It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has a Vice President ever insisted on firing someone in another country?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Forgetting all about the recent e-mails and scandals, I think we need to revisit this instance. If this has happened in the past, then it's normal and there is nothing to see here. But if it hasn't, then isn't there a few questions that revolve around this? And what does "Solid" mean in this context?

And I'd like to point out to everyone here, that nothing about this, or about the new information, requires you to like Trump, vote for Trump, or even tolerate Trump. We seem to have some massive corruption in our government and finding it should be important to everyone.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

And I'd like to point out to everyone here, that nothing about this, or about the new information, requires you to like Trump, vote for Trump, or even tolerate Trump. We seem to have some massive corruption in our government and finding it should be important to everyone.

Well said, but I expect you will get a what-about-ist reply fairly quickly.
edit on b000000312020-10-19T12:04:26-05:0012America/ChicagoMon, 19 Oct 2020 12:04:26 -05001200000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I don't know if there is a record of it but I'm sure previous administrations have suggested to other leaders that they replace someone with a person they could work better with. That just seems like it would be SOP with the exception of being caught on tape bragging about it.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
I don't know if there is a record of it but I'm sure previous administrations have suggested to other leaders that they replace someone with a person they could work better with. That just seems like it would be SOP with the exception of being caught on tape bragging about it.

Yes, and if it's something that happens on a regular basis, then this is much less of a thing. It's why I asked. To date, I have yet to hear about this going on elsewhere. Which isn't to say it hasn't happened.

But if it's an anomaly, then it's questionable, and lends weight to the theory this all had to do with his Boy and his boy's work.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The U.S. government has intervened in ...80? foreign elections since the end of WW2. So I'm guessing high up government officials wouldn't be shy about interfering with prosecutors, etc.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Yes, and if it's something that happens on a regular basis, then this is much less of a thing. It's why I asked. To date, I have yet to hear about this going on elsewhere. Which isn't to say it hasn't happened.

But if it's an anomaly, then it's questionable, and lends weight to the theory this all had to do with his Boy and his boy's work.

Right. But it seems like we would have heard about something as blatant as the Ukraine issue - stop investigating my son or you don't get the billion dollars? Yeah, I would almost bet that's an anomoly.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Asking for the prosecutor to be fired isn't so much an issue when your country has a history of corruption and the US is providing substantial aide / resources. If that was all that was going on then it wouldn't bother me.

However, in the context of Hunter and the business dealing, it clearly seems to be an ulterior motive and crosses the line ethically as well as probably legally

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Cheney was in charge of setting people on fire. Not sure if that counts.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I'm trying to keep this simple. If there exists evidence that this is common practice, then it's much less suspect. But if there isn't proof of this going on in the past, then it looks worthy of much more scrutiny. IMHO.

It's something I haven't heard of before.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

He was the official bird shot catcher. I'm pretty sure that did count.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

He was the official bird shot catcher. I'm pretty sure that did count.

You're gonna get the Dem version of him soon, the puppet master pulling the strings.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated

I'm trying to keep this simple. If there exists evidence that this is common practice, then it's much less suspect. But if there isn't proof of this going on in the past, then it looks worthy of much more scrutiny. IMHO.

It's something I haven't heard of before.

It happens all the time... Biden was probably the first on video explicitly stating it, but stuff like that is common practice to the point that no one even thinks twice about it. Definitely common in corporate world.

It is a simple "we want to do business, but don't like the sales rep... find someone else." Like I said, the issue is just the ulterior motive which crosses the line otherwise no one would have batted an eye. This is why Biden felt so comfortable running his mouth. He probably never thought Hunters dealings would come to light and expose the real motivation.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I would love to bury my head in the sand and say it's probably the first time that ever happened. I think it was just the first time someone was stupid enough to brag about it on camera for the peasants to see though.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Cheney shot a lawyer, that’s not the same thing.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

I was thinking more along the lines of the Iraq War. You know, the one we shouldn't have been in.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Ukraine released audio tapes of Biden/ Kerry w/ Poroshenko getting prosecutor fired

www.youtube.com...
SAVE!

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

Cheney shot a lawyer? Dude was ahead of his time ...

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
SAVE!

Snagged it, nice find.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL

originally posted by: IAMTAT
SAVE!

Snagged it, nice find.

It's all there...including the statement that they couldn't find that the prosecutor was doing anything illegal.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Has a Vice President ever insisted on firing someone in another country?

NO.

First time in American history.

A presidential candidate bragged about it on camera.

The media covered it up and never bothered asking the questions.

Social media locked accounts,banned users from even commenting about it.

So NO.

Not business as usual in 'Murica comrades.
edit on 19-10-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join