It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bruce Springsteen says he'll leave America if Trump is reelected

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

If you are in a job where you have people looking up to you, you need to be held to account

I think you are confused about what a musician is, they make music, they did not apply for a job as "role model" Now, some might naturally gravitate to that..but under no damn obligation..they owe you "no account"

Lying to federal authorities,shouting fire in a theater,calling in a bomb threat, there are plenty of instances where you are held to account of what you said.

And do tell..how that applies here.

And I never said Stripped of their wealth. I just said money frozen till they either apologize or move away like they said they would since they are/were a role model.

For what?

And I don't get the "role model" thing. Musicians are not role models. Our parents, grandparents, teachers, coaches..those are and should be role models.

And lying to others should be fraud.

In business..sure. Other than that..what is the fraud?

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Im not right or left btw. I go with who is best for my wallet and sticks to the law.

Ok.

If you are in a job where you have people looking up to you, you need to be held to account

Job?

Politicians, public employees, bankers, industrialists etc all 'need to be held to account'.
Musicians?
Well, they just make music - and sometimes say stupid things - and hope people buy it.

Having one's wealth and assets sequestrated for saying something daft and/or not following through on something?

That must rank up there one of the most stupidest things I've ever read here on ATS - and I've read some really stupid things over the years - and as a result all your money and property must be seized immediately.

And actions speak louder than words correct?

Indeed.

.... not many leftist even try to follow through on anything.

Its my experience that people in general fail to 'follow through on anything' regardless of political affiliation.
That's because people are full of # and say stupid things....that's just the way of the world.

Lying to federal authorities,shouting fire in a theater,calling in a bomb threat, there are plenty of instances where you are held to account of what you said.

So, saying you are leaving the country if someone is elected ranks up there with them?
Exactly what law does it break?

I'm sure I've seen lots of right wing leaning people here on ATS say they were going to pack up and leave if Biden gets elected, are they to have all their assets stripped if they don't 'follow it through' in the event of a Trump defeat?

Since you are in England i hear you have no free speech,.....

You heard wrong.
And where is the relevance?

I think I've just gone back 50 years or so and I'm back in the primary school playground.

Hilarious. At least you've given me a giggle to start the day off with.

......and can be jailed for talking about the leadership right?

You are joking here aren't you?

I have never read anything so ridiculous in all my life.
Where did you pluck this piece of absolute bollocks from?

Surely it cannot be that you are jealous of our rights?

Not at all.....far, far from it.

I assure you, we are just as 'free' you are.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Ah , then these links are bollocks then? funny WE can talk like these links say you guys cant.

reason.com...

canadafreepress.com...

www.louderwithcrowder.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I can talk about all of those cases quite freely and quite openly.
No-one is going to lock me up for speaking up against them if I want to or like many people have quite frequently.

I fail to see where the relevance is here though?
I can only assume its a sort of deflection away from the rest of my response to your post that you have completely ignored.

Start a thread on the relative freedoms we enjoy in our respective nations and I'll gladly contribute.

Now how about we get back to what we were talking about?

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I do not quite understand your reply.
Is it "Broken English" ?

www.youtube.com...

Go easy on the fish sauce.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join