend to imagine exactly what the future will be like, but we can't mentally tap into the future. Imagine if an alien race had this ability, as natural as our opposable thumb, to see the future.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
You can only travel forward in time and the speed limit is A Nano Second at a time.

Time is merely a human construct that ironically enough is not aging well in the time of quantum physics.

To some, time is the 4th dimension that we are all moving through.

Once you realize that time is but a human construct and not "real", then you can begin to understand other things.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

You may enjoy these videos.

Best one:

edit on 21-10-2020 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

And what this means is that the "me living in the future 1 hour from now" has already eaten the sandwich I was getting ready to make, and the "me living in the future 5 seconds from now" has already typed out the next sentence that comes after this one. I just hope it turns out to be something clever.

We are always in the present, never past or future. So "future me" is something we can't observe. We will never experience "future me" because reality is always "present me". We can just pretend to imagine exactly what the future will be like, but we can't mentally tap into the future. Imagine if an alien race had this ability, as natural as our opposable thumb, to see the future.

Almost every human being on this planet lives both in the past and the future.

There are very few people capable of living in the present.

Most let the past influence their lives and let their worries, fears and dreams of the future control the rest of it.

They just think they are living in the present, without realizing that they are not experiencing the present at all.

~Lumenari~

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well duh.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I already read this thread.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

May be you are not "present me" but either "past me" or "future me. Present me not in fact possible because its a moving target. I would favour we are living in the past, thus we are the past. Or we could be the future, now that requires some more thought, setting the scene or the path.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

I already read this thread.
So what does the next post say and can you get your head around it? Or is it the previous post!
edit on 22-10-2020 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   
If time travel into the future and back again became possible, then I could travel 365 days into the future, spend the day there and then return home in the evening. Tomorrow I could then set off again and travel 364 days into the future, spend the day there and then return> The next day I go 363 days, and so on ...... So in a years time there would be 365 of me existing at the same time.

I could do the same going back into the past, except I'm sure I'd remember meeting another 364 of me. So obviously I never do that ....

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   

You can make plans about what you want to do with the day but those plans may not always work out because you don't know what the future holds in say.... 5 mins from now

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Majic

but I gave up on it years from now.

hahaha. Was that Majic 1 or an alternative Majic x from another time line branch?

( why is it you admins & moderators have some of the best avatars? )

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

then you can begin to understand other things.

Such as "have we met in another timline?" Your avatars eyes are so hauntingly beautiful.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

You must have posted before I edited and better clarified that statement. We are in total agreement.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Imagine the time paradoxes if a scientist gave you a time machine and instead of travelling century's back you just traveled back to meet yourself one week ago and convinced yourself from a week ago get in the time machine and take the place of you one week in the future as you take the place of the you one week in the past.
Surly those sort of temporal incursions would get the attention of the time police.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

It's almost like everything's set out , we're just following the groove.

That suggests there is not freewill so how is this remedied?

Multiverse of course so there maybe a near infinite paths that I will take. This is the exact nature of reality and how you reconcile freewill with destiny.

Much like a choose your own adventure.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaint

So this means I need not go the gym tonight as future me is already there working out, future future me has finished, washed and catching up on Netflix and future future future me is in my bed upstairs (in an aligning dimension) dreaming my dreams !!

Either dreaming or Jeffery Toobin it... Your destiny hasn't been written yet, the choice is yours.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The future is the NOT-CREATED non-existence that exists as God fulfills the absolute definition of perfect omnipresence which means God must exist even inside of absolute non-existence. (The rock too heavy for the omnipotence to lift.) Only the past and infinitesimal instances of the Present exist as they are created and occupied by omnipresence. Yet God required upon Itself to be perfect that It must exist even inside of non-existence. Spacetime is generated so non-existence "exists" as all the future. Having taken ownership of this, absolute omnipresence is accomplished. God is now complete and perfect.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

originally posted by: gortex

It's almost like everything's set out , we're just following the groove.

Multiverse of course so there maybe a near infinite paths that I will take. This is the exact nature of reality and how you reconcile freewill with destiny.

Much like a choose your own adventure.

Yes I have an idea of infinite timelines like a web both past and future. This time lattice is made of infinte time lines of probable past and future that intersect with each other. Our brains need to perceive 3d forward linear time or we would go insane but perhaps there are dimensional beings that can perceive the totality of the web of time. I really want to work out this idea some time in artwork

top topics

<< 1   >>

join