It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A beginners guide to debating Biden supporters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   
No doubt the polls are unbiased and Biden is leading, right? Right.

With that in mind, here's how you can effectively argue against a Biden supporter.

1. Stick to your truths, avoid facts. Subjectivity is bound to win anyone over.

2. Get the ad hominems out early, and let them linger. Call your opponent fat. Challenge him/her to pushups. Or simply tell them they're full of chit. Additionally, show the world your degree in ancient mythology was not a waste of time and conjure up the image of the legendary dog faced pony soldier.

3.Involve their family. Offer to meet in person and have their kids play with your leg hairs in their swimming pool. Sniff their hair vicariously upon first introductions. Let your hands linger on their upper body.

4. Pray for an opponent of color. Then denounce their race if they disagree with any of your truths.

5. Appeal to the man on the street. You're hip. You're square. Tikitikitiki. You know how drugs can devastate a community because more than likely while you are worried about the state of the country your own child is a crack whore.

6. Confuse the issue. Tell them only their candidate can be re elected. Correct yourself by saying only their candidate can win.

7. Be ready to concede valid points. Shouting "C'mon man!" goes a long way to show you're open to valid arguments.

8. Show your funny side. Humor goes a long way to dispel any unnecessary tension. Pretend to confuse your wife with your sister. Suck her finger.

9. Forget your track record. You've been doing this for over a hundred years. Pfft! Tsk! Harumph!

10. Wave to invisible supporters. You are in the majority and although your opponent can't see them, that's only because they're not there. Use that majority to intimidate your opponent.

Even if you lose the argument, the discussion will become so unpalatable that your opponent will simply retreat from your madness.

Claim victory as they skulk off into the sunset.
edit on 21-10-2020 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Don't forget the always popular clinton 'point n wave' so everyone thinks you're waving at them.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

First you've got to get them to actually debate you.

From what I've personally experienced, they won't discuss anything because they know they are right and you are wrong - end of story, not discussing it. I have come to believe that one of my extended family members is actually a coward because of this. In actuality, they will never get the benefit of hearing more than one side of the story. Critical thinking and polite conversation are dead.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

Have you tried sniffing their hair?

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I have never been asked by a Biden supporter if I was voting. They seem to always start with "Do you support Trump?" The first question I ask them is are you voting? They usually turn around and walk away or change the subject. They seem to think that just supporting either one will get them elected...

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Ask them if they are above staging a car crash to kill their first wife and children while banging the the second wife

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1
Its 2020, of course that's normal. Social media calls it having "one in the chamber". You know, in case husband #2 doesn't work out.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk

No really. Look into the car crash that caused the death of Biden's first wife and daughter back in 1972. It's very suspect.
edit on 21102020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join