It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4chan Hacks Vote

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 03:44 AM
link   
It appears that 4chan has found a way to exploit a vulnerability in Oregon's voting system. They are busily having a laugh at this time.

Apparently, if you have certain information, easily obtainable through social media, you can reprint out a vote ballot, thereby cancelling any previous vote.

Someone even wrote a script to change the language to Cyrillic. Washington and California use the same system and may also be at risk. It is going to difficult for the narrative of "no fraudulent voting" going forward. Interesting times.

ETA. It was KEWed from orbit before I could get a screen grab, but someone had compiled a list of deceased persons having registered votes. This could have legs in the news cycle.
edit on 18-10-2020 by 1010set because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   
That python script seems to just be displaying a text file so hardly any real proof of any hacking.

Having some names may be pretty easy to find on the net just having a look at the local areas facebook page and copying them down.

PLUS ITS 4CHAN - they love to do this sort of thing to cause a load of lulz and given theres no scripts being published or verification of any kind its not a hard thing for anyone to do.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   
By going onto the website and changing votes you are also commiting election fraud.

Just a warning to any keyboard warriors out there that are going to try this.

If any of this is true anyways.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   
It's true alright. I've been watching the threads. The security measures on the site are basically non-existent. Anyone could go on there and cancel someone's vote by doing a certain thing I won't mention. Apparently you can also see who someone is voting for.
Apparently this system has been in use in some states since 2012 as well. Also looks like Broward County, Washington, and Alaska could be affected.

Well I guess OP did mention how they do it, they just request another ballot and it voids the one that was cast or in the voter's possession. I highly doubt this was an oversight.
edit on 18-10-2020 by that1lurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 1010set

4chan did not do anything

an anon claiming to be Bosnian, displaying a Uzbekistan flag (either in Uzbekistan or using a vpn server located in Uzbekistan) made a post on 4chan.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: oddnutz

That's what I've gathered so far, too. Idk though I'm confused as hell that place is a mess right now lol

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 05:43 AM
link   
edit on 18-10-2020 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

I scanned my VA identification card with a barcode reader and came up with a text file that looks identical to the one pictured above.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

The format encoded onto the card will be well known and even with all the best will in the world can be altered. This is 4chan so its just got to be convincing to get a few journalists attention and run with it and there will be a congratulatory post saying that they've managed to get another fake into the news.

i'll assume its the politically incorrect forum and they've got plenty of form for making things up and getting the press to fall for it.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: oddnutz
a reply to: 1010set

4chan did not do anything

an anon claiming to be Bosnian, displaying a Uzbekistan flag (either in Uzbekistan or using a vpn server located in Uzbekistan) made a post on 4chan.

That's why I put it in the Mud Pit. Not all familiar with that site. I watched it in real-time and didn't think much of it until threads started to disappear. That seemed to spool everyone up. Took me 50 posts to figure out what a jannie was. If there is any legitimacy to it, that's a lot of voter fraud.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Someone want to tell me why America uses all this electronic voting nonsense?

What is wrong with ticking a box and having volunteers count the votes in the counties?

It seems an infinitely inferior system in every concievable way.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

What is wrong with ticking a box and having volunteers count the votes in the counties?

It seems an infinitely inferior system in every conceivable way.

If I'm not mistaken, that's sort of the point.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux
By going onto the website and changing votes you are also commiting election fraud.

Just a warning to any keyboard warriors out there that are going to try this.

If any of this is true anyways.

Agreed. Why I won't link to the videos floating around about it that show how it all works. More States have been added to the list. For something that is just a lark, it's got their attention fairly well focused.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

It seems an infinitely inferior system in every concievable way.

We used to have machines where you would flip or pull levers to record the votes. I think those were far superior to the electronic BS systems we have now. The problem really isn't the device, it's the human factor. If someone wants to mess with the system they will find a way. The only way to guarantee an accurate vote would be to have everyone physically vote at one location using a verified citizenship ID and be marked that they have voted so they can't vote again. Since we don't have that option for over 150 million voters, there is the potential for mistakes.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I wonder what people would say if Trump took CA, OR and WA due to mail ins...lol

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
As an Oregonian who took the time to drive my ballot to a drop box...

Son of a B^&%

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: benrl
As an Oregonian who took the time to drive my ballot to a drop box...

Son of a B^&%

I have no real clue if there is any validity to this. There are videos available that I won't link to. The mods would likely, rightfully so, pull them down due to them showing how to commit a felony.

It does seem to be persistent in some quarters.

top topics

join