It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If People Live In The Future 100 Years From Now Then People Live In The Future 1 Hour From Now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
And what this means is that the "me living in the future 1 hour from now" has already eaten the sandwich I was getting ready to make, and the "me living in the future 5 seconds from now" has already typed out the next sentence that comes after this one. I just hope it turns out to be something clever.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

So this means I need not go the gym tonight as future me is already there working out, future future me has finished, washed and catching up on Netflix and future future future me is in my bed upstairs (in an aligning dimension) dreaming my dreams !!

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

It's almost like everything's set out , we're just following the groove.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
But how do we know people live 100 years from now? If you have proof of this, it is still not going to be the same people that are living now with a few exceptions, babies now and very old then.
edit on 10 21 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Nobody knows which I guess is why the title was "If People Live In The Future 100 Years From Now".
Just saying.

Personally I doubt we will be , at least not in the relative utopia we live in now.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
And what this means is that the "me living in the future 1 hour from now" has already eaten the sandwich I was getting ready to make, and the "me living in the future 5 seconds from now" has already typed out the next sentence that comes after this one. I just hope it turns out to be something clever.

but if you saw something like a squirrel, you may have wandered off and never typed the last sentence. Would the squirrel have still had a bushy tail?

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

but if you saw something like a squirrel, you may have wandered off and never typed the last sentence. Would the squirrel have still had a bushy tail?

And at this point you then realise that too many of our great scientists depart this planet without answering the truly big questions.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If time travel should ever be invented, then it has already been invented.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
You can only travel forward in time and the speed limit is A Nano Second at a time.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Tomorrow will not be an exact copy of today. You are not the same person you were last year and you will not be the same person next year that you are now.
edit on 21-10-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

But your soul was given to you at conception and will remain the same up to your death.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I already didn't do today what I won't do tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

And the future is very crowded...what with all the "Future Us'es" occupying it.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I stopped wandering off after squirrels after I got stuck in that tree the last time.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
But your soul was given to you at conception and will remain the same up to your death.

I disagree. Your Soul never changes.

Your body does. The Soul is not a body part.

You have the same Soul in this life as you had in your last life and the same Soul you will have in your next life.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This is a thought experiment i’ve done. if we take the longest living humans of today (say 120 yrs) than all we can prove has existed is 240 yrs total combining a baby born this second and living 120 yrs and someone just passing at 120. this takes into account quantum physics that says we must “observe” the world for it to be real. So you have this group of time all flowing like a river or the slide ruler.... we can’t prove 1 sec ago existed excerpt for observation which is illusion but self fulfilling. So again, only 120 yrs back and forward exists in some kind of shared illusion. it’s like the “last thursday” the universe was created theory. it’s also why we live in the most interesting and most boring of times. Also why our past is so wound up like a spring loaded toy and the future is almost wound up like the big bang (also an illusion) but wound up or down based on plank length or speed of light times the period light takes to cross such a boundary.
edit on 21-10-2020 by drewsocean because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2020 by drewsocean because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
You can only travel forward in time and the speed limit is A Nano Second at a time.
No, it’s smaller. it’s the speed of light crossing at plank length which is much much smaller and faster

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
But how do we know people live 100 years from now? If you have proof of this, it is still not going to be the same people that are living now with a few exceptions, babies now and very old then.
Ah! see my post.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

Sadly I've used that reasoning with friends. We've never had anyone come back to talk to us. Unless they come discreetly as not to create paradox's
edit on 21-10-2020 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

Plank time is the smallest unit
Ah someone beat me to it
edit on 21-10-2020 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Read King’s The Langoliers for greater detail of your concept.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join