It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW Debate Rules!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Here should be the new presidential debate rules...

1, A series of 10-15 "yes or no" questions will be developed.

2. BOTH candidates will have to answer each question.

3. Each candidate will have a red and green button. Green=yes. Red=no. EACH candidate will have to push one or the other button in order to turn their microphone on. No button=no audio. NO EXCEPTIONS. A red/green bar will appear under their video for the duration of their answer.

4. Each candidate will be allowed exactly 10 minutes to speak.

5. If either candidate interrupts the other it will count as negative time against their next answer. (i.e. interrupt for 2 minutes and their next answer only gives them 8 minutes to respond).

6. BOTH candidates microphone are shut off after their allotted time (and their video cuts out too).

7. If a candidate takes less than their allotted time, this time is added on to the end of their debate.

8. If all questions have been asked and any candidate has time remaining they can talk about whatever they want until their time runs out.

9. Once the time runs out, the lights, audio and video will be cut off.

10. There will be NO "moderator", just someone reading a monotone question. If the "moderator" says even a single word other than exactly the question they will be immediately replaced, and both candidates will have the time the moderator adlibbed added to their nex response.

THESE ARE THE NEW RULES! PERIOD.
edit on 10/17/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
10. The questions will be asked by a text-to-speech computer, guaranteeing no bias or personal opinions are given.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Works for me!

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
This sounds bizarre AF

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Or we skip all these complicated rules by having a populace who demands candidates capable of navigating a debate properly.

We failed. The longer we continue to do that, the longer we chase our tails blaming everything and everybody other than ourselves.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I like it man, our political spectrum has gone almost full retard. Why the F not man!
That crap would be funny as hell dude.
Maybe we could have them play Jeopardy also!

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I would advise you send your suggestion to the Debate Commission, but from the lack of a "Feedback" or "Contact Us" page at their website, (See: www.debates.org... ), it's obvious that they don't care what ANY voters think, want, or feel. (That's one way you can tell Democrats control the committee.)

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

No, these are politicians, they are masters of not answering the questions. There is no way you can expect different.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

3. Each candidate will have a red and green button. Green=yes. Red=no. EACH candidate will have to push one or the other button in order to turn their microphone on. No button=no audio. NO EXCEPTIONS. A red/green bar will appear under their video for the duration of their answer.

This system is already being tested:

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Nvm.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

No, these are politicians, they are masters of not answering the questions. There is no way you can expect different.

That's because their flavor is in fashion. If people didn't like it, they wouldn't eat it.

There's no incentive for anything to change as it stands. Media companies make money on the controversy, politicians score sound bites of it... And while we could all explain why the game sucks till we are blue in the face, it's the game most people play. It will continue so long as there is participation.

This has been getting exponentially worse in my lifetime, I don't expect that to change just because we make some changes only for appearance. We're looking at symptoms while ignoring the sickness. We're all the problem, society, collectively.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Capt. Pike was cool!

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Just.... no.

Let's go by how it used to be done before the RNC and DNC decided it was better for them to just exclude everyone else from a debate because of the Perot Problem which is why they formed the Presidential Debate Committee.

How it used to be before...

The incumbent had 60 minutes to speak.

The other person had 30 minutes to rebut, 60 minutes to speak... 90 minutes in total.

The incumbent then had 30 minutes to rebut.

I would like that format again.

Sans moderators.

edit on 17-10-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

That's BS. Politicians have mad an art out of dodging 3questions for 50 years or longer!

Do you actually think people not tuning into the debate will change this??? Hardly!! The politicians would LOVE that!!!

Politicians will always be petulant little children. If you think this will ever change you are sorely mistaken!

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

That's fine too, but I think it still allows questions to be dodged.

ETA- my plan forces answers for the record.

Example...

- Are you going to withdraw troops from Afghanistan? Yes or no?

- Will you allow insurance companies to reduce / refuse coverage for pre-existing conditions? Yes or No?

- Have you or anyone in your immediate family conducted business with foreign companies or organizations over which your previous office would have had influence? Yes or no?

Etc

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Ok, but these same politicians will just say something do and reverse their position.

The only reason they don't like answering them is because they're not good enough on their feet to predict public perception. They say things to appeal to perception of those they're targeting in that moment. It's not like they're fearful of being beholden to their promises.

Plus, they have the added benefit of defending them no matter what they decide to do or say.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Here should be the new presidential debate rules...

1, A series of 10-15 "yes or no" questions will be developed.

2. BOTH candidates will have to answer each question.

4. Each candidate will be allowed exactly 10 minutes to speak.

5. If either candidate interrupts the other it will count as negative time against their next answer. (i.e. interrupt for 2 minutes and their next answer only gives them 8 minutes to respond).

6. BOTH candidates microphone are shut off after their allotted time (and their video cuts out too).

7. If a candidate takes less than their allotted time, this time is added on to the end of their debate.

8. If all questions have been asked and any candidate has time remaining they can talk about whatever they want until their time runs out.

9. Once the time runs out, the lights, audio and video will be cut off.

10. There will be NO "moderator", just someone reading a monotone question. If the "moderator" says even a single word other than exactly the question they will be immediately replaced, and both candidates will have the time the moderator adlibbed added to their nex response.

THESE ARE THE NEW RULES! PERIOD.

I love the idea. It’s sort of “game show-like”. Way too straightforward to ever happen. Crafting the questions would be the sticking point. Trump is good at simple yes/no answers and giving brief reasons for why “yes” or “no”. . Biden’s responses are often circuitous...but sometimes trail off into...nothingness. Trump meanders and is at times repetitive; however, Biden’s comments are sometimes indecipherable.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

That actually sounds fantastic.

ETA: I especially like the sans moderators part.
edit on 10172020 by Gnawledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Complete horsesh1t and obviously targetted against trump and protecting biden. Im sure there will be plenty question about hunter and pops taking half and plenty of time in the end for trump to ask anything, right. Doesnt hurt obama running the commission

Trump needs to label the commission' as fake commission.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Against Trump?????

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You haven't seen many of my posts, have you???

LOLOLOL!!!!!

Thanks for the laugh though!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join