It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Cube and 50 cent leaving the Democrats for greener pastures.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

One would assume that blacks who have been taught incessantly about slavery would see a tax regime that sees them working primarily to turn over the results of that labor to enrich others as being very familiar for some reason ...

Hmmm, I'm not sure too many of those slaves would've been earning over $400K per year.

I can't quite put my finger on why, but there could be something ... I don't know ... familiar about the concept.

I'm not sure what that could be?!?!
edit on 08/06/82 by jamespond because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jamespond

Indeed

Or seeing why trying to tax the wealthy is stupid. They are MUCH smarter than the political class and will simply move heir money to a country with reasonable laws/taxes or hide it in physical assets under the table

Yet those libs can't see why divesting this country of billions or trillions is a bad thing. They don't hate the successful, they COVET AND ENVY them

Rage and hate is a hallmark of liberals

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Indeed

Or seeing why trying to tax the wealthy is stupid. They are MUCH smarter than the political class and will simply move heir money to a country with reasonable laws/taxes or hide it in physical assets under the table

Yet those libs can't see why divesting this country of billions or trillions is a bad thing. They don't hate the successful, they COVET AND ENVY them

Rage and hate is a hallmark of liberals

The wealthy are wealthy because the system gives them a platform to be so. So yes, they should pay more in taxes. This isn't anything to do with envy or hate, it's plain common sense.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

It all depends on where you live though James, their limit of $400,000 for example. In Hollyweid that is chump change but in my part of the country it is 5-8 times more than you'll make in any so called good job.

The problem is, if you try to do that they will divest their US interests and take their money elsewhere. Its called competition my friend. Why leave your money here and pay %X tax when you can shift it overseas and pay less/nothing (they'll be greateful to have the capitol in their banking system)

Or squirrel it away, deal in cash and buy a bunch of valuables to wait out the prevailing winds?

Nobody in their right mind sees paying exorbitant taxes as a good thing. It isn't a sacred privilege to pay taxes. Sane individuals will avoid them like the plague and pay the absolute bare minimum they can get away with
edit on 10/23/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
Cube is correct.

"I'm not playing no more of these political games, we're not part of a team ... so I'm going to whoever's in power and I'm going to speak to them about our problems, specifically, I'm not going in there talking about minorities, I'm not going in there talking about people of color or diversity or none of that stuff. I'm going there for Black Americans, the ones who are descendants of slaves."

My problem is that he is obsessed with his own skin color. In reality its not just BLACK Americans that are struggling there are Plenty of WHITE Americans that are struggling. In reality there are far more available resources today and regulations to assist Black Americans then there are to assist white Americans that are equally struggling.

Me as a immigrant minority that came to this country with nothing whos family was dependent on welfare when I was younger and my Wife as a white American Women who went homeless at times have recently gained full guardianship of two white teenagers that had absolutely no white privilege growing up, just like my wife didn't have any during her childhood.

My problem is that he also brings up Black Americans are descendants of slaves but will he bring up that it was Black Africans in tribal wars that captured these same Black Americans and then sold them to the Evil Whitey? likely not. Is he going to bring up the White African American farmers that have been slaughtered in Africa, Likely not.

Unfortunately there is no race including African Americans that doesn't have blood on their hands.So lets stop the BS and lets move forward.

If we want to stop racism then we need to stop categorizing ourselves by color and STOP racial profiling and stereotyping the African Americans as victims and Whitey McWhitey as the villain. Unfortunately nobody does that more than the left, MSM, and the black community themselves. Until we stop racial profiling Whitey as the villain and African Americans as the victims as portrayed by the LEFT,MSM, and a large portion of the black community themselves, racism will not go away. In fact racism and racial tension will only expand because nobody wants to be a victim or falsely accused as a villion. The strategy the left, MSM, and the black community are taking will only further divide us and cause hate,anger, and fear towards each other.

In reality the biggest people discriminated against today in the US is not Black Americans its Mexican and south American migrant workers . Their is no race that gets more special treatment today then African Americans.

There are more whites that get killed by police than African Americans and the fact that there are more whites is irrelevant. What is relevant when it comes to racial killings with cops is the the death rate based on race to interaction with cops and AFAIK their is no such statistic. However for that to play into the left and BLM narrative it would mean that white have more interactions with cops which then blows up their other narrative.

edit on 021031America/ChicagoSat, 24 Oct 2020 00:02:58 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...

50 cent is voting for Trump for tax reasons , And Ice Cube is supporting Trump building a " Platinum Plan" a plan that would bring 3,000,000 new jobs to the African American community.

Of course the Left media is attacking both of these Black celebrities for there "dis-loyalty" , calling Ice Cubes plan " Dangerous " .

I for one am just over come with Joy that these two prominent Black celebrities are seeing the light , I hope to God a huge part of the African American community will follow there logic.

Good, Democrats do think they own the black vote. Biden said you ain't Black if you don't vote for him and Blacks have no diversity of thought.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Romeopsi

Democrats have seen black americans as a monolith for some time. Its why they feel they don't actually have to follow through on any of their laundry list of promises made every election cycle

I am confident our fellow citizens will vote for tangible results with President Trump...instead of empty, hollow promises from an empty shell of a party (the DNC)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join