It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More suicides per month than coronavirus deaths per month in Japan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   
This is really taking it toll in Japanese society in whole.

most people don't know it but in Japan life insurance companies pay out for suicides.

It's gotten so bad here recently where it's Big Time news during the daytime.

The emotional stress is really taking it hard on single mothers that have children that have to work at home or don't have a job any longer.

Men are all stressed out due to lack of employment or underemployment and it's causing a lot of severe problems recently.

This pandemic is got to stop.

Although Japan realizes it's danger of the coronavirus there's not much that can really be done other than change the lifestyles of people and the way the businesses are operating.

So many restaurants now are offering to go type lunches and dinners.

In my town here I don't have this statistics on those that have taken their life but all I have to do is walk downtown and see quite honest with you in one area at least 90 95% of stores are closed.

of course I would think many of these owners were already in their late 70s and early 80s so it's just a matter of they just gave up babysitting the store.

edit on 1000000016482020-10-17T05:48:16-05:00481610am5 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I think the death toll fromnstuff like this will be 10x the covid death toll. Peeps not going to the hospital for other things, depression, suicide....the list goes on.

And the kids....i mean little kids.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Yeeh this is just the tip of the iceberg, the current scandemic climate will destroy many lifes in future Years . Once people will dropped to economical catastrophe some will decide to suicide .

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   
It's not just Japan...

Suicides outpacing coronavirus deaths in Tennessee, data says

More people died of suicide in a single Tennessee county last week than of the coronavirus across the entire state, according to one local official...

www.newsbreak.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This spring, Japan threw more stimulus money at their economy in GDP per capita terms than any other country on earth. (It's worth pondering that this includes the US, which went from adding a trillion dollars per year in debt to a trillion-a-month last spring.)

Despite this gusher of yen, in the second quarter the Japanese economy fell by an annualized 28.1% -- the largest such figure in history.

No news yet on how the Third quarter will look, but with double-digit export declines being reported the situation does not look rosy.

In 2019 one-third of all Japanese retail sales came from tourists (mostly Chinese). With all tourists forbidden from entering the country for most of this year, the economic damage to retailers has been catastrophic.

The country is in an authentic great depression. I have no idea how they keep fh trains running on time and for how much longer the facade of normalcy will hold.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Never Despise
This spring, Japan threw more stimulus money at their economy in GDP per capita terms than any other country on earth. (It's worth pondering that this includes the US, which went from adding a trillion dollars per year in debt to a trillion-a-month last spring.)

Despite this gusher of yen, in the second quarter the Japanese economy fell by an annualized 28.1% -- the largest such figure in history.

No news yet on how the Third quarter will look, but with double-digit export declines being reported the situation does not look rosy.

In 2019 one-third of all Japanese retail sales came from tourists (mostly Chinese). With all tourists forbidden from entering the country for most of this year, the economic damage to retailers has been catastrophic.

The country is in an authentic great depression. I have no idea how they keep fh trains running on time and for how much longer the facade of normalcy will hold.

I've been saying since early summer Japan is in a depression well actually not only me the prime Minister ABI said we're in a recession depression so it's it's really bad here I guess you live in Japan also I'm in southern Japan actually which is more rural and agricultural than any major cities.

and the business owners here while they're my agent and over by 20 years and they just ended up babysitting their stores and no customers and they just closed down is really really a bad situation but other parts of the town it's new stuff is going up so it's really hard to say what is going to be a steady growth or steady decline and growth but one thing's for sure people are not rich in this country anymore

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

My company does a lot of business with Japan and I have been there a number of times.

People have been saying "Japan is on the verge of collapse" since the 1990s but somehow it has always remained clean, orderly, prosperous-looking, safe, etc. It is a mystery to me how they have been able to defy economic "common sense" for so long, but I think part of it has to do with the fact that most Japanese debt is owed in yen to other Japanese. However the debt to GDP ratios are so much larger than anything in the developed world...around 230% I think which is almost twice the US ratio. The only reason they get away with this is they have a corporate culture that has basically agreed to run on infinite debt. More power to them if they can get away with it, but eventually it will catch up with them as they are resource-poor and import-dependent. But for some reason the day of reckoning never seems to arrive.

Nevertheless, the numbers from this year are staggering. It's another level entirely when you lose almost a third of your annualized GDP in one quarter. It's just...beyond.

My understanding was that local areas have been placing great hopes on a tourism boom. For the last several years before Corona there was indeed a massive tourism boom, but it has taken it in the neck this year with the national lockdown. If they reopen the borders to tourists soon maybe the local areas like the one you live in will have a fighting chance. But the overall GNP numbers and export numbers are so grim and the total debt is so high I just can't imagine any kind of quick fix.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

UK gov refusing to release official data on suicide rates since start of lockdown. Also no official stats for increases in domestic violence or child abuse.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I’ve been saying that the long term effects of the shutdown will do far more damage than the virus.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
As of today in Japan:

Cases

Recovered

Deaths

Those numbers are tiny compared to the US or Europe. While I don't mean to trivialize even a single death, are those worth shutting down the world's third-largest economy?

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

This is kind of disingenuous statistically, considering Japan has a relatively high rate of suicide during any year.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise

Definitely not.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I’ve been saying that the long term effects of the shutdown will do far more damage than the virus.

Not just you, a lot of people. The problem is that nobody listens and all evidence is being held secret. We all need to file a class action against breeches of human rights. Not just in a few countries but all around the world. This is anslaughter.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Person I know here in Canada went to get the test.. The line was too long so he left .. He was alerted 4 days later that he's had tested positive for the virus.. Never had the test.. That's all I needed to know.. It's crap.. It's all crap.. don't believe anything the gov or media says.. Turn off your TVs go live your life.. It's a lie.. It's bull-# all of it.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

It's not just Japan...

More people died of suicide in a single Tennessee county last week than of the coronavirus across the entire state, according to one local official...

www.newsbreak.com...

Yeah, the governor is retarded here.
He keeps extending it out and saying it's not about conttol.
I'm ready to see some legal action here.
Absolutely infuriating

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

That’s the whole point

Anyone who thinks the shutdowns are happening because governments and health organisations care about citizens - hasn’t been paying attention

The China virus is harmless.

Harmless

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

It's not just Japan...

www.newsbreak.com...

It sure is. The lockdowns and shutdowns really messed with a lot of people here.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

It's not just Japan...

www.newsbreak.com...

Yeah, the governor is retarded here.
He keeps extending it out and saying it's not about conttol.
I'm ready to see some legal action here.
Absolutely infuriating

I agree. Lee Company seems to be doing well for itself even more so. That's for sure.

Won't be voting for him and a few others next go around.
edit on 17102020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: teapot

As far as i can tell the ONS (office for National Statistics) has released suicide information

Male suicide rate hits two-decade high in England and Wales

The suicide rate for men in England and Wales in 2019 was the highest for two decades, official figures show. Data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS), published on Tuesday, found there were 5,691 suicides registered,

The England and Wales male suicide rate of 16.9 deaths per 100,000 was the highest since 2000 but remained in the line with the 2018 rate. The rate for women was 5.3 deaths per 100,000, the highest since 2004

Coronavirus and crime in England and Wales: August 2020

I basically googled what you said had not been released and found it

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Bluntone22
As of today in Japan:

Cases

Recovered

Deaths

Those numbers are tiny compared to the US or Europe. While I don't mean to trivialize even a single death, are those worth shutting down the world's third-largest economy?

you are forgetting that hose tiny numbers, are the numbers because appropriate action was taken to stop the spread as much as possible. it would have been far worse without those precautions taken. just look at the difference in numbers compared to the US, where only half assed measures were taken. any yet even those half assed measures have saved a lot of people.

it's really idiotic to use how well measures have worked to protect people, to say those measures were not needed. it's rather like trying to say that seat-belts are not needed, because of he low number of deaths from car accidents since seat-belt laws were put into place.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join