It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Madman's Library

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hey everyone, I know that a lot of you are into history, literature, great stories, artifacts, curiosities etc - so this is for you!

Did you know that Saddam had a Koran commissioned and written in his own blood? Seems it really did happen and still exists today!

Did you know that in ancient Sumeria that writing was considered magical (thus spelling/cast spell and other linguistic leftovers over lapping magic and writing) ?

Have you seen the books written from human skulls? Or those bound in the flesh of human beings?
Why did they do that??

What's the biggest book in the world? The smallest?
What book is worth the most?

Did Jesus Christ really go and die in Japan just north of Tokyo where his famous grave is still today?

Watch this podcast guys, it's very interesting and exactly the type of thing I love to burn time with!!

edit on 10/16/2020 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I watch tons of great history channels nearly daily and will link them here, will pick a random interesting video and then it's up to you to watch more from that uploader.

Mark Felton Productions:

Drachinifel:

Kings and Generals:

These are my 3 mainstays but I also check random others.
Extremely good content for countless hours here folks!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I will check that out. I love that kind of nonsense.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Titillated just reading the first sentence...

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I will sit there sipping coffee staring off into the trees just zoning out on this stuff all day long.

Sigh.... hahah

Didn't need anything in the world except myself and what I wanted to learn about.

Good times, was definitely the best summer of my whole life!
I wasn't bored at all.

My view at my chill spot:

This pic was made from about 20 feet up the trail from where I chill at.

I have tons of wildlife here too and they are used to me now. Even the rabbits, foul, and raccoons will just come up to me now, they used to be afraid for the first month or two though. Obviously I avoid the skunks. I've ran into wolves (literally almost stepped right into them) here and had a huge mountain lion come up on me at 3am once. Scary as #!

There is even a huge 3 ft + tall Great White Egret and even a Blue Heron I believe, that will chill 10 feet away at the waterfall (which is on the left of the first pic but you cannot see). I got pics on my other phone so will try to find them, they are tall Crane type birds that just stand in one spot all day long looking around. Odd behavior imo but my guess is they are fishing because all animals do is eat stuff all day long.

Insect life is thriving even still after it was freezing a few times already, there are bees, wasps, dozens of spider types, huge centipedes, millipedes, ants, pillbugs, you name it it's here in vast amounts.

Almost stepped on a 4ft long Bullsnake (would have totally regretted that forever) that was on the sidewalk, got pics of that too.

And no, I'm not afraid of any of them (except that Lion, but hid my fear and stayed calm).
I do me, they do them.
None of them are looking for trouble.

Supposedly there was a bear with her cub here a few weeks back and the cops were all over looking for it but I would know if one came through here and I didn't see or hear anything ... except maybe Drac or Mark talking about military history stuff.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I had never heard about Saddam's Blood Koran or about Jesus's Grave in Japan until today.
Crazy interesting stuff!

I also really liked the stories about books bound in skin and why this was the in-thing for awhile.

That mini version of Dante's Inferno is amazing!

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Gosh...

If only I had been active and sharing a little tidbit here and there every day about all the stuff I come across and wonder about.

For me this was the summer of a million great ideas and stories.

So sad it's coming to an end and getting way too cold. Was below freezing last night, frost formed everywhere.

Well, all good things come to an end sometime, but I'll never forget the absolute joy this place has brought me! For once in my life I found real Peace and Harmony, if even for a few fleeting moments, and I am Happy inside me with me and everything.

I couldn't have been more blessed to have lived this.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
All that bad stuff that happened to me was OK and in fact worth it.

I am finally conquering myself, which is the only real war anyone ever fights.
The war inside yourself.

I wouldn't want to be born as anyone else no matter what.
I'd pick this life again if I could, and wouldn't do it any different.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Guys these youtube channels will have you occupied for years!

Top notch content better than History Channel or Discovery by far.

By the way Drach's 2 or 3 hours long Drydocks are the best stuff you'll ever find!

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Do all I do is listen to British guys talk about history?

YES!!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
When I went to college it was for Biochem, Genetics, and Physics.

I quickly switched to History / Philosophy because I was so into it.

Here is why:

If you learn history you will learn all topics.
Anything that happened 1 second ago or longer is history.

So you will learn all math, architecture, agriculture, geology, legends and myths, languages, about your own self even and how you tick and who you are and WHY you are here.

History will unveil it all for you if you just let it.
I know it takes Time, that's what this is all about! Time!

No matter what you're into, it's part of history.
Anything that is falls into this topic.
Including the history of the future that hasn't happened yet, every prediction or musing or sci fi book etc.
Full gamut.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Anthropodermic bibliopegy is the practice of binding books in human skin. As of May 2019, The Anthropodermic Book Project has examined 31 out of 50 books in public institutions supposed to have anthropodermic bindings, of which 18 have been confirmed as human and 13 have been demonstrated to be animal leather instead.

Wiki Anthropodermic Bibliopegy

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Blood Quran

The "Blood Qur'an" is a copy of the Islamic holy book, the Qur'an, claimed to have been written in the blood of the former president of Iraq, Saddam Hussein, over the course of two years in the late 1990s. Saddam commissioned the book in 1997 on his 60th birthday, reportedly to give thanks to God for helping him through many "conspiracies and dangers". He explained his reasons for commissioning the book in a letter published by the Iraqi state media in September 2000: "My life has been full of dangers in which I should have lost a lot of blood ... but since I have bled only a little, I asked somebody to write God's words with my blood in gratitude."[1] Saddam's act was denounced in 2000 by the religious authorities of the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia,[2] and, after his fall from power in 2003, the Qur'an was removed from public display. Controversy persists over how much blood Saddam contributed to the project, or whether any of it is even his at all. The fate of the book also presented heavy controversies, since for islamic laws writing the Qur'an in blood is considered a blasphemous heresy, but so would be destroying the Qur'an even if to cleanse such a blasphemy.[3][4]

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Glycon Cult

Glycon (Ancient Greek: Γλύκων Glýkōn, gen: Γλύκωνος Glýkōnos), also spelled Glykon, was an ancient snake god. Having a large and influential cult within the Roman Empire in the 2nd century, Glycon had been mentioned earlier by Horace. However contemporary satirist Lucian provides the primary literary reference to the deity. Lucian claimed Glycon was created in the mid-2nd century by the Greek prophet Alexander of Abonoteichos. Lucian was ill-disposed toward the cult, calling Alexander a false prophet and accusing the whole enterprise of being a hoax: Glycon himself was supposedly a hand puppet.[1]

It was supposedly a HAND PUPPET?

And people believed in this bunk for over a century????

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Tomb of Jesus Christ in Shingo Japan

THE SMALL VILLAGE OF SHINGO in Japan’s Aomori Prefecture is known not only for its cattle ranches and yam production, but thanks to one rogue cosmoarcheologist the village is also home to the supposed Tomb of Jesus Christ.

According to apocryphal religious writings known as the Takenouchi Documents, it was not Jesus who was crucified on that bloody Golgotha, but in fact it was his younger brother, Isukiri. After being captured by the Romans, it is said that Jesus escaped by switching places with his younger brother, taking only a lock of the Virgin Mary’s hair and one of his brother’s ears while he fled to Japan. After settling down in Shingo, Jesus is said to have had three children with a local woman before dying of natural causes at the age of 106. It is even believed that many of the village’s current inhabitants are the descendants of that holy blood.

They actually believe many of the villagers are descendants of Jesus himself!!
Holy Blood Holy Grail indeed, wow!

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Minitature Books

List of Record breaking books

I dont collect any material items really other than my cloths, phone, consumables like drink/food etc.
So I am definitely not a Bibliomaniac

But I am definitely in every sense of the word a Bibliophile but I gotta say physical books are sorta just artifacts now. You can listen to any book on your phone without having to do anything but listen, though I strongly prefer to actually read web pages usually.

If you read your phone a lot, especially intellectual pursuits like here at ATS - you are definitely a bookworm too. The phone is the new book but it contains ALL books and weighs less than a pound. Win!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Every day I seek to learn 100 new things or more.
I also seek to think for myself and figure it out the long way to check to make sure it's valid.

Most people try to learn 1 thing per day.

Maybe everyone should up the game?
Go for 2 or 3 today.
Or maybe 100

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Hahaha this thread is already a blitz of all sorts of stuff.

If yall followed these rabbit holes you'll be learning a million things in a very short time frame.

I feel like sharing more in here, but I need a break for a moment.
Gotta go get something to drink all this excitement is making me very thirsty.

Hey you ever heard of the Club of Odd Volumes ?

As you can see, that book club is the who's who.
JP Morgan, FDR, Churchill, and Houdini even.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This is why I have to be alone generally.

I am too overwhelming if I open myself and BE.
I'm barely even able to withstand that energy myself.
I don't expect others to be able to.

And I don't want to walk on eggshells all day babysitting either.
So Alone it is, hahaha. I chose that for everyone's sake.

-----------------------------------------------------
Just gotta relax... find calm... let it flow...
The mind will put it all together on it's own, if only we allow it.

I have to learn how to control myself and stabilize the energy flux going through me.
If you don't bridge the gap via grounding - that awesome fun lightning in your brain will explode!

That is when you crash and burn, and it is the worst existential crisis BS ever.

So I get grounded as best as I can then I go all

up on that # like an Illuminati Hashashin out to stab ignorance right in it's eye...

Which is my eye because I'm the blind man.
Once I removed my eyes now I can finally see.
That's a figure of speech not literal but it serves to make a point.

Jesus and various parts of the Bible explain that knowledge is within your Heart and that is the ultimate source of discovery and growth - the inward Self.

That's the only thing you really need to know - Truth is found within.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join