It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Cites CDC Study - 85 percent with Covid-19 Wore Masks. NBC Moderator Says He's Lying

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tkwasny
I read the actual CDC document that was deep in numbers. 70% of the positive cases were avid mask wearers.

Are you referring to the document I linked to in the opening post?

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: rickymouse

The masks slow the spread, that has been shown all over the world now.

I disagree, there have been many studies that showed no change in spread with the kind of masks used.
It seems pretty clear that even the politicians are touching the masks all day, showing them into pockets and touching surfaces as they pull them up and down.

it is highly possible the masks are actually making matters worse, people have stopped focusing on hand washing.
The other day I saw a video where Biden lifted his mask coughed into his hand and put it back up.

There are many studies around the world that show it does not help.

I have read multiple studies that masks make sicknesses of all kinds worse. But if using them for less than say twenty minutes while running into a store, that won't be the case that it will have a serious increase in viruses. It is when you keep breathing in all of the virals released in your breath for a long time...hours...that it is a problem. So, you are partially correct. I have no problem with wearing a mask when I go into the store, even knowing that it only lowers the risk of transmission, it does not stop transmission. it sits on your mask and when you take off the mask it flies into the air you breathe. Oh well, try to stay out of places with lots of people if you want to keep from getting it.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Thursday, October 15, 2020

During a Town Hall tonight hosted by NBC, this very nasty moderator spoke far more to President Trump than the Miami citizens participating in the Town Hall.

She was particularly nasty and disrespectful on the subject of wearing masks during the Covid-19 epidemic.

The Center for Disease Control (CDC) published a study this Summer showing that 85% of those who contracted Covid-19 wore a mask most or all of the time. In other words, the mask was ineffective 85% of the time.

See the table on page 1261 here: www.cdc.gov...

Here is a video of the full 1-hour Town Hall. But the mask hysteria from (whatever her name is) starts at the 28min19sec mark.

President Trump tweeted earlier today that he was willingly heading into a "CONcast NBC Ambush" tonight. The network proved him right, once again.

FYI: The lady who had a question for President Trump at the 57min15sec mark is labeled as "controversial" by Twitter this evening. (She's a Trump fan, and the videoclip of her interacting with the President is being circulated on Twitter.)
Example: twitter.com...

As you know, there was supposed to be a Trump vs Biden debate tonight, but the Democrat-controlled debate committee wanted it to be "virtual", due to concern over candidate Joe Biden's frail health. President Trump refused to participate in anything other than an in-person debate, so it was cancelled.

Which is just as well, because the man who was to host tonight's debate, Steve Scully, was indefinitely suspended from C-Span earlier today.

Scully falsely claimed that his Twitter account was "hacked", after it was discovered that he was using that account to contact a former Trump administration official (Anthony Scaramucci) in an attempt to dig up something negative about President Trump.

He apparently wanted to use whatever he learned against the President, in what would have been tonight's Trump vs Biden debate. (Debate 2 of 3)

Here's an article about what Scully did, and his suspension today: www.foxnews.com...

-CareWeMust

Of course the screaming orange copragibbon cited that study as he is too willfully ignorant to understand that the mask is not to protect you. It is to protect others from you. if you are contagious

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

People should consider wearing masks all the time for the rest of our lives.. if they are effective at helping us stay free of Airborne diseases.

Many times I thought I should be wearing a mask when I brought my mother and older friend to the doctors. People everywhere coughing and blowing their nose. Maybe it will be socially acceptable for people to wear a mask when going to the doctors after this blows over. My daughter brings the kids to the doctor when they are sick and they then catch another disease at the doctor's office. I don't believe that sharing is always a good thing.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

People should consider wearing masks all the time for the rest of our lives.. if they are effective at helping us stay free of Airborne diseases.

You're kidding, right?

If I were sick, and I were out in the public and couldn't stay at home where I belong when I'm ill, I'd wear a mask.

Other than that....

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It is painful, but this needs repeating often I am afraid.

(1) No mask is 100%. So anyone talking about them stopping transmission is an IDIOT.

(2) Masks have been used for over 100 years in 100s of industries and over the last 30 years, more by the public. Every day.
No major issues have ever been recorded, so people yelling about them now are again IDIOTS. But now also lazy idiots who like to scaremonger.

(3) Masks are only one piece in the puzzle of protecting yourself and protecting others. Only under perfect conditions and disciplined use of all layers can it halt an epidemic.

(4) In most cases they are realistically used to slow down a pandemic ( even a 10% reduction can make a difference on services ) , and even stopping Viral Load ( a full blast in the face of the virus / protection both ways ) giving inocula theory a chance to work.

And yes how you receive the virus, Aka....full Viral Load or secondary transmission ( touching surface then mouth ) has shown it may dictate how sick you get.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I know studies have shown a certain % of people are born with Sociopathic / Psychopathic tendencies. But it is still an eye opener to read how many people really do not care about others dying in a manner as terrible as Covid 19 takes you.

I mean we know by the reports GLOBALLY ( I put that in capitals because some people think the world is flat and only has one country in it apparently ) that wearing a mask slows the infection rate enough to stop the hospitals from reaching capacity. But still some people refuse to even entertain the idea, because supposedly the sacrifice is too great.

I often wonder what the Greatest Generation would think of these people.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
So, Trump was correct and the host was lying? Glad you agree! All the mental gymnastics to make it OK behavior is what’s troubling.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Nobody, but joe can pretend he’s doing something and sheeple can see a mask on feel big brothers warm hands on their shoulders as he leans in to take another sniff.

a reply to: jjkenobi

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Would love to ask mask Karen's to explain how a cloth/surgical mask can protect/prevent anyone from getting covid-19. When both types of mask do not seal around the mouth and nose. The material both masks are made out of is not designed to filter (block) viruses. The box surgical masks come in have a disclaimer warning the mask offer no protection from covid type viruses.

The next time you go shopping for grocery etc, observe people while you do it. I bet you will see people touching their mask, pulling it off/on, only covering their mouth with it. Lots of people reuse the same mask over and over.

Nothing wrong with social distancing and promoting people to wash their hands.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

But you can't reason with people who are fighting to wear one.
Because the real reason they fight is not as the narrative states.

They are fighting for the preservation of their little models of the
world. The world in which they truly believe they live vs. the world
they will have to face that is the reality. They are engulfed by the fear
being spread by those whom they refuse to believe even exist in the way
they actually do.. They would simply rather comply and go a long and pretend.
Because facing the facts of an sinister presence in their little worlds is just to
much for them to accept. Because of all that comes with it.

" My people perish for a lack of knowledge"

Jesus Christ

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

I've listened to about 5 minutes and this broad deserves a slap.
Talking over him, putting words in his mouth, cutting him off...
I don't understand why these twits think they can talk so disrespectful to the God damn president.
With a little luck, she will be fired by morning.

Soooooooo... literally exactly how Supreme Leader Trump speaks to every other person on the planet?

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedeadtruth
I know studies have shown a certain % of people are born with Sociopathic / Psychopathic tendencies. But it is still an eye opener to read how many people really do not care about others dying in a manner as terrible as Covid 19 takes you.

I mean we know by the reports GLOBALLY ( I put that in capitals because some people think the world is flat and only has one country in it apparently ) that wearing a mask slows the infection rate enough to stop the hospitals from reaching capacity. But still some people refuse to even entertain the idea, because supposedly the sacrifice is too great.

I often wonder what the Greatest Generation would think of these people.

Many of us think we are being played and manipulated and don't want to just go along. We didn't jump to this conclusion we researched all sides.

There are thousands of very high positioned Doctors and med researchers who disagree with you have you looked?
I will not look them back up for you if you have not bothered. Think of the timing of this, think how the leaders of the NWO said "the pandemic is an opportunity for the great reset'.

The preponderance of evidence suggests that wearing a mask outside of a healthcare facility offers little, if any, protection from COVID-19 infection.

First of all, a COVID-19 exposure is defined as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with an infected person (symptoms or not) that is sustained for at least a few minutes -- at least 10 and maybe more. There is very little chance of passing COVID-19 from a passing interaction.

Currently, I believe that the media is using masking as a political prop and ultimately it is a reflexive reaction to anxiety and fear over the pandemic.

www.medpagetoday.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Thank you for putting this together!

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: SuperStudChuck

originally posted by: rickymouse
The masks slow the spread

They don’t. I did an entire thread on it. CDC has confirmed that mask wearers are more likely to contract than non-mask wearers.

That could be for a whole host of reasons not directly related to the mask itself though.

How often do you see people wearing the mask wrong, like under their nose?

How often do you see people with masks not social distancing?

How often do you see people with masks touching their face constantly for whatever reason?

And that's before we get into the debate over how effective cloth isn't at stopping viral particles going and coming. I got a cold last week and I pretty much wear masks where they are required. The only place I don't is in the aerobics studio where we all have space to spread out to work, but none of the rest of the ladies there do either -- and we're talkin' some grandma age gals there (one tough ol' bird is in her 80s).

Isn’t that the point though? They are not natural. People don’t wear them right. They touch their face more. They stopped socially distancing.

Masks MAY work in a lab, if properly fitted, if changed every 15-30 minutes, if people wear them right, if..., if..., if...

But they don’t. Lab results on efficacy of masks means nothing. Real people in the real world are doing nothing to stop the spread and may even be making it worse. Certainly rebreathing your own breath is not healthy.

Lab results mean nothing unless it considers the habits of real people in the real world.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy

Thursday, October 15, 2020

During a Town Hall tonight hosted by NBC, this very nasty moderator spoke far more to President Trump than the Miami citizens participating in the Town Hall.

She was particularly nasty and disrespectful on the subject of wearing masks during the Covid-19 epidemic.

The Center for Disease Control (CDC) published a study this Summer showing that 85% of those who contracted Covid-19 wore a mask most or all of the time. In other words, the mask was ineffective 85% of the time.

See the table on page 1261 here: www.cdc.gov...

Here is a video of the full 1-hour Town Hall. But the mask hysteria from (whatever her name is) starts at the 28min19sec mark.

President Trump tweeted earlier today that he was willingly heading into a "CONcast NBC Ambush" tonight. The network proved him right, once again.

FYI: The lady who had a question for President Trump at the 57min15sec mark is labeled as "controversial" by Twitter this evening. (She's a Trump fan, and the videoclip of her interacting with the President is being circulated on Twitter.)
Example: twitter.com...

As you know, there was supposed to be a Trump vs Biden debate tonight, but the Democrat-controlled debate committee wanted it to be "virtual", due to concern over candidate Joe Biden's frail health. President Trump refused to participate in anything other than an in-person debate, so it was cancelled.

Which is just as well, because the man who was to host tonight's debate, Steve Scully, was indefinitely suspended from C-Span earlier today.

Scully falsely claimed that his Twitter account was "hacked", after it was discovered that he was using that account to contact a former Trump administration official (Anthony Scaramucci) in an attempt to dig up something negative about President Trump.

He apparently wanted to use whatever he learned against the President, in what would have been tonight's Trump vs Biden debate. (Debate 2 of 3)

Here's an article about what Scully did, and his suspension today: www.foxnews.com...

-CareWeMust

Of course the screaming orange copragibbon cited that study as he is too willfully ignorant to understand that the mask is not to protect you. It is to protect others from you. if you are contagious

You might always be contagious with something for the rest of your life. You have potentially been contagious with something for your entire life until now.

So are you planning on wearing a mask for the rest of your life?

I don’t need you to protect me. If I need to be protected, I should be staying at home. If you need to be protected, that’s where you should go.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

Thank you for putting this together!

What the CDC is really burying deep, is the number of people testing "positive" who end up hospitalized due to Covid-19.

I'm trying to find, "If you contract Covid-19, you have this much of a chance of ending up in the hospital...(ranked by age groups).

We already know from this CDC webpage www.cdc.gov... that the odds of dying once you've contracted Covid-19 are less than .05%.

But what are the odds of being admitted to the hospital because you've contracted Covid-19?

The news media at the local and national level are attempting to whip up maximum fear because "Cases" are increasing.

But as you see in the graphs at this page, covidtracking.com... , TESTING is increasing, so naturally CASES will increase.

If we started randomly testing for cancer, and steadily ramped up the number of nationwide tests, guess what the results would be. The MSM could legitimately scare the daylights out of Americans if that testing occurred.

But this Covid-19 hysteria is way the hell overblown.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
That's a nice wall of text supported by absolutely no empirical data.

Masks don't work. Social distancing is a meme for low IQ lemmings. Aerosols spread over dozens of feet. 6 feet literally does not matter in a room or building.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

But what are the odds of being admitted to the hospital because you've contracted Covid-19?

My friend that is a very great point.

Coming from a state that they claim is surging, I am wondering the same.

Also I know many people who work in one of the areas biggest hospitals and it is a ghost town, fear is a powerful motivator.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
TWITTER is censoring the White House again. (Twice in 3 days)

This time because Dr. Scott Atlas is pointing out how ineffective masks are, per the CDC.

Source: twitter.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join