It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were Indians Terrorists?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Im sure you've read that this fake Indian is a total clown and liar! He lied about being Indian, he lied about his service in Vietnam and he's a liar about everything else, but you've made your point and Ive made mine.

Maximu§

None the less, it seems to be evident that you are do pig headed to read and wrap your head around what Souljah said... Your country along with alot of other countries was built on genocidal terrorism...

Its a fact not an opinion....

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well still, America used chemical weapons on civillians. Today we are killing civillians because Bush lied about the country having chemical weapons...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   

The Injuns that scalped innocents and burned homes were terrorists and they paid the price for not wanting to share the land. Y'all can thank the US Cavalry for the good work.

For not wanting to share the land? Give me your home address and I will bring all my relatives to 'share' everything you have.

To answer the thread's question: No. It is against our code of honor to behave in the way of the modern terrorists. We respect our enemies; I respect you, Maximus. It is against our code to harm innocents; we believe in combat up close and personal, man to man.

We also believe in peace.

[edit on 18-3-2005 by Chakotay]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
Your country along with alot of other countries was built on genocidal terrorism...
Its a fact not an opinion....

Yeah so what? Countries are usually born on a river of blood and thats just the way it is! Having wars over precious resources is nothing new. I read somewhere that west coast Indian tribes warred over salt.

Correct me if Im wrong, but the Indians last big fight was at Wounded Knee Creek in South Dakota and that started when hundreds of white settlers were massacred and many more fled.....well, the US Army got involved and we all know how that ended. The Sioux acted like terrorists and got hunted down and killed like terrorists.

Someone mentioned the "survival of the fittest" earlier in this thread, well my side was stronger and won......and Im not ashamed of it. We don't stand around while our kind gets slaughtered.

If you really think about it, Americans have not changed much since 1890.

Maximu§

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   

If you really think about it, Americans have not changed much since 1890.

Maximu§

And thats supposed to be a good thing why?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
We made treaties, then killed them, breaking the treaties.

I only honor treaties that are good for me.

Adolf H.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Souljah, its interesting that your quoting Ward Churchill, a professor of ethnic studies at the University of Colorado as one of your sources.

Im sure you've read that this fake Indian is a total clown and liar! He lied about being Indian, he lied about his service in Vietnam and he's a liar about everything else, but you've made your point and Ive made mine.

I knew you wont like this guy. Fits the profile of your enemy. The enemy of the state. He characterizes the United States as an imperialist power with a history of genocide, so ofcourse you dont like him! I am sure his essay controversy really gets on the nerves of an average patriotic republican. So it strikes me without any surprise that Fox News Channel program The O'Reilly Factor initiated a campaign against Churchill.

All of that still does not change the FACTS. He maybe lied, maybe he didnt. What about your current president that lied about the weapons of mass destruction? That kind of lies do not bother you? That kind of lies you can live with?

And he was in service in Vietnam war as a truck driver:

Churchill was born and grew up in Peoria, Illinois. He was drafted by the US Army and saw active service in Vietnam from 1966 to 1968 as a heavy truck driver. Churchill later received his B.A. and M.A. from Sangamon State University (now the University of Illinois at Springfield).
source:
wikipedia

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   

And thats supposed to be a good thing why?

It is a good thing, our country is younger than Europe and the spirit that drove the cowboys to tame a nation is the same one that drives (1/2) of this nation on....the other half is hopeless.

America psyche has changed very little since 1890 and let me say this: The American reaction in 1890 to the settler massacres was no different to our reaction for 9/11. We acted exactly the same, we mobilized our forces and went to war.

Americans very predictable, you would think our enemies woulda learned by now.

Maximu§

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   

It is a good thing, our country is younger than Europe and the spirit that drove the cowboys to tame a nation is the same one that drives (1/2) of this nation on....the other half is hopeless.

The Cowboys didn't tame the nation at all, you still have 12000 "gun-related" crimes in your country every year... Explain to me how that is tame... More US citizens died in your country in the first year of the war in Iraq, by murder - IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY... Rather than US soldiers being killed by "terrorists"...

There is still UN-DENIABLE racism against the african-american community!!! Oh but thats ok, because they were your slaves that BUILT your country... Whats your opinion on that Maximus, do they deserve what they're getting (or not getting, to be more specific)...

America psyche has changed very little since 1890 and let me say this: The American reaction in 1890 to the settler massacres was no different to our reaction for 9/11. We acted exactly the same, we mobilized our forces and went to war.

AND THAT WAS A STUPID REACTION!!! ... You didn't think about what was CAUSING the "terrorism" ... You just went in all gung-ho and killed THOUSANDS of people - and what did that solve?

Tell me, what did it solve?

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
So where do people trying to further their own agenda stand? Several of the early colonial massacres only occurred because Indian tribes turned on each other. During the "Pequot War" the outer offensive ring of a massacre was made up of only Indians whose sole job was to kill any Indians that made it through. Yes, the Europeans can be blamed for their ideas, but most implementation was done by Indians. Also, check out Iroquois capture and torture methods- they'd pretty much only "honor" other Indians with this. So the point- issues are always more complicated than they seem and projection of modern ideas onto the past doesn't help understand the whole story.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Insurgents are attacking Iraqis too....they are not only fighting the coalition...they have attacked Muslim Mosques, and the insurgents have used mosque, hospitals and cemeteries which are sacred to other Muslims as battle grounds to make ambushes etc....

There were two Arab Muslims who were freed from the slaughterhouses in Fallujah, the same town where the body of a woman was found decapitated, with the rest of her extremities...

You want to call these people as heroes?....be my guess, they are nothing more than cowards who are taking advantage of what is happening in Iraq to take control over the country.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Well still, America used chemical weapons on civillians. Today we are killing civillians because Bush lied about the country having chemical weapons...

Are we once more going to start with this bs?....

First off the insurgents are killing more civilians than coalition forces...

Second of all Saddam did break the sanctions and was acquiring banned military technology, rockets which were banned...they fired banned scud missiles on the coalition forces when the war began...

There were 500 tons of uranium.

About 1.8 metric tons of "yellow cake" and 500 tons of unrefined uranium went missing as the Iraqis left Tuwaitha unattended during the war.

Excerpted from.
news.bbc.co.uk...

We also did find discrepancies in the HMX explosives which they were supposed to have, which can also be used for detonating nuclear weapons.

That's just some of the stuff we found...so who is lying in here is you to further your own agenda against the Bush administration.

The problem is we did not find weapons already mounted with nukes or chemicals...they were probably dismantled and moved as quite a few reports say.... The banned rockets and other banned parts which were found in scrap yards around the world and were in possession of iraq before the war started also had radiation readings.

The Commission’s experts are conducting an investigation in parallel with the IAEA Iraq Nuclear Verification Office regarding the discovery of items from Iraq that are relevant to the mandates of UNMOVIC and IAEA at a scrapyard in the Netherlands. In particular, following a visit of IAEA to a scrapyard in Rotterdam to investigate increased radiation readings, it was discovered, through photographs taken at the time, that engines of SA-2 surface-to-air missiles were among the scrap (see figure below). They are the type of engines used in the Al Samoud 2 proscribed missile programme. In addition, a number of items and equipment that may also be relevant to the UNMOVIC mandate were seen among the scrap. The existence of missile engines originating in Iraq among scrap in Europe may affect the accounting of proscribed engines known to have been in Iraq’s possession in March 2003.

Excerpted from.
www.un.org...

[edit on 15-5-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Those SA-2 surface-to-air missiles, and the scud missiles which the iraqis fired upon the coalition were also banned from Iraq btw...

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Tell me, what did it solve?

We have taken the battle to their turf, instead of fighting Islamic radicals in US soil... and please do not even think to preach about massacres....your communist friends and heroes are among the worse murderers in the world....

[edit on 16-5-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I heard a lot of information in school aobut how Indians always used the land to the fullest. Really? So why weren't these people minning for minerals such as Iron ore and coal? They were a stone age tribe of hunter gathers who resourcefully used the carcasses of dead animals who had no threat from an outside invader, and they accomplished very little, much as the Egyptians.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
I heard a lot of information in school aobut how Indians always used the land to the fullest. Really? So why weren't these people minning for minerals such as Iron ore and coal? They were a stone age tribe of hunter gathers who resourcefully used the carcasses of dead animals who had no threat from an outside invader, and they accomplished very little, much as the Egyptians.

Be careful comparing a society based upon its ability to trash the enviroment... I wouldn't say that they didn't mine, as they did utilize Gold, Silver and a variety of other minerals. (Although they didn't do it in the same manner or scale that the whites do it. Their system was a rather simple trade system and their Tribes in some ways were simmilar to large families.)

They only took what they needed - what they used were renewable resources. They have a reverence for the land, that the European's never had. I have had the privelege of living among them in NM years back, and as primative as their society may seem in books - especially the trash the schools use - I found them "Better" people than our modern man.

I still go back every few years, to get my priorities straight, and to get my head back together. One day I shall return - andI'm not going to leave...

If I were to design a utopean society it would be theirs...
Sure it wasn't perfect - but it's better than what we have today.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
We have taken the battle to their turf, instead of fighting Islamic radicals in US soil... and please do not even think to preach about massacres....your communist friends and heroes are among the worse murderers in the world....

HoW F-iNg StUpId MuSt YoU bE to NoT ReCoGniSE ThIs SiMpLe FaCt!!! ready? - Stalin was NOT Communist - neither was Mao, Hitler, Mussolini etc etc - None of these people are/were Communists... Do some research before you make stupid comments like this...

Stalin (which I am guessing, whom you were refering to) was a State-CAPITALIST - Who DESTROYED THE RUSSIAN REVOLUTION - That Lenin worked so hard to build... He was a PARANOID madman - Who killed off almost every REAL COMMUNIST in Russia...

And WHAT does that have to do with what the US does today!

Muaddib, you have reacted EXACTLY the way the US Government wanted you to (in regards to 9/11, Islam etc) - They want you to generalise, they want you to support the troops, they dont want you questioning, etc etc... The very fact that you are justifying the massacres in Iraq by saying that; 'Stalin did worse' clearly depicts the sad reality of the American populous...

Either you are un-able to form an intelligent idea, based on empathy, sympathy and reason...

OR

You are a blood-thirsty sociopath who beleives that two wrongs will enevitably make a right...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me ask you this... What do you think caused 9/11?

My reply in advance:

If you say anything about religious radicals - you have only got about 10% of an intelligent answer... Heres a Tip: Why dont you research how long America has been meddling where it wasn't wanted (in the middle east)... Heres some starters...

Iran

Middle East
1956-1958

Iraq

Iran

Libya
1981-1989

Afghanistan
1979-1992

Afghanistan
2001-Present

Iraq
1991-2003

Palestine
1948-Present

Iraq
2003-Present

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9/11 - didn't come out of no where - Open your eyes... Until then!

You have added Muaddib to your Ignore List. Refresh the current page to remove their posts from the thread.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
This thread has gone a mite off course I believe. As to the original question "Were the Indians terrorists?" I say no. They would fight if someone tried to take what they perceived as theirs, however, there were more cases than not to show that if you were willing to live at peace with them they were willing to try for the same peace.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Whats funny is that they were winning until other Indians betrayed them. Before they were able to trick the stupid white men and kick ass, IE Custer's Last Stand. But then captured Indians revealed Indian tricks and landmarks, so forth, and bye bye Indians.

What? We have killed over 100,000+ civillians, and how many have insurgents killed?
Only WMDs Saddam had were given to him by Reagan and Bush Sr. Remember those photos/videos of Saddam and Rumsfeld drinking together as they sell tons of mustard gas to Saddam to be used on Iran? No? Republicans have Grade +++A blinders.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   

What? We have killed over 100,000+ civillians, and how many have insurgents killed?

ExActLy!!! - They wouldn't be using dodgy car-bombs that end up killing civillians if they had the multi-billion dollar Airforce... They wouldn't be taking hostages waving AK's if they had precision GPS-guided ballistic missiles...

When a US soldier kills a pregnant mother - its called 'collatoral-damage
But when, a couple of 'rag-heads' bomb a peice of financial infrastucture - its called 'terrorism'...

I'm not justifing killing people in ANY way, shape or form... But you cant have one set of rules for America, and everyone else have another one...

Only WMDs Saddam had were given to him by Reagan and Bush Sr. Remember those photos/videos of Saddam and Rumsfeld drinking together as they sell tons of mustard gas to Saddam to be used on Iran? No? Republicans have Grade +++A blinders.

I'm surprised of how little people actually know about this... Its good to see there are still a few people who can think independantly... The US has had a HUGE history of this kind of behaviour... They will support dictators that serve their interests... Batista in Cuba, and today its Karimov in Uzbekistan...

The Culture of Terrorism by Noam Chomsky; is a great book that raises all these issues of Americas one-sided foreign policy... Seriously check it out...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join