It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Threatens to Jump from TRUMP TOWER in Chicago ‘unless allowed to speak with President Trump'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
Loophole ? people need access to rooftops as there are air handlers on many roofs and such all the guy would need isa pair of bolt cutters ton cut off the lock on a door or a 100 other ways to get past a locked door its not like they can make it really secure as there could be a emergency were roof top could help save a LIFE FLIGHTED person

I WORK in a high-rise building. I walk in and out of lobbies, stairwells, fire doors and through security checkpoints all day long.

You know how many doors, leading to //sensitive areas of the building// no less, you'll get through with a pair of bolt cutters in a modern building?

"100 other ways to get past a locked door" LMAO we're not talking about breaking through the particle board of your bathroom door. Most modern skyscrapers have very sophisticated security systems. In my building you can't gain access to floors you're not privileged to unless you're bringing in a small demo kit to unhinge a fire-rated metal door, or your climbing up an elevator shaft. "bolt cutters" LOFL. You'd have a better chance of getting to the roof of a modern, secured building like that climbing up from the outside.

Assuming the building management is competent, and haven't already been fired and replaced with new staff, the first items on the agenda are finding out how this knucklehead accessed the roof, and preventing it from happening again.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Could be he worked there maybe?

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
no sane person should get so wrapped up in politics.

2020 makes the 'W' Bush Presidency look calm and mutually respectful by both parties.

Welcome to the Screaming '20s.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

2020 makes the 'W' Bush Presidency look calm and mutually respectful by both parties.

Huh. I thought we'd entered the Crybabying '20s.

Guess there's room for both titles, though. Plenty of ree to go around there.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

Some people might think I am heartless on this thread, but we are discussing eating heart on another thread that is going on here right now....so maybe they are right. We are also discussing eating tongue tacos....that comes under suppression of speech because the cow can't moo without it's tongue .

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Your wannabe SWAT team member is here again, a couple of days later. How about this:

Go one floor, or two floors, lower than the rope man. Smash a window or two. Set out a soft platform to land on, and make the platform in such a way, that it is not possible to crawl down from the edges. Cut the rope. Pull the platform and the man inside. Done.

Edit: OR smash the nearest window of the rope man, then use the tranquilizer shot. Should be easy for a professional. Then pull him up. He might get some glass on him but tough luck, champ.

I am starting to smell the reek of a media stunt, not only a political stunt by an individual. How can a situation like this go on for hours and hours
There must be standard procedures already made for insanity like this. Not just a negotiator talking with the man and try to make him come to his senses.
edit on 21-10-2020 by MapOfNowhere because: There is a conspiracy of some kind here.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MapOfNowhere
Your wannabe SWAT team member is here again, a couple of days later. How about this:

Go one floor, or two floors, lower than the rope man. Smash a window or two. Set out a soft platform to land on, and make the platform in such a way, that it is not possible to crawl down from the edges. Cut the rope. Pull the platform and the man inside. Done.

Edit: OR smash the nearest window of the rope man, then use the tranquilizer shot. Should be easy for a professional. Then pull him up. He might get some glass on him but tough luck, champ.

I am starting to smell the reek of a media stunt, not only a political stunt by an individual. How can a situation like this go on for hours and hours
There must be standard procedures already made for insanity like this. Not just a negotiator talking with the man and try to make him come to his senses.

while i find your suggestions quite logical and doable IMO its wasting too much time, resources and damage to the building for this douchwaffle.

after say a half hour of trying to talk this jackass down you tell him..
we are pulling you up.. if you resist we WILL USE ANY PHYSICAL FORCE (be hands on, tazer, tranquillizer, ext) to restrain you.
if you go though with your threat to cut the rope WE DONT CARE, THATS ON YOU .

just make sure to have the street below cleared and a crew to clean up the splat.
if another asshat (be protestor or reporter) defies and breaks the barrier, then what happens is on them.. litterally.

win win win.

scrounger

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Agent008
I just want tRump to actually talk to him.
"You are doing a great suicide. It's the best
suicided I ever seen. Well I don't say that
People say that. You see that's a real American
willing to take his life.... for me. Coz I'm the greatest
leader ever."
That's what the orange man would say.

It is kind of fascinating in a way to read posts like this.

I can't even imagine the level of dedication it takes to hate someone so much that you don't even know and will never even meet in person.

Just...

Mind-boggling to think about.

To the OP....

He didn't think to charge his phone up before doing something else that he didn't think through to its logical conclusion?

Just...

Welcome to 2020.

FWIW, I also can’t imagine devout following over someone you don’t know. Probably why I distrust both of them.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

Thank you for replying to me. I can understand your mindset.

I think one thing you and i can agree: the one hanging from a rope is very severely mentally distressed. I am not an trained expert, but i call delusional psychosis and illusions of grandeur.

Maybe... just MAYBE right kind of care... not like 2 weeks in a mental asylum and talking to a doctor 3 times, this man could be a member of the society again? Maybe meet a pleasant woman? some kids and a dog... and nothing like this ever happens again. He just boiled over.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join