It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Cites CDC Study - 85 percent with Covid-19 Wore Masks. NBC Moderator Says He's Lying

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bearmonger
That's a nice wall of text supported by absolutely no empirical data.

Masks don't work. Social distancing is a meme for low IQ lemmings. Aerosols spread over dozens of feet. 6 feet literally does not matter in a room or building.

a reply to: rickymouse

All masks do is slow the progression a bit so too many people do not get sick at one time. I have said right from the beginning of discussions here that from reading actual research, this virus is a super spreader and it is going to be passed on to everyone before it becomes just another pain in the butt virus. We aren't saving anyone unless a good at least ninety percent efficiency vaccine is created....and that is never going to happen for at least five years I predict. There are lots of food chemistries that can keep the virus from being a bad case or death. There are also some supplements people could buy, but good luck, others read what I read too, they are sold out everywhere. I did get some stock in these antiviral chemistries in January, after that only the expensive ones were available and now, even the Onion dip mix is sold out.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Here's another logical opinion/perspective on why the Media, CDC Director Redfield, and Dr. Fauci are pressing the issue of masks, and Covid-19 FEAR so intensely.

Vaccine $$$ and Damaging Trump: www.unz.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Just try not to forget to wash your hands after you have touched the door handles, the counters, the shelves, the ATM machine, the products on the shelves, the Wall , the comingled container of sugar packets, the lid dispeneed for your self serve drink, etc.. Etc..

The mask wont save you from anything, because the majority of the viruses and bacterias that get people sick are not from the air they are on the surfaces we touch.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Just try not to forget to wash your hands after you have touched the door handles, the counters, the shelves, the ATM machine, the products on the shelves, the Wall , the comingled container of sugar packets, the lid dispeneed for your self serve drink, etc.. Etc..

The mask wont save you from anything, because the majority of the viruses and bacterias that get people sick are not from the air they are on the surfaces we touch.

There is no way that we are going to avoid getting a case of this virus. I have been trying to get the antigen test to see if I already had it last March, we picked up my daughter from her trip to India and she had to quarantine and brought her to the apartment she rented, then to pick up her car, and it broke down so we had to haul her to the doctors office and back home. The symptoms the wife and I had, lasting weeks, were like a cold with a mild fever, it lasted a couple of weeks and the wife got it worse, she went to the ER and they said her sore lungs were something else, but her overall symptoms were not consistent with covid....now they would be considered a moderate covid, no test was available to even give her at the hospital at that time. I think we both already have had it but there is no test around here available to check, they want people not to know that they have immunity.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   
November 18, 2020

I hope its now clearer to everyone WHY the people who demand that we wear masks, often times don't wear masks themselves. THEY DON'T WORK 85% of the time.

Latest offender, California Governor Gavin Newsom.

Article/Photo: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
November 18, 2020

I hope its now clearer to everyone WHY the people who demand that we wear masks, often times don't wear masks themselves. THEY DON'T WORK 85% of the time.

Latest offender, California Governor Gavin Newsom.

Article/Photo: www.foxnews.com...

Newsom being an idiot notwithstanding, nobody ever said masks are 100% effective. They work best if you're only in contact with someone for a brief period of time. Like quickly getting in and out of the market or something. If you're just mingling in a room with someone for two hours and one of you is infected, the mask is not going to work.

SOURCE

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
My ex-Girlfriend is a nurse for a local College. Before that she was in the Air Force. While she was in the Air Force her group was the response team in the event Sadam used biological weapons. She has told me that expecting a mask to protect you from COVID is like expecting a chain link fence to protect you from a shotgun blast.

There were studies done before we ever heard of COVID that showed a decrease in post operative infections when the Operating Room personnel DID NOT wear masks. The main reasons why they still wear them is tradition and perception.

When they first started making us wear them, several medical experts said that the only thing that they would accomplish was to reduce anxiety in some people.

All masks are is visual signaling. It shows that you are aware.

The oils in your skin are anti-microbial and anti-bacterial. They kill viruses and bacteria. The mask keeps the virus right in front of your mouth and nose, off the skin and gives it a nice warm moist spot to keep it alive. When you sneeze or cough the mask acts as a diffuser and sprays smaller droplets in multiple directions. Spray a garden hose at a screen door if you don't believe me.

If you really think that masks protect you, let me ask a few things. Why are there no specifications on the type of mask or the material that it is made from? Why isn't there a procedure on cleaning and disinfecting reusable masks? Why isn't there a procedure for the disposal of contaminated single use masks?

If you are worried about COVID, by all means take steps to protect yourself, but, don't rely on me to protect you. I'll keep my six feet away and I'll comply if you ask me to do something reasonable. Other than that I have no responsibility to protect you.
edit on 19-11-2020 by JIMC5499 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
JIMC5499 there ARE specifications on the type of mask --- again there ARE procedure on cleaning and disinfecting.
It shows You do no more then push what you want to believe . N 95 are best 3 layer cotton mask or two layer with a filter do well .
' as for cleaning HEY DISH soap works FINE daa Hot water works color safe bleach works .

Really no instructions lol . Lord helpless people really do need strong rules they cant think for them self enough to wash a pice of cloth

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Around 30% of all covid cases are caught in a person's own home from close family members.

I don't wear a mask in my own home, and I doubt that the majority of people here do either. So the fact that people who wear masks catch covid doesn't demonstrate that masks are useless. It simply demonstrates that masks aren't a silver bullet against covid.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

November 18, 2020

If I were a soldier on a battlefield and somebody offered me body armor that would stop 15% of all bullets, at the cost of making me look a little silly, and the alternative was no body armor at all, I'd jump at that 15% protection.

Of course, the protection that masks offer is significantly higher than 15%.

30% of all covid infections happen in a person's own home. People infectare infected by family members at times when they aren't wearing a mask. So your statistics are rubbish.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Really? I think you might want to look before you leap. There is nothing specifying the type of mask that MUST be worn. There is no advice from the CDC on how to clean a reusable mask, and one time use masks are NOT considered hazardous waste.

A while ago I watched two girls in a store take a mask off of a rack, try it on, looked in the mirror and put the mask back on the rack. The mask wasn't even in a package. You have masks that with silk screened graphics and images on them, where the ink blocks air flow through the fabric. Look at the ones being worn by NFL coaches.

If masks were expected to be effective, there would be more guidance on their manufacturer, use, cleaning and disposal. what I believe in are facts. If there were any, I would be a fan, but there isn't.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
Of course, the protection that masks offer is significantly higher than 15%.

Says who? Have you really looked at some of these studies? The majority of them are nothing more than polls. Others are extrapolations from existing data, where the data itself is probably flawed.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

People should consider wearing masks all the time for the rest of our lives.. if they are effective at helping us stay free of Airborne diseases.

I agree, I hope they do, especially the really ugly people. Then I won't have to see their ugly faces any more.

As for me... just no. No mask for me, or my family. We are keeping our kids out of their school until they return to sanity and stop the nonsensical mask requirements.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Ironically, most of the people who catch covid-19 followed the CDC guidelines for mask-wearing.

Crazy stuff.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join