It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Confess--I'm Afraid To Put Up My Trump Signs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If it was just me at home or driving my car I'd put up the Trump signs and say come and get em.

But I gots a wife and two kids.

I don't want to risk any liberal jackholes slashing their tires or drive by shooting into the house and hitting one of em.

The threats are real.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
My wife wanted to put up a BLM sign on 4th of July. I'm so thankful that I was able to talk her out of it.

SMART.

abruptearthchanges.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
this kind of situation is why anonymity is emphasized so much when voting, to protect people from harassment, being attacked, voter intimidation, coercion, vote tampering or just votes being thrown away. many other reasons too but people really should keep their choice a secret for their own sake, it just creates conflict in the end for nothing.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Pretty sad when you can't exercise your freedom of expression/speech without reprisal.

Flawless victory comrades.

Don't think anyone blames those that don't.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
My wife asked me the other day if we should put up a trump sign, I told her no it's not anyone's business for whom I vote. But this is what creates the silent majority, we are the silent majority. We're quiet for fear of retribution. Now I'm my case, where I live is very very red, I could put up a trump billboard without fear. I have always kept my political affiliations to myself though, just my style.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
No Trump signs, stickers or flags. I live in a liberal # hole.
No one wants the issues and harassment from the liberals. They are insane about now, so why provoke them further?

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Pretty sad when you can't exercise your freedom of expression/speech without reprisal.

Flawless victory comrades.

Don't think anyone blames those that don't.

It's true.

We voluntarily censor ourselves now because of the potential for violence from the left.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
who in their right mind, wants to be hassled by militant vegetarians.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I have a big Trump 2020 flag. Haven't put it up yet; not sure if that's concern or laziness. I have plans to re-appropriate an old TV antenna (16' or so) as a flagpole in my front yard, but it'll likely be after the election before I can get it straightened enough and the hardware on it... found it cleaning up the back yard and it's going to need some serious TLC. So it'll probably hold Old Glory on top and the Confederate Battlejack underneath it. There's a possibility of someone taking pot shots at it, but that would be pretty foolish; I'm armed too, and I'm a pretty good shot with the .444 car-killer.

I noticed something driving around a few weeks ago. Despite this being rural Alabama and pretty conservative, I was seeing at least as many Jones signs as Tuberville signs (Jones is the Democrat Senatorial candidate, incumbent, while Tuberville is the Republican candidate). Kinda ticked me off, since I am of the firm belief that Doug Jones needs to be not just voted out of office, but exiled from the state. Then I got to noticing... all of the Jones signs were alongside fields or at houses with the grass in desperate need of mowing! The signs are not indicative of Jones voters; they're just indicators of the few supporters he has putting up as many signs as possible where no one will complain!

I imagine the same thing can be said for the Biden signs in areas not as staunchly pro-Trump. Around here, a Biden sign would likely get packages mangled and food nastified. But there's still not that many Trump signs, and I imagine it is for similar reasons as in the OP. We all have our loose cannons.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I have never posted any political stuff...especially cars. I got keyed for having an "I Hate Ohio State" on my bumper...and it was in Michigan!

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Does anyone expect the personal cancelation to occur as it did last time around? I know I lost some acquaintances, and even friends stopped calling to go out or whatever. I didn't campaign for the right, but I didn't express my devotion to the left either. I figure people assumed since I wasn't on the "hate Trump" band wagon I voted for him. It has taken me 3 1/2 years to get my oldest daughter to have a normal loving experience with her again. I don't really want to jeopardize that relationship...it was quite hurtful. I just had a text from an old friend living in another state hoping I vote Trump out of office. I don't have that many friends to begin with, but I don't want to lose the ones I have. I'm considering skipping that part of the ballot and just vote for state and local.
I sound a bit lily livered. crap. this is all so stupid.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

My only question is, why put them up to begin with?

Im kind of old fashioned. Politics and religion are just something that is private because they can be controversial. When you air your controversial laundry, there is going to be some kind of blowback from it. Its to be expected.

The small town i work in has about a 70/30 split in favor of Trump. So you see quite a few biden and trump signs, and no shortage of whining about the stolen or vandalized signs. Its just such a waste of energy to worry about something that really doesn't matter.

FWIW, i don't really like brands or labels. And I absolutely do not think our elected officials are celebrities. It just seems silly to me. Like that whole "symbols are for the symbol minded" thing that Carlin used to talk about.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zrtst
I have never posted any political stuff...especially cars. I got keyed for having an "I Hate Ohio State" on my bumper...and it was in Michigan!
My college roommate was from Oregon. he was the head of the university Republican group, and had a bumper sticker that read "Save the trees, wipe your butt with a spotted owl".

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Lol... The two stores in my town sell Trump gear, from facemasks to flags. I wear my Trump hat everywhere except to work, but it's a lot different down here in NW Louisiana.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

You should try Printed Kicks, they have tons of Trump stuff along with other patriotic things like thin blue lines, red lines, etc.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

It is pretty bad when people can't even put signs up without fear of repercussions. Something is terribly wrong with people today. What ever happened to sanity, respect and just plain common decency? We don't even have freedom of speech anymore, lest someone take a hissy fit and beat the crap out of someone who disagrees. This is not the damned world I grew up in and it has to stop.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Guilt-ridden white people are no longer supporting BLM. Putting the BLM sign in our front yard would have been a disaster.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DorianSoran

Do you ever make a comment that doesn't sound harebrained?
edit on 16-10-2020 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It is sound and prudent to voluntarily remain silent, if what you have to say will serve no other purpose than to cause a squabble.

I hold my tongue a hundred times a day on many occasions to keep peace. To speak callously is self serving, and because the tongue can corrupt the body, mind and spirit. As it says in the Bible, the tongue is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.

Just because you can say something, doesn't mean that it is wise to say it. You lose nothing by using discernment and avoiding conflict.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I am always 100% Gray Man.

I don't want my neighbors knowing anything about me at all. I live in a hostile part of the city.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join