It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OxyContin maker to plead guilty to federal criminal charges

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: vonclod
Sell the poison, and the cure..win, win!

It's just what I always wanted, the government involved with selling drugs, because it worked so well when the government was involved with the railroads, automakers and banking.

China didn't like it so much when Great Britain dabbled with the drug trade.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Make no mistake, Americans will find new sources for the little opiate nirvana to keep them thinking we're alright 😉

Whatever happened to supply and demand? The country which consumes the most drugs should have the most suppliers.

And remember, never ever decriminalize all drugs. That's what the dems want. It just won't work.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charliebrowndog
a to: vonclod
Agree much of the blame is to be placed on the manufacturers and the doctors. There are lots of irresponsible Dr that like to push pills when a couple Tylenol would have worked fine.

Have seen the result in a former job of people getting hooked on these when they probably could have went without the prescription. Too much money is involved

Yes, the drug was marketed that way, like it was something "not so bad" but effective. It was effective alright, but just as addictive as any opiate. There were pill/pain clinics set up all over, Dr's were sold on it..they made a mint.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Where is the 8 billion going?

I

But I would like to know what happens if you take both if these at the same time...

All that being said it will still be producing painkillers including OcyContin, as well as drugs to treat opioid overdoses.

It depends. If you take opiates regularly and havena tolerance you will go into immediate withdrawal ifmyou take naltrexone etc... With opiates. But you wont die.

If youre a normal person who accidentally takes too much medication by accident you will still not die but have less of an issue with severe withdrawal symptoms setting in within minutes.

Yep, it's called precipitated withdrawal.... Or precip.....

And it is awful..

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Oxicodon (oxycontin) got me through the worst period of my life. Without it I would have committed suicide just to escape the pain. I have no doubt about that. I got off it OK. Seems like a prescription issue with doctors that may be a problem to me.

I was on it for 2 years.

Edit: I was on 20mg slow release in the morning then 8 to 10 times 5 mgs through the course of the day finally ending with another 20mg slow release as well as a relatively strong neuropathic painkiller.

Addiction is a choice.
edit on 21-10-2020 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
doesnt matter.
the scumbag family who owns it, the sackler family, will never go to jail.
they merely sell heroin to 'cattle'

they are still wealthy beyond reasoning, for selling opium.

much like the rothhschils did to the chinese, much like the money lenders have been doing for decades.

we are just cattle to these rich dirtbags, and they will continue to poison us to make their 'profits' bigger.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx
I have had quite a few purdue parties in my time. (NEVER been addicted or started shooting up)

The opiate overdose epidemic is not from Percocet's
(which is getting harder and harder for people in REAL NEED AND PAIN TO GET WITH OUT SPECILIAST and having to personally take the prescription to the pharmacy with a 30 day on the dot almost out of medication refills)

The overdose opiate epidemic is DIRECTLY CORRELATED TO CHEAP FENTANYL SMUGGLED FROM CHINA MIXED WITH HERION.....
If you are a heroin addict and your # is cut with CHEAP fentanyl YOUR USUAL DOSE is deadly....

We legalize heroin and addicts know exactly what they are getting without overdosing.
Use the money on the useless war on drugs to help get people clean...

THE BOTTOM LINE

Well, many people got addicted to oxy, which the drug company pushed..hard! and claimed non addictive..wtf lies!!

Then, when cut off by their doctor, went to the streets.

We legalize heroin and addicts know exactly what they are getting without overdosing.

Agree'd!

Actually, when you have great pain and use the medication following the dosage, it ISN'T addictive, because pain receptors are actually in use. But it makes you feel so good you take more, exceeding the dose well beyond just killing or managing the pain, not so much to kill the pain, but to feel so good. All the time oh that is SOOO good. THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE DO.

If Perdue made a blanket statement that "It is not addictive" with no other context, then that is just insane, nobody would say that except the MSM.

Perdue should have never said anything except that it is addictive when abused.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
doesnt matter.
the scumbag family who owns it, the sackler family, will never go to jail.
they merely sell heroin to 'cattle'

they are still wealthy beyond reasoning, for selling opium.

much like the rothhschils did to the chinese, much like the money lenders have been doing for decades.

we are just cattle to these rich dirtbags, and they will continue to poison us to make their 'profits' bigger.

It helps trust me. People can need it, and then get off it again.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Exactly.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Criminal Charges, so is the CEO or members of the Board of Directors going to jail for this or is it just fines? Sorry, I'm not well-versed in corporate law

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

No one is going to jail and they can't stop producing the drug because its a treatment for chronic pain, particularly nerve pain, you know spinal disc hernias and #. Doctors who over prescribe it are the issue, not the drug.
edit on 21-10-2020 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
How many of the current company's board members will be allowed on the board of the new company? If any of them are allowed to ever work in the pharmaceutical industry again then the whole thing is a sham.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: starfoxxx
I have had quite a few purdue parties in my time. (NEVER been addicted or started shooting up)

The opiate overdose epidemic is not from Percocet's
(which is getting harder and harder for people in REAL NEED AND PAIN TO GET WITH OUT SPECILIAST and having to personally take the prescription to the pharmacy with a 30 day on the dot almost out of medication refills)

The overdose opiate epidemic is DIRECTLY CORRELATED TO CHEAP FENTANYL SMUGGLED FROM CHINA MIXED WITH HERION.....
If you are a heroin addict and your # is cut with CHEAP fentanyl YOUR USUAL DOSE is deadly....

THE BOTTOM LINE

Well, many people got addicted to oxy, which the drug company pushed..hard! and claimed non addictive..wtf lies!!

Then, when cut off by their doctor, went to the streets.

Agree'd!

Actually, when you have great pain and use the medication following the dosage, it ISN'T addictive, because pain receptors are actually in use. But it makes you feel so good you take more, exceeding the dose well beyond just killing or managing the pain, not so much to kill the pain, but to feel so good. All the time oh that is SOOO good. THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE DO.

If Perdue made a blanket statement that "It is not addictive" with no other context, then that is just insane, nobody would say that except the MSM.

Perdue should have never said anything except that it is addictive when abused.

I think there is still some euphoria, I guess it's a matter of precise dosing. It is very alluring. I was an addict, over 20 years ago, so I do understand.

I was on them for about a week, right at the start of covid. I had kidney stones. I dunno, I was high, still in plenty of pain..no fun. Anyway, after the 6mm stone passed
I stopped the meds next day, and was fine after another day.
edit on 22-10-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   
So, the government just cut out the middleman. Great.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join