It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AI cracking undeciphered languages!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
So in full disclosure this sounds obviously exciting. And its also quite above my area of expertise. It come as no surprise to me that a AI computer could accomplish this feat.

BUT---like I said I am in over my head and part of denying ignorance means giving way to people who know more. I only say this because while it all seems pretty straight forward linguistics and whatnot are not a area I've ever really studied. And sometimes this particular site dives deeply into stuff that is more....fanciful.

Link:
www.ancient-origins.net...

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
While I love the idea of this, being on this site so long has made me unable to trust that they would tell us the truth about what these things actually say.

(The guys running it, not the AI.:roll

IF, it was something actually important, I should add.
edit on 21-10-2020 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

While I understand the idea behind that I am very skeptical about claims of things being hidden. I've been on this site for a while too...mostly passive. But my time here has made me realize a lot of my idea on ancient cultures and my beliefs in their proof is mostly because of my romantical nature, a overactive imagination, and a lack of understanding very important truths in this field.

A truth about triangles being one of the most basic shapes in nature and not a indication of anything advanced....
A truth about ancient civilizations leaving behind some imprint in their technology because the bigger they are the more there would have to be evidence of industry.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: atlantiswatusi

While I understand the idea behind that I am very skeptical about claims of things being hidden. I've been on this site for a while too...mostly passive. But my time here has made me realize a lot of my idea on ancient cultures and my beliefs in their proof is mostly because of my romantical nature, a overactive imagination, and a lack of understanding very important truths in this field.

A truth about triangles being one of the most basic shapes in nature and not a indication of anything advanced....
A truth about ancient civilizations leaving behind some imprint in their technology because the bigger they are the more there would have to be evidence of industry.

But the faster it would decay.
See if you can find the old episodes of "Life After People".
Very good source of relevant information on that statement.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I feel like I read something a week or so ago about this and it might've been an exchange between you and Harte? Maybe???

So I am paraphrasing here---but I think the gist of the argument against that is you would see evidence of waste and the leaving of society/civilization. Which to me seem fairly sound.

I've watched life after people and while I agree that a culture could be disappeared through time like this....certainly not a civilization. If we were all wiped out in a blink........after thousands of years you would see signs of our "disturbance" in the soil so to speak.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Here is the actual article that I believe ancient origins was basing its article on:

www.csail.mit.edu...

It is more limiting in it language about language.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Yes....Thank you. A much more cautious approach based on something they are still working through.

I was worried when the ancient origins writer got cute and made a reference to vampire-ism and then patted themselves on the back for it

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
AI deciphers ancient Aramaic text. Shocks the world!

"Epstein didn't kill himself"

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Are you sure you aren't confusing ancient text with the "sleeping prophet" LOL

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: atlantiswatusi
I was actually thinking more a long the lines of religions, and the origin of them, and the way they may or may not have been manipulated for the masses.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: atlantiswatusi

after thousands of years you would see signs of our "disturbance" in the soil so to speak.

And , how would the "disturbance" in the soil be interpreted after thousands of years ?
Primitive civilization ?
Perhaps the same as Puma Punku is viewed today ?

edit on 10/21/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

There is little doubt---IMO that they were manipulation for the masses. Which itself doesn't render it something evil. I've long though the destruction myths present by different cultures had links. To me survivors of a catastrophe would seek out other survivors. And the more isolated the more they could've have survived something that destroyed the face of the planet as it was known.

I firmly believe todays religions are not "true" religions....but I'm not sure what a true religion would be as in the end all were created by man

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

It's not that I dismiss the possibility....I'm just learning to be very skeptical.

Take a big landlocked town in IA. In thousands of years I imagine there would still be evidence of the city planning.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

This article is very good. It explains the algorithm 2/3 of the way through it. In short, it sounds like they invented a new kind of word2vec. Really cool!

word2vec

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The tablet was deciphered to read:

"What came first, the chicken or the egg?"
edit on 21-10-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Get it to decipher the Voyenich Manuscript then im impressed

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

I heard it was something along the lines of

"A sloth walked into a bar......"

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: inert

If you would be so kind---explain some of that article you linked in more lay terms.

I read it but I am at work and it can be hard to dive into something unfamiliar when I am dealing with odd and ends on the clock.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
AI will be able to crack any code. Strong AI that is.

The ancient-history site is interesting. I follow it on facebook. But they seem to like Sitchen, which makes them nothing more than a site to gather subjects for musing.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

100% correct. Now they do have some pretty good "straight" stories. But once you start reading their more popular stories----of what they feature along the sidebars----its starts slipping in the facts department.

Still---I like the writers. Maybe its because I've come across so many low tech sites using computer generated images to fuel speculation that I glomed onto this one? Point being---I didn't see a second graders computer simulation on what the sunken city near Cuba looked like lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join