It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The Night Of The UFOs' - California, June 14th, 1992.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Some pretty crazy police dispatch UFO recordings found in the vid below taken from 'the night of the UFOs' in California on June 14th, 1992.

Apparently over two dozen witnesses in more than ten different locations throughout Topanga Canyon (spaced no more than twenty miles apart) all reported very strange UFO activity on that evening and 'numerous people called the police, local newspaper and UFO groups'.

Pie / disc shaped objects putting out lightbeams (and a humming noise) are being described by some witnesses and researcher Preston Dennett goes into more detail below describing how UFOs were reported to be hovering over houses or chasing motor vehicles down the highway - police dispatch recordings played throughout the video.

Excerpts

Found in the NUFORC archive, researcher Robert Gribble also received a call from one of the witnesses who describes his experience, his almost hysterical girlfriend and the weeping blisters, sunburn and nausea they both experienced afterwards.

In 1974, Robert Gribble started the National UFO Reporing Center (NUFORC) near Seattle, Washington, U.S.A. The NUFORC's 24 hour hotline number was distributed to police, airports and military bases, with a request to refer claimed UFO witnesses to the NUFORC. Gribble or his associates took hundreds of telephone calls from people who claimed to have seen UFOs.

The NUFORC still operates as of March, 2009, now with Peter Davenport as director. Witnesses range from ordinary citizens to pilots, military personnel, Federal Aviation Administration employees, police and scientists.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I have not heard of this one before. Ufo's chasing cars down the highway eh? Can't say I have heard of anything like this before.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Good thread mate

Its good to see the lesser known cases that are just as compelling getting some renewed attention!

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: data5091

Ufo's chasing cars down the highway eh? Can't say I have heard of anything like this before.

Pretty strange stuff mate and also reports of objects emerging from the ocean, no wonder one of the 911 callers said this:

"I'm ashamed to tell you cause you're gonna' think I'm crazy -I have never been more frightened in my life"

When it comes to UFOs chasing cars have read a few similar reports, particularly from South America - Keith Basterfield's Aussie catalogue also contains a few freaky ones.

Interesting what the couple involved in this case told Gribble about their car and did remind me of the Levelland EM effect incidents - Preston Dennett also has a vid on that case and turns out there's quite a number of similar international reports in the same time frame - very intriguing stuff.

originally posted by: pigsy2400

Its good to see the lesser known cases that are just as compelling getting some renewed attention!

Lots of them out there mate
- also nice when researchers actually track down and reinterview the witnesses like this guy 56 years later.

Got to hand it to these folks who go out and do the legwork interviewing UFO witnesses - was listening to an interview the other day and roughly 20,000 dollars was spent on locating, travelling to and interviewing all the military airmen involved in the 1968 Minot case so hats off to them!

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
I have not heard of this one before. Ufo's chasing cars down the highway eh? Can't say I have heard of anything like this before.

Agreed.

Top stuff, Karl... still batting it out of the park, even as ATS gasps its last. (In fact, I'm surprised to still be posting, lol!)

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Good to see you mate and thought you'd like the USO aspect - Topanga Canyon is only fifty miles away from Catalina island and they've been spotting them there for decades (back in the sixties families were even going down there with a packed lunch).

See 3:10

Writes Ann Druffel,

“This body of water lies between the coastlines of Southern California and Santa Catalina Island, 20 miles offshore to the southwest. The area has for at least thirty years been the scene of UFO reports of all kinds: surface sightings of hazy craft which cruise leisurely in full view of military installations, aerial spheres bobbing in oscillating flight, gigantic cloud-cigars, and at least one report of an underwater UFO with uniformed occupants.”

Another researcher, Robert Stanley, editor of the now defunct magazine Unicus, writes,

“Even in the sixties, families were going down to the beach and waiting for a UFO to pass by…. By the 1970s, whole families were going down to the beach at Point Dume at night to watch the multi-colored UFOs [that] would sink under the water at times.”

MUFON field investigator Bill Hamilton writes,

“For years witnesses have seen many types of UFO cruising off the Palos Verdes Peninsula in Southern California. UFOs have actually been seen to come out of the water in the San Pedro Channel.”

I had already uncovered several firsthand cases myself. My next step was to put together a comprehensive list of all the recorded ocean-going encounters in the area.
I came up with more than 50 sightings..

Thread

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Statistical analysis of US UFO reports show how coastlines to major bodies of water generate a far higher number of reports.

See 9:50

Dog walkers, cigarette smokers and users of outdoor hot tubs also produce more reports and according to John Keel 10pm on Wednesday is the optimum time to see one.

posted on Oct, 24 2021 @ 05:30 AM
link   
New link for the February 2006 Fate Magazine article detailing some pretty remarkable historical UFO/USO sightings in that specific area:

Coastal Sightings / Into The Ocean / Underwater Lights

posted on Oct, 24 2021 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Karl,

Checking locations as possible 'hot spots' is one way to shine a light on events.

I wonder how much 'temporal cross checking' is done; that is, when an event happen, what else happens within a bounded period of time in other locations?

The one instance that I think about was the Hopkinsville Goblins being followed by an incident in southern California the following day.

Also wonder if their is any periodicity to such 'collections' of events that occur in close proximity to each as far as the date they took place on.

Cheers
edit on 24-10-2021 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12
New link for the February 2006 Fate Magazine article detailing some pretty remarkable historical UFO/USO sightings in that specific area:

Coastal Sightings / Into The Ocean / Underwater Lights

I would dare say that the occupants that pilot these UFO/USOs' have a natural affinity for water, and they possibly love to inhabit, on or near, coastlines as well.
edit on 24-10-2021 by Erno86 because: added a few words

edit on 24-10-2021 by Erno86 because: typo

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

I wonder how much 'temporal cross checking' is done; that is, when an event happen, what else happens within a bounded period of time in other locations?

The one instance that I think about was the Hopkinsville Goblins being followed by an incident in southern California the following day.

Also wonder if their is any periodicity to such 'collections' of events that occur in close proximity to each as far as the date they took place on.

Cheers

Great post and some speculative food for thought there mate - quite possibly a very important aspect to the UFO mystery.

NICAP's Chronologies are always good for cross referencing and do remember being pretty shocked at just how many 'flying egg' reports came in around the same time as the Kirtland AFB case.

Will have a good rummage around for specific examples but do remember the Damon case was the same day as Exeter and that the Wilcox case was the same day as Socorro (with the rather similar Valensole case the following year).

Keel obviously wrote some relevant material on temporal antics (as well as Davenport) and when it comes to high strangeness then was put in mind of the freaky goings on described by Ted Phillips in this interview where a UFO was witnessed outside a house then poltergeist activity began inside immediately afterwards.

edit on 26-10-2021 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Great thread Karl, Preston has done great reserch on the Uso's off the southern California coast, a very active area looking at all the reports over the years, Catalina island is a hot spot as well, with a secret base on it.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: wobbs62

Thanks Wobbs, couldn't agree more mate.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
New vid from EyesOnCinema:

• "We looked up and we could see clearly the defined shape of a pie shaped object - a saucer. I mean I hate to use that term but it was a saucer shaped object.

There was a rim, we could see a rim, and within the rim was just this one big, brilliant, brilliant light that kept shining on our car."

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   
That's just some weird crazy shiz. This reminds me of a couple of past cases where UFO witnesses were injured by light beams.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Was this also talk about on coast 2 coast back then with art bell?

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

That's just some weird crazy shiz.

This reminds me of a couple of past cases where UFO witnesses were injured by light beams.

It is indeed mate and there are some truly freaky cases out there involving 'light beams' (this Gosford one is bonkers).

Don't know if you ever caught it but there's some relevant research below from Professor Michael Swords, Bill Chalker and the late Carl Feindt.

There are many reports of strange "beams of light" emanating from UFOs. Some have been described as "searchlights, which would turn in a sweeping motion, shining light opposite to the direction the UFO is moving". Other beams are described as "laser-like" (focused, seem to exhibit no dispersion with distance - collimated light), but may also appear "almost solid", propagate (extend/retract) slowly, and stop abruptly in mid-air.

UFO Light Beam Cases.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Statistical analysis of US UFO reports show how coastlines to major bodies of water generate a far higher number of reports.

This is because of the so-called littoralization, the tendency for Sol-3 cities to cluster on coastlines. The number of reported cases is higher in coastlines simply because it is there where most people live. Of twenty-five megacities (cities with 10 million or more inhabitants) twenty-one are located on a coast or a major river delta.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I remember one from the UK in the 80's where a ufo shot a green beam on a woman's hand and burned her skin. Since these are cases with potential physical evidence, I'm surprised they don't get more attention from ufologists.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I remember one from the UK in the 80's where a ufo shot a green beam on a woman's hand and burned her skin.

Remember reading about that one Skadi, good call.

Link

Do wonder if PSS or DI55 ever investigated that one.

Since these are cases with potential physical evidence, I'm surprised they don't get more attention from ufologists.

Yep quite a few physiological effect collections out there mate (although it's getting harder each year to find working links) - did you ever see this one where a UFO set a boy's hair on fire in broad daylight?

Cheers (and merry Christmas).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join