It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Confess--I'm Afraid To Put Up My Trump Signs

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder
How about this, he can answer if he feels like it or just ignore my question.

Why do you feel the need to answer for them?

You can answer if you feel like it or just ignore, as well.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

It’s a rhetorical and silly question.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
And yet you felt the need to interject and try to answer it.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: daskakik
Nobody said you don't have the right, I asked why the OP feels the need.

IDK.... maybe none of your business?

Um, ya, posted on a public forum..but nobodys business

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
My my...the Libtards are acting particularly tard-like tonight.

The question in question was inane...so I ignored it...but, in the interest of keeping the thread relatively interesting...

Q: WHY do I feel the "need" to put up a sign in my yard?
A: I feel the "need" to exercise my Right to Free Speech...even if I may risk getting a Leftard loogie in my Pizza.

BOTH signs went up this evening.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
During the last election the trap house across the street would blast the f trump song whenever white people were around, the neighborhood made a sport of screwing with them until they all went to jail for dealing drugs haha.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Libtards? You missed the mark with that one, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Oddly enough, your answer wasn't on mtnshredder's short list of answers on the last page.

Of course, there is no right or wrong answer. It has just always seemed odd to me because I am apolitical. The same thing that causes me to not feel the need to vote probably keeps me from understanding why people feel the need to make public who they support. I mean they are already getting what really matters, your vote.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
My my...the Libtards are acting particularly tard-like tonight.

The question in question was inane...so I ignored it...but, in the interest of keeping the thread relatively interesting...

Q: WHY do I feel the "need" to put up a sign in my yard?
A: I feel the "need" to exercise my Right to Free Speech...even if I may risk getting a Leftard loogie in my Pizza.

BOTH signs went up this evening.

Awesome! When we let them suppress our voice, we’ve lost.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

If you have a job with a major corporation or even with a smaller company who has major corporations as its customers, I highly recommend you NOT put out the Trump signs and that you refrain from any pro-Trump comments on social media. Trump may win, he may lose, but the "purge" of trump supporters will be vicious.

What does this even mean???

FOX is a major corporation.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Yea the political fever in this country is high. Id be wary too. Although, I find putting up signs and banners as obnoxious.

The left vs right madness in this country is at a high point and i think banners just add a reminder of politics.

I feel like most people aren't that educated on politics ,,but now have an emotionally charged stubborn opinion on the left or right.

Vote third party... end this reign of division.

Eitherway, cant wait till election year is over. Whichever, corporate lackey we choose..
edit on 18-10-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I had this plan of placing a 20 ft long 5ft high banner on one of the walls on my property. That wall faces on coming traffic on the other side of my property. Wife said No! " our house was just remodeled, the crazy Antifa people will damage our house or burn it down.

On the other hand my wife said the kids in the neighborhood are doing a fantastic job promoting Trump. What these kids are doing(about middle school age) are taking all the Trump and Biden sign along with realtor signs , local politicians ,contractor signs, etc and are placing them all together in road mediums, placing them every which way even upside down. Lol. I've seen nearly a 100 of them all together, they tied balloon to them ,It's a sight to see. These kids also have placed 40- 50 Trump or Biden signs in random front yards, mostly Trump signs though.

The reason for the mostly Trump signs is because there hardly no Biden signs. My wife overheard heard this from a couple of the Kids at the park she walks at.( Funny hardly no Biden signs lol ). Anyway My neighborhood is very left leaning so you can imagine what the atmosphere is like when someone wakes up to 50 Trump signs popping up overnight in there front yard. . My Question is does the Biden campaign really have money to give out signs, and the reporting by the Biden campaign of taking in donations more than Trump this week fake ?

I guess my wife is right , the kids are doing a great job.

edit on 18-10-2020 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
ALPHA MALE HERE...
I ADMIT IT...I'M AFRAID.

That's right...I have two BIG BEAUTIFUL Trump signs...and I've been hesitating putting them up in my front yard.
Most of my long-time neighbors are ALSO Trump supporters...and ALL had Trump signs up in their yards in 2016...but many won't put them up this year.

From get togethers...I know they are all still very much Trump supporters for this go around too.

Yesterday, I told one of my neighbors that I was afraid to put my signs up this year.
He said he was too.

Sheepishly, I told him that because my wife orders a lot of stuff from Amazon and we order the occasional pizza delivery...we were afraid the man-bunned delivery dudes and dudettes would trash our packages and spit (or worse) on our pizzas.

My neighbor said that was the exact reason they don't have their Trump signs up, as well.
He also told me he had a similar discussion with his Trump-supporting neighbor on the other side.

I WILL put them up SOON...but only after my wife gets all of her outstanding deliveries...and we've ordered our last pizza before election night.

There ARE some Trump supporters on my block braver than I...with their signs proudly displayed...but we won't accept any invites from them to go over for pizza for awhile.

My neighbor put his Trump signs out. Hes definitely not an "Alpha Male " like you describe yourself.

Dont be a p***y.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I would love to see the message sent that the American people are fed up with having candidates shoved down our throats, and feeling like we "have" to choose the lesser of the two evils, that they chose for us. Which means we have no choice at all.

It would be truly refreshing if on November 4th neither Biden or Trump was the victor. Maybe that would send them a real message of possible conviction on our part.

I know that most think of this as an impossibility, but I can still dream.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Can't speak for you or others...but I choose Trump over Biden, not because he's the lesser of tWo evils, but because I like what he's done for this country...while Biden spent decades selling it out to China and others for personal gain.
edit on 18-10-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I can't say I've liked everything Trump has done. But he's still the best choice for president.

I find it interesting that the narritive has become such that a person has to agree 100% with any specific candidate in order to support or vote for them.

It is cult-like with the left that they HAVE to follow a specific ideological adherence.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

My son speaks Chinese...but I don't.
I'm not ready to be owned by China Inc.

TRUMP 2020

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I speak not for anyone, except myself. I feel about Biden about the same as I do of Trump. I won't be voting for either side of that coin.

My post is not to persuade or to condemn. My post speaks to the belief that there are only two choices, when there is a third, no matter how much they try to convince us there isn't.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Issue with neighbor a few houses trashing my signs. He has Biden and lots of cameras but not hidden as well as mine. I have a buddy that comes over with his gunstock mounted laser with a scope that takes out his cameras on a regular basis but I leave his signs alone and write on the back of my Trump ones " Stolen by Gary

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DorianSoran

originally posted by: TonyS

Trump may win, he may lose, but the "purge" of trump supporters will be vicious.

It's not going to unlike when Hitler put a bullet into his head, then the purge of ALL his supporters began. It will be the similar if Trump loses and refuses to leave office. The Military will remove him, there will be pain and bloodshed. Then, all of the big bad tRumpies will try to hide their signs and burn their hats and say "It wasnt me".

I guess whoever is doing the purging of support will simply look to social media to determine.

Dorian Soran

lol my trump signs have been up and will be up the next four years

I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.

Nelson Mandela

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

In my neighborhood, I wouldn't dare. My neighbor has a Biden sign though, and it's the only one on my 2 mile long street in the suburb of Columbus, OH. I know quite a few neighbors, and I'm not the only Trump voter by far.

That being said, I have a few observations about signage.

1) There's a lot more Trump signs in the suburbs, and the rural areas than in the city
2) There's surprisingly few Biden signs in the suburbs or city
3) The Biden signs I do see, are usually across from another house that has a Trump sign
4) I see more Trump signs in the suburbs, than Biden
5) Most Trump voters I talk to do not want to advertise it, because of the rioting and such this year.

Anecdotal, I know. But what this tells me is people are not always going to tell you about it by displaying a sign and inviting vandalism. Vocal supporters always number less then non vocal supporters. If the vocal Trump supporters are so numerous, then the numbers of those who are silent is astronomical. My daily travels confirm that for me, as far as Ohio is concerned.
edit on 18-10-2020 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join