It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond Defund the Police. Now, it's the pentagon?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Democratic Missouri congressional candidate Cori Bush suggested Tuesday that the federal government should take a cue from the recent movement to defund the police by doing the same to the U.S. Department of Defense.

Bush, a progressive candidate who defeated 10-term incumbent Rep. William Lacy Clay, D-Mo., in her party's primary earlier this year, took to Twitter with the idea of reallocating Pentagon funds.

So the far left, who is now firmly in control of the left, starts to show their true colors. I'm surprised they let this loose before the election. But I've heard never interrupt your opponent when they are making a mistake. I firmly believe this is a large, gargantuan mistake. Defunding the police screws up the cities where the police are removed, or shrunk down. But to defund the pentagon, and go after military spending, to reallocate funds, will screw up the national security of the nation. I almost didn't post this as it's just too damn stupid to be real, but then every time the left goes too far, they are all too ready to ask someone to "hold my beer and watch this", and they take it a few steps more.

For this to fully sink in, I invite the left to all come together, admit that you all just can't live in a place where Trump is in charge, move to an island, and run it like you think things should be run. Once you have some seat time with your new ideas, you can show the world your utopian society, free from police, crime, mean orange people, and military. I am super sure the rest of the world will understand your plight and not invade or pick fights with you. Good luck you crazy kids!

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That's not a surprise. It's what Obama did, and it's what they've always wanted. If we just took the defense money and spent it on all the social programs, it would all be sunshine and rainbows and everyone would be rich!

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
How about we defund drone programs that have us bombing various countries with innocent bystanders as victims.

It's about time we take a deep look into unnecessary wars. Granted im not sure what role the Pentagon plays.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
How about we defund drone programs that have us bombing various countries with innocent bystanders as victims.

It's about time we take a deep look into unnecessary wars. Granted im not sure what role the Pentagon plays.

Glad you are seeing how good a Trump presidency is.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Look at the numbers of bombings and civilian casualties. Trump says all these things about unnecessary wars but does the opposite.

Like each POTUS before trump, these presidents say were getting out or how these wars are unnecessary, then never do anything about it.

link   
It will never sprout wings Biden is a murdering thug as much as the next carreer politician. Biden belongs to the defense contractors and they need a new war to sell their bright shiny weps and services.

+2 more 
link   

Drones strikes are up overall under Trump. I suppose it can be looked at two ways; one, we are just indiscriminately droning more people or two, we are droning more people instead of sending our military personnel to do it in person.

I'm kind of okay with the latter depending on the specifics.

edit on 21-10-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Drones strikes are up overall under Trump. I suppose it can be looked at two ways; one, we are just indiscriminately droning more people or two, we are droning more people instead of sending our military personnel to do it in person.

I'm kind of okay with the latter depending on the specifics.

Trump also stopped the annual drone strike report last year that shows civilian casualties.

Yet, people buy Trump's talk when he says he's the anti-war candidate.

Of course the media barely reported this because war has bipartisan support.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The ideal is to use all that money to implement social policies like the Green New Deal, Universal Basic Income, and Medicare for All. It's a Utopian vision that sees everyone as happy and satisfied because there is no more financial hardship, no more poverty, no more pollution, and no more hate.

The problem is two-fold:

There will always be strife and poverty and hate. That's just the human condition. Give everyone in the country the exact same amount of resources and within six months we will again have some in poverty and some in wealth. The difference is not so much in the opportunities, but in the ability and desire to use those opportunities. Some will be lazy and just let the government provide their basic needs, while others will be industrious and work hard to improve their lot in life. Those who were lazy will then begin to hate those who were industrious, and the cycle will start all over again.

The vision assumes we live in a world where the elimination of poverty will also result in the elimination of aggression. That is not the case. People show aggression for many reasons, almost none of them over poverty. Usually it is arrogance and self-importance, two traits which will not play well with the concept of Utopia.

The danger is that these fools believe in their vision so much they are deaf and blind to the realities of the world we live in. They are no different than some idiot walking into traffic watching their phone instead of traffic, but in this case they are dragging the rest of us with them.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Because civilian casualties, when done in person at the tune of 4 million-plus in Iraq, were ok and Trump's policy has resulted in a minuscule fraction of that.

If it were as bad as you claim the media wouldn't have to make up stuff to make trump look bad they could just interview his victims.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinktinktink
If it were as bad as you claim the media wouldn't have to make up stuff to make trump look bad they could just interview his victims.

Reporter: "Can you describe the drone attack for our viewers?"

Dead Person:

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

From a practical point of view, that money could be spent to improve our daily lives. Things like medical care, education, etc.

I've always believed that an C or S type corporation should have additional tax levied to support tertiary education. There ya have it...bfft the flaming liberal. LOL. But who benefits the most from tertiary education? Big corps. Why should middle class tax dollars be spent propping up college loans and grants?

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Agreed Government paying for school for some is discriminatory and in edition like health care, it drives the cost up because colleges find ways to charge more. Year over year the cost of college outruns inflation by more than 8 percent and if A college had to sell its product to consumers instead of the government they would have to add value and keep it cost-effective.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinktinktink

Agreed Government paying for school for some is discriminatory and in edition like health care, it drives the cost up because colleges find ways to charge more. Year over year the cost of college outruns inflation by more than 8 percent and if A college had to sell its product to consumers instead of the government they would have to add value and keep it cost-effective.

The fact that colleges still push kids into liberal arts degrees that are worthless tells me what a grift it is. I read about millenials burdened with college debt, whining about not being able to get a job with their degrees. Thing is, its not kids with accounting or STEM type degrees. Its kids with Gender Studies, Journalism, and English degrees.

My oldest majored in English, minored in Journalism. He worked his first 2 years out of college in a bookstore on campus for $11/hr. Until i finally pushed him to get a teaching certification. Next year, he moves into a corporate office training other teachers in a private education outfit. Millenials still flipping burgers and serving coffee CAN make more, but they don't want to teach, or work in social services (in Texas all you need to be a caseworker in DPRS is a 4 year degree of any kind).

Choices. If you don't stop making bad choices you have consequences.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

The pentagon is probably the single largest employer of black and Hispanic Americans in the country.

So I guess that makes sense for leftists to want to crush those jobs too.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The vision assumes we live in a world where the elimination of poverty will also result in the elimination of aggression.

But we already have seen poverty become less and less, yet the aggression (as you said) will never stop. I may be wrong, and it's always been this bad, but it seems like it is ticking up and up as poverty ticks down and down.
edit on 21-10-2020 by chelsdh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Trade school.
I just talked with my oldest (14) about how college is not the necessity that my generation had banged into our heads. Far too many people think that a degree is all one needs to lead a financially successful life. That was a lie that mislead a lot of us.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

"The love of money is the root of all evil."

One need not have a thing to love the thing. But one who loves a thing and has but a little of it, typically loves it even more.

Or...

"Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Give a man a fish, and he'll start plotting how to get the rest of your fish."

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh

Trade school.
I just talked with my oldest (14) about how college is not the necessity that my generation had banged into our heads. Far too many people think that a degree is all one needs to lead a financially successful life. That was a lie that mislead a lot of us.

I agree. My youngest is a trade school type (he has welding certifications). The oldest...isn't the kind of dude that does trade work.

With a few good breaks, someone with some brains can make it by just being in the right place at the right time. Small towns tend to have a couple of big fish, with plenty of room for smaller fish to work their way into good paying positions.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
How about we just defund the FBI?

That is a plan I could get behind.

Or the CIA?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join