It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger is an energy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
So here is a phone call I received Thursday (keep in mind my real last name is not Smith, however I do have a very unique last name. There are maybe 1000 people in my state with my actual last name.):

Caller:
"Hello, is Brenda Smith there?"
Me:
"Well you do have the last name correct."
Caller:
"Ok, this is _______ with the Jill Schupp for Congress and we are just wondering if Brenda received her absentee ballot on time?"
Me:
"Hey, I am not sure, but that doesn't seem to be any of your business even if Brenda did live here."

Click

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

My guess is if she didn't receive it, she could go in to vote.

Maybe the congress office was calling to make sure she had the ballot so they could notate how she'd be voting.

Sounds like some of them actually doing their job.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Should that be the job of either party? Why do they have the voter information for individuals? I mean I understand them having the party affiliation part, but why should they know exactly how the individual is voting? I am not educated in that, but I soon will be.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Should that be the job of either party? Why do they have the voter information for individuals? I mean I understand them having the party affiliation part, but why should they know exactly how the individual is voting? I am not educated in that, but I soon will be.

Who's to say they knew how she was voting? Unless she is a registered ______ which still wouldn't be implied this election as many are switching sides.

My point was they were probably just quarterbacking the larger absentee initiative. If they've already gotten complaints, they may just be minimizing damage or investigating how wide spread the issue is.

Of course, I'm just spitballing. I think a lot of people are operating under the assumption there is malice at play. I think incompetence would be more probable if things are going wrong than malice, but that's just me. The crimes implied are large ones.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Brenda, you have raised a very good point. It's nobody's business what goes on in the privacy of one's own home!!
edit on 18-10-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

I'll never understand the US system. We have secret ballots and you don't have to let your friends know who you vote for. One thing I despise about our system is at the polling booths we're given pencils to mark our votes - now how suspicious is that?

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

here in nz i voted early at the local library they give me a pen then had to hand it back to be wiped ready for the next one

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
"Anger is an energy"... the line from the song in the video always stuck with me as powerful and as I went to get the link for the video I see he has even written a book with that title.

John Lydon -anger is an energy.

So much of the punk world saw our current future back then. I was totally immersed in it and still am shocked at how it is playing out.
edit on 18-10-2020 by igloo because: aditional thoughts

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Steveogold

Hah! When i went to vote in my states primary they let us keep the pen!
Also I have torn up at least six forms sent to my home unsolicited with my name and address already filled jn encouraging me to request my absentee ballot. I show my children, explain to them if you dont tear it in half before tossing it in the bin someone could fish it out, fill it out and intercept the trackable forms to be filled out by another.

In person vote, the best way to make sure nobody is editing your vote. Going on the third to cast in person.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

rich gits

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I wonder if I will get a pen in November or if it will be done on a screen. Hopefully I get a pen, so I can frame it with the words "the pen that changed American history " . Thatd be kind of cool.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Thats definitely better than pencil

new topics

top topics

join