It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ground Intruders at USAF bases in the 1970s? An interesting story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I came across this while doing some research on a totally unrelated topic. According to this story -- which has been reprinted on the UFO casebook website -- it was quite common for security people at USAF bases in the american southwest to spot unusual beings near nuclear storage installations in (at least) the 1970s. These creatures, decribed as tall and featureless, would rush the outer perimeters of secure locations and then vanish when they were detected:

ufocasebook.com...

from the article:
"I witnessed this thing in 1974, when after fielding call after call from civilians reporting UFO's all over the Phoenix area, I decided to have some one relieve me on the desk, took a car and went out to the perimeter of the base along with a SAT team (Security Alert Team) as we sat watching, lights were darting about the White Tanks area, one of the Security guys yelled out and pointed toward the perimeter fence, sure enough there walked a tall dark "thing". As we watched it, it looked as though it began to run. It was about 200 yards away and in a very desert area. The perimeter fence near the flight line was only a small barb wired fence. As we drove out to where it should have been, it disappeared on us, no trace. Actually there was no where for it to go, but it was no longer there."

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I have heard of UFO's tampering with missiles sytems but never heard of actually ground intruders. Wonder why they didnt start shooting? anyway, i dont care how advanced you are it is not a good idea to be playing with nuclear weapons.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Britain had similar cases around the same timeframe, but as I recall, they'd never find any physical traces of someone being there (no footprints, broken folliage, etc.), so most such reports didn't go anywhere...

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
most western cultures fear the night. Maybe thier minds saw something other than what was really there. It to american troops a long time to aclimate to night time operations in Nam. and night vission (except perrifreal vision)in most humans is very poor. Also special ops. teams use secure instaltions to practice infitration. Pls. excuse spelling been up 20 Hrs.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
There was also a similar case in France, in "Plateau d'Albion", a land-based nuclear missile launching site.

Ufos and aliens have been witnessed. There were also these strange men who were taking control of the base every night. Cattle mutilations were also reported. Underground ebe installations were suspected.

For the whole story on this very interesting case, check the folllowing sites :

world.altavista.com...://ufoweb.free.fr/albion.htm
www.rr0.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">world.altavista.com...://www.rr0.org/Albion.html

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
How does this timeframe compare with that picture out of Britain where the weird guy in the suit is looming over the little girl? Might be worth seeing how close chronologically these two sequences are...

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
This sort of thing is actually a bit more common than you think.

One of our Warrant officicers, whom I knew pretty well, told me about a string of incidents near FT Bliss/White sands, back in 79, when he was still an enlisted man at the time. One of the facilities, maybe a sub station for Los Alamos, or something similar, had ground sensors around it and was a pretty restricted area (nothing like Groom Lake, but still pretty secure.) One night the sensors were triggered, so the MPs went out to investigate. Nothing. So, the MPs thought well, no biggie, they go off on their own from time to time. So they return, no incidents that night.

But the next day, like right before sunset, rght before the guard change, the sensors go off again. They go out to investigate. The dogs started going nutd, like first barking, then they would try to jump back into the Jeeps. They were looking around, one guy thought he saw someone run towards a nearby arroyo, but when they went to look, nothing. Similar things happened during the week, a couple times, guards reported seeing shapes running off and disappearing. Little seemed wrong with the system. There were also unconfirmed reports of :radar malfunctions" (Radar returns that showed objects that werent supposed to be there) but little more was known.

When chief was telling me these things of course, we werent talking about aliens, we were talking about espionage and security problems. He did mention, tho, a few times, he made a point the dogs were behaving strangely, and they didnt want to go out there. Other than that, he had little information.

He wasnt the only one to tell me about odd things going on. Ive heard scattered but continous mentions of strange activities around nuke bases, testing grounds, ect, but really, evidence was nothing to go on. So Ive always filed it under the "who knows" basket".

There was a former Nike-Herc site in Germany, Disdelbach, which was well known for aot of realy weird occurances. Chief was there too, and made mention of it, but for the most part, I thought of it as a possible ghost or poltergeist incident. But through my research after I left the army, alot of things began to sound like many UFO cases. Things like shadows seen around the site, strange footprints in the snow ending at a fenceline and vanishing. Lights in the sky and strange radar signatures, sometimes enough to scramble jets. And alot of other stuff too.

new topics

top topics

join