It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris says 'no deal' with EU

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Remember when they told us that we would get the best deal in history...

The EU's idea of a trade deal includes:-

Having unfetted continued fishing access to U.K. waters.

Being answerable to The ECJ.

Having a level playing field regarding State Aid.

THOSE ARE NOT topics that are discussed in any part of a trade deal. They have nothing at all to do with trade. Untill The EU actually wake up to that fact, then Boris is right to walk away.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

No deal is the what we voted for, so all is ending up as it should be... despite the efforts of traitors in our country.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
..anyway, GREAT news.
Basically, f*** off EU - as it should be.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

The EU's idea of a trade deal includes:-

Having unfetted continued fishing access to U.K. waters.

Being answerable to The ECJ.

Having a level playing field regarding State Aid.
THOSE ARE NOT topics that are discussed in any part of a trade deal. They have nothing at all to do with trade.

Exactly.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: gortex
The EU just can't come to terms with the fact that us leaving means their fishermen no longer will have free rein to plunder our fish with their factory ships...

You shall fight on the beaches, you shall fight on the fishing grounds, you shall fight in the fish monger's, you shall fight on the waves; you shall never surrender your eels.

Don't forget Tesco's frozen section! I still can't get any smoked haddock there 😡

On topic

Boris is a tit
edit on 16-10-2020 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

If no trade deal is agreed it makes The Withdrawl Agreemet nul and void. Therfore no £39 Billion payment to The E.U.

Ireland had better start getting ferries built so they can get their goods to mainland Europe.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

What about............... "We hold all the cards"

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Well, "no deal" is better than a “bad deal”, as someone said, eh?

The EU insistence on tying the UK into a subservient relationship shows their true colours and indicates they were not serious at all. Time to dump the Withdrawal Agreement as the EU has not shown good faith.

I think full independence is the way to go, so happy to roll with a no deal. It is the EUs loss, because they are squandering the opportunity to have close, trusting and friendly relationship with their biggest trading partner and ally. With friends like the EU who needs enemies, eh?

The EU is prepared to cut its nose to spite its face. It is the people of Europe who will suffer, not the fact cats in Brussels who are forcing this situation.

Anyway, I think this is not unexpected news given the progress to date. Just waiting for the Remoaner meltdown and total media negativity. Brace yourself, cos here it comes….

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The EU doesnt do anything until 2359. And then its usually to kick the problem.down fhe road.

The EU is done.next year, COVID going to crush what unikn is.left. Greece and Italy are projected to be 250% of gdp in debt. Spain ad others not far behind.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: gortex
The EU just can't come to terms with the fact that us leaving means their fishermen no longer will have free rein to plunder our fish with their factory ships...

You shall fight on the beaches, you shall fight on the fishing grounds, you shall fight in the fish monger's, you shall fight on the waves; you shall never surrender your eels.

Don't forget Tesco's frozen section! I still can't get any smoked haddock there 😡

On topic

Boris is a tit

Yes and it’s about time the EU got off of it and learned to work and survive on their own. 🍻

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

The EU's idea of a trade deal is for The U.K. to become a Vassal State.

They can piss off.

I like it when we agree!

My late dad uprooted is in 1970 and moved us to Canada.

Too bad that he isn’t around to see this he would have enjoyed it

edit on 10 16 2020 by NorthOfStuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
How much longer can this legally continue?

Not sure, I think until the first day of next year ? The Britons here surely are much better informed than I on this question.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 04:57 AM
link   

No Deal IS the BEST deal in history.......

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Speaking of Greece...

The EU still trades heavily with Turkey. They want them to be members... There's a snag on the line though because the horrible bastards won't leave Cyprus, in fact they're pulling the same kind of crap in Armenia.

The EU needs to give it's head a wobble.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

edit on 17-10-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Ah, British slang. Had no idea what that word was, had to look it up. I wonder what I forgot in order to learn that word

Cheers

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Interesting stuff regarding military procurement from the government............... www.telegraph.co.uk...
Looks like Britain is going to build its own ships again rather than buying from foreign led groups. If this is a result of Brexit and we can get the yards on the Clyde buzzing again then a follow up by buying more from our own island then (as a Remainer initially) this has a got to be a good thing for Britain

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
# 'em.

I agree that Boris and his gang are self-promoting, supercilious, sanctimonious, incompetent arseholes who should be exiled to Lundy Island forever.
But Bernier et al out twat them......something I honestly thought was impossible.

From day one of negotiations the EU have taken an aggressive bordering on bullying attitude.
As far as I'm concerned they can go and # themselves.

They need us at least as much as we need them.

When German car workers are being made unemployed or French and Spanish farmers are going bankrupt we'll see how they feel then.

Of course we want to trade with them and we have many mutual interests, security and intelligence not being the least of them.
But they have to realise we aren't going to bend over and let them give us a good shafting and that we'll fight tooth and nail for a true Brexit.

From what I can tell Boris and his gang have got us here through bungling incompetence rather than artful negotiation and skilful diplomacy.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Yes, great news, but.....

.....and we can get the yards on the Clyde buzzing again.....

Err......not until IndyRef2 is put to bed once and for all.

You've got bear in mind that old yards on the Tyne/Tees/Wear and all across the rest of the UK would love these contracts too.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

From what I can tell Boris and his gang have got us here through bungling incompetence rather than artful negotiation and skilful diplomacy.

A la Columbo (Peter Falk)

That bungling Bumbler always got his man

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join