It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being apolitical in a hyper-partisan era

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Being apolitical in this era is impossible.

inundated from media,film,television,school you're constantly being bombarded with political agenda.

Bout the only way to really become apolitical is getting shipwrecked on a deserted island with no cell/internet services.

Why listen to the media or what some politicians are tooting about and allow them to think for you?
You have choices and free will.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You can be apolitical and not follow group think.
I go on Conservative Boards and they all have a rant about Netflix and want to Boycott them.
So I do the opposite and up my membership and watch more movies.

I go on a Democrat Board and they want to boycott Hobby Lobby or Chik Fil A so go to Hobby Lobby online and buy a new Toy and treat myself to a meal at Chik Fil A.

It is basically giving the finger to people that want to control me and what I want to buy and what I should think.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Only one side calling me a racist for trying to stay out of national politics. I vote at the local level, city council type stuff, because for the most part that's who is going to impact my life. Registered independent since 2000, and depending on the policies of the candidate running I've voted both sides of the aisle. Now however, since I wanted to stay out of the presidential or congressional races I've been deemed a racist by extremely short-sighted individuals. If you keep calling someone something long enough it will eventually push that person to retaliate, and my only form of retaliation at this point is to vote for the person they hate the most.

I can't blame every person on the left, because let's be frank, it's a very small portion of very loud individuals. I can't however in good conscience allow that very small group to gain more control of the federal government than they have. So I'll cast my vote for Trump, even though I don't particularly care for the man I do agree with some of his policies. Would I go have a beer with him, or most of his supporters? Nope. Yet I've never been called a racist or anything similar for wanting to be politically agnostic at the federal level by that group either. Come at me with policy and not rhetoric and maybe I would have voted a different way.

Just curious but the ones calling you racist and sexist, was that from people in person in your face or media driven? Most of what we are fed from both teams is media driven which I choose to ignore or do the opposite to piss them off.

I have a tshirt with several iron ons that get confusing looks from people so they are not sure what to say to me.

It has a picture of Trump as an orange clown, and a picture with BLM and riots with a red X through it and in the middle is a figure of Satan with Corporate Media written on him.
I dont support either team because they are both full of criminals and liars.
edit on 18-10-2020 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
a reply to: Never Despise

Things haven't changed. Your perception has.

No, the definitions and parties have changed.
Back when unions were large in number in our country, they were supported by the blue collar working class on the left. On the Republican side, you had the corporate cheerleaders. During the cold war, we looked at the Soviet Union where unions were banned and bread lines existed and poverty was rampant and compared that to the USA. We had the highest standard of living where one man could afford to raise a family along with the white picket fence and stay at home wife.

Today, the unions are almost gone with neither party for the working class.
Both parties are beholden to the Corporations and the Stock Market.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
„Triviality is evil - triviality, that is, in the form of consciousness and mind that adapts itself to the world as it is, that obeys the principle of inertia. And this principle of inertia truly is what is radically evil.“ — Theodor W. Adorno

By comparing Adorno's conception of evil with those of Kant and Levinas, it is argued that the commitment to a notion of materialist transcendence, which Adorno introduces as a philosophical response to Auschwitz, is compatible with an equally strong commitment to philosophical modernity and autonomy. Whereas Kant's moral theology, on the one hand, proceeds in a too immanent fashion, and Levinas's heterology, on the other, in seeking to explode ontology, denies the conditions of thought's rational responsiveness, Adorno succeeds in combining the quest for radical otherness with an idealist interpretation of modernity.

journals.sagepub.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

That was to my face, in person, by people who I once considered friends and really should know me better than that. Not an isolated incident either, it's happened several times over the last couple of years. I generally don't discuss politics with people as a rule, however when asked who I would vote for in the upcoming election, apparently "no one" was the incorrect answer. When asked what my opinion on the BLM movement was, "I think it's been hijacked by people who don't have black peoples interest at heart" was also the wrong answer.

Both teams are full of extremists 100%, both teams have complete and utter morons on them. Only the left has given me grief over my words and choices to not interact. In fact the people I know who are 100% on team Trump haven't said a single word about politics, elections, riots, etc. to me. Aside from "I hope you don't have to travel to X city, it's getting wild out there". Which is pretty sound advice these days.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join